Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We are still in the mix for top 4 after Chelsea draw - we are 6 points off 4th with 2 games in hand - with both .Leicester and ManU just a point ahead of Chelsea (albeit we only have one game in hand against both).

With 11 games to go there could still be a few swings and roundabouts as the table is still pretty close from 2nd down to mid-table, although further down the table to the middle the 'gap' gets to an almost unrealistic size to bridge,

We are still in the mix for top 4 after Chelsea draw - we are 6 points off 4th with 2 games in hand - with both .Leicester and ManU just a point ahead of Chelsea (albeit we only have one game in hand against both).

With 11 games to go there could still be a few swings and roundabouts as the table is still pretty close from 2nd down to mid-table, although further down the table to the middle the 'gap' gets to an almost unrealistic size to bridge,
If Manc win the CL is it top five for CL qualification next season

No, that only applies if the CL winner finishes outside top 4... the top 4 still qualify.

If man city wins UCL and finishes 1st and us 5th, only 4 qualify (assuming none win Europa).

That’s what I thought. Extra place only comes into play if say Liverpool won the CL this season. They get it in that instance.

Well the teams ahead of us are doing their best to get us in the top 4. It’s really in our hands with the games we have left. I reckon 7 wins, 2 draws and a loss will get us in the top 4 but that’s quite the run of results. I think a lot depends on the league final. If we can win that, I think all our players will get a huge boost to finish the season strong.

Here are the rules that have been in place since Chelsea won UCL :

Top 4 qualify in league.

If team wins UCL and finishes outside top 4, UCL winner + top 4 qualify = 5

If teams outside top 4 win both UCL and Europa, both qualify + top 3 in league = 5

Here are the rules that have been in place since Chelsea won UCL :

Top 4 qualify in league.

If team wins UCL and finishes outside top 4, UCL winner + top 4 qualify = 5

If teams outside top 4 win both UCL and Europa, both qualify + top 3 in league = 5
OMG.
Liverpool win ECL, Woolwich win EL we finish 4th....gulp...

4th place and beating Woolwich in the Europa League final, thus denying Chelsea, West Ham, Liverpool and Woolwich places in the Champions League next season?

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom