In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he stays and then the following season another bigger club come along he could choose them instead, alternatively this summer he may want to make a move and we ain’t ready. I’d rather not miss out, I love the football he plays and how he seems to improve teams.
Fair. Just don’t see it as a one time shot myself.

He should because the league performance has been abhorrent.

what if he loses both finals?
Then he goes 100%. Because then he has no cup results to protect himself with.

If he wins 1 trophy this season he is probably safe. If he wins 2 then he is 100% safe.

This is not me being a Jose defender. I am just pointing out that the concept of firing a manager after winning a double is incredibly far-fetched.

So that’s Potter’s brilliant brand of attacking football being found out by Hodgkin and Allardyce in the space of a few days.

That’d be enough to get him sacked if he were here.
Err they missed 2 pens, hit the woodwork twice and VAR denied them as well.

good build up terrible finishing sums up Brighton's season. Potter's playstyle will translate well to higher quality talents, whereas Hodgson (Liverpool) and Allardyce (Newcastle and Everton) have proven to be emphatic failures.

Then he goes 100%. Because then he has no cup results to protect himself with.

If he wins 1 trophy this season he is probably safe. If he wins 2 then he is 100% safe.

This is not me being a Jose defender. I am just pointing out that the concept of firing a manager after winning a double is incredibly far-fetched.
2 games shouldn't make or break his future.

football people really have to stop putting results > the process. If Jose stays, then we'll be bang in trouble in Nov/Dec 2021.

Winning just the League Cup won't save him, in my view.

He'd have to either somehow get top 4 or win the Europa League to keep his job. And even then, I think getting top 4 probably wouldn't save him.

Err they missed 2 pens, hit the woodwork twice and VAR denied them as well.

good build up terrible finishing sums up Brighton's season. Potter's playstyle will translate well to higher quality talents, whereas Hodgson (Liverpool) and Allardyce (Newcastle and Everton) have proven to be emphatic failures.
Yep. And we’ve suffered some pretty bad luck recently too.

Brighton should have flattened Palace a few days back, about 20 shots against 3. Almost identical to us against WH. One is due to terrible finishing but a quality manager. The other is due to a shit manager who should do better with world class strikers. Seems weird to me.

Those two games would if there is a trophy at the end of them.
I don't see the point of Jeopardising next season because of this season. Only the most criminally insane on here will use 1/ 2 trophies a a defence if we are in 16th next winter.

if we are smart he needs to be replaced regardless of results. Best thing is that he goes out on a high.

I don't see the point of Jeopardising next season because of this season. Only the most criminally insane on here will use 1/ 2 trophies a a defence if we are in 16th next winter.

if we are smart he needs to be replaced regardless of results. Best thing is that he goes out on a high.
I am not saying that he shouldn't be replaced.

But he 100% is not getting replaced if he wins 2 bloody trophies. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

It’s truly bizarre that you see two trophies this season will bring in a relegation fight next season. When absolutely everyone in football believes that winning trophies leads to further success.

This Potter bloke so many seem to have a crush for had his pants pulled down by Allardyce today, I see.
Would this guy be attracting the attention of any other big club right now?

Yep. And we’ve suffered some pretty bad luck recently too.

Brighton should have flattened Palace a few days back, about 20 shots against 3. Almost identical to us against WH. One is due to terrible finishing but a quality manager. The other is due to a shit manager who should do better with world class strikers.
over the course of the season. spurs should be doing much better in the league.

over the course of the season Brighton are doing about where they should be.

you can pick isolated games all you want but the general performance is on the manager. he's steering the ship.

On the topic of Nagelsmann. IF we get him in we also need a DOF to handle the team building. For all his positives he is a manager molded in the DOF structure/system. Both at Hoffenheim and at Leipzig.

I don't think he has any experience in being actually involved in scouting players for his system. And I don't think someone as lax at his job as Steve "I hate the January window" Hitchen would work well with him.

If Julian (or any new manager for that matter) comes in they need a DOF behind them to build a team that suits their system. Hell, same for Jose if he somehow stays.

over the course of the season. spurs should be doing much better in the league.

over the course of the season Brighton are doing about where they should be.

you can pick isolated games all you want but the general performance is on the manager. he's steering the ship.
Let’s get Moyes or Hodgson in then. Both doing better in the league than they should be.

Nagelsmann is a no brainer, if we miss out on him this/next season he’ll be at Barca or Bayern and we’ll have no chance

He may be young but his numbers and stats don’t lie, and his football is a joy to watch

We should pay whatever it takes to sack cunt face and get this guy in

It’s truly bizarre that you see two trophies this season will bring in a relegation fight next season. When absolutely everyone in football believes that winning trophies leads to further success.
league performance is the most surefire indicator of future competitiveness, ours is rubbish, trending downwards and you don't wait for the crap to truly hit the fan.

Ramos and Graham were both mediocre/crap and the same goes for Jose.

Conte won an FA Cup, still left Chelsea immediately

LVG won an FA Cup, still left Man Utd immediately

Di Matteo won CL for Chelsea and his record was terrible in the league. sacked within months

Wenger won 3 FA Cups in his last 5 years and Woolwich got worse overall compared to their 2005-14 drought.

Dalglish won a league cup and was terrible for Liverpool in his 2nd spell

Martinez won a FA Cup for Wigan, got relegated, (only major trophy) they haven't been back since

Alex McLeish won a league cup for Birmingham (their only trophy ever), got relegated, haven't been back since.

The demands of modern football are such that only Leagues and CL's can cover up awful performances elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom