Tottenham Hotspur FC - Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pissed when we conceded that goal.
Sanchez/Doherty poor on that side to let the goal in but apart from that very solid defensively and also it probably helped us win the game.

If we go in at 1-0 perhaps we don't start that 2nd half so well. So we needed that goal to spur us on tbh.

Pissed when we conceded that goal.
Sanchez/Doherty poor on that side to let the goal in but apart from that very solid defensively and also it probably helped us win the game.

If we go in at 1-0 perhaps we don't start that 2nd half so well. So we needed that goal to spur us on tbh.
Let's be fair to our defenders, there's little they could have done. The best defensive team I can rememmber, mid 80s Milan, would have conceded that goal.

I do not. Kevin Wimmer notwithstanding, Pochettino knows a good CB when he sees one. Sanchez has elite level mobility and physicality, which make him (IMO) our best CB for playing a higher defensive line.

I suspect it may be easier to replace Toby (not a slight-- he's been a legend for us and I still feel is our best overall CB). Many of us were surprised when Toby's £25 Million release clause came and went with no takers.

Surprised that you rate Sanchez's physicality. I've always thought he looks a bit slight/lightweight for a centre back. Quick and mobile, but not that strong.

He seems like a guy who is anxious to get close to his opponent, and win the ball back as soon as possible, but he then sometimes gets out muscled.
Despite that I do think Toby-Dav is our best CB partnership, and I wish Mourinho had backed him sooner.

Back
Top Bottom