Daily Update: Has Jose Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still here I see, oh well at least it’s Monday and I can go and graft my bollocks off on the back of that wonderfull free flowing, exciting , Tottenham style performance yesterday

Maybe do your daily update at the end of the UK day.
jim halpert GIF

Levy loves him.
He's his project.

He's not going until it gets really bad. Any other manager and he would've been gone.
It is really bad, we are below West Ham, got schooled by a poor Woolwich team , play football that should be considered a crime most of the time . Topped off with an ex Chelsea manager who would throw anyone and everyone under the bus, with an owner who has delivered one trophy in 20 years

It is really bad, we are below West Ham, got schooled by a poor Woolwich team , play football that should be considered a crime most of the time . Topped off with an ex Chelsea manager who would throw anyone and everyone under the bus, with an owner who has delivered one trophy in 20 years
By really bad I mean losing every game bottom half etc..

Sadly we just went on a 5 game winning streak before playing any sort of decent opponent.

And yet the stats show we have won 6 of our last 8 games.
Yes, I do know those games are against Burnley. Palace, Fulham and Zagreb and Wolsberger, but it's somewhat nuts to suggest things are so bad we need to sack the manager.

Things have been much, much worse than this.
2 points from 8 games.
Getting dicked 6-0 and 5-0 against City and Liverpool and even 0-3 at home to a terrible West Ham team

Yes, I do know those games are against Burnley. Palace, Fulham and Zagreb and Wolsberger, but it's somewhat nuts to suggest things are so bad we need to sack the manager.

2 points from 8 games.
Getting dicked 6-0 and 5-0 against City and Liverpool and even 0-3 at home to a terrible West Ham team
Pre the Liverpool 0-5 when AVB was rightly sacked we were 7th and unbeaten in 5 in all competitions, having won 4 of them. Yes the Ramos 2 from 8 was worse but that was 13 years ago. To say that this is better is hardly a ringing endorsment. I think any other manager would have been sacked by now, 8th at this stage of the season is beyond dismal and you can add in the worst run of results in 19 years and a lot of very very ordinary football.

2 points from 8 games.

Im sorry mate but 2 of those were a bunch of European farmers. The other 3 wins were against teams in a relegation battle. These are games that any standard big club should be winning ffs. Our form prior to that is absolutely diabolical. Our record against the teams in the Top 10 is embarrassing. We sit 8th in the table mate, how is that acceptable ? Yes, you can argue we are in a final and obviously still in Europe , but that’s not because of Jose’s brilliant management or how great we are, that’s because we have had an incredibly lucky cup run in both competitions

Last edited:
Pre the Liverpool 0-5 when AVB was rightly sacked we were 7th and unbeaten in 5 in all competitions, having won 4 of them. Yes the Ramos 2 from 8 was worse but that was 13 years ago. To say that this is better is hardly a ringing endorsment. I think any other manager would have been sacked by now, 8th at this stage of the season is beyond dismal and you can add in the worst run of results in 19 years and a lot of very very ordinary football.

Playing devils advocate here with my own comments - Stats don't tell the the fill story.
The 6 wins out of 8 I referenced saw us score 4 goals and blitz teams with some champagne football. Multiple times.
In the AVB sacking season up to the 0-5 Vs Liverpool
Laboured away win Vs Palace settled on a penalty when they didn't come out of their own half.
Laboured home win Vs Swansea settled on a penalty when they didn't come out of their own half.
Laboured away loss to Woolwich when we did nothing.
2-0 home win Vs Norwich that I barely remember
Laboured away win Vs Cardif via last min Paulinho backheel IIRC
1-1 Via Chelsea. Seem to recall we were a little unlucky.
It was at this point I started to worry tbh. We were grinding out results against teams that weren't great and weren't trying to play against us. I had a horrible feeling some one would show up and have a good go and in the very next game
0-3 Vs West Ham. They blew us away. It could have been worse.
0-2 win away to Villa. IIRC they were under Lampbert and terrible.
1-0 home win Vs Hull in one of the worst football matches I have ever seen. The game AVB blamed the fans for the awful, unimaginitive football. Won on a 85th min penalty IIRC
0-0 away to Everton. Barely recall it.
0-1 loss at home to Newcastle.
6-0 away loss to City
2-2 home draw Vs a decent United bringing a glimmer of hope back
1-2 away win to Fulham - barely recall
1-2 away win to Sunderland - barely recall. Mason goal?
0-5 home to Liverpool
16 league games and we we only scored more than one, never more than 2 in all those games. They were dismal games. Dismal football. Even the wins were awful and tbh, harsh on the opposition a lot of the time.

Playing devils advocate here with my own comments - Stats don't tell the the fill story.
The 6 wins out of 8 I referenced saw us score 4 goals and blitz teams with some champagne football. Multiple times.
In the AVB sacking season up to the 0-5 Vs Liverpool
Laboured away win Vs Palace settled on a penalty when they didn't come out of their own half.
Laboured home win Vs Swansea settled on a penalty when they didn't come out of their own half.
Laboured away loss to Woolwich when we did nothing.
2-0 home win Vs Norwich that I barely remember
Laboured away win Vs Cardif via last min Paulinho backheel IIRC
1-1 Via Chelsea. Seem to recall we were a little unlucky.
It was at this point I started to worry tbh. We were grinding out results against teams that weren't great and weren't trying to play against us. I had a horrible feeling some one would show up and have a good go and in the very next game
0-3 Vs West Ham. They blew us away. It could have been worse.
0-2 win away to Villa. IIRC they were under Lampbert and terrible.
1-0 home win Vs Hull in one of the worst football matches I have ever seen. The game AVB blamed the fans for the awful, unimaginitive football. Won on a 85th min penalty IIRC
0-0 away to Everton. Barely recall it.
0-1 loss at home to Newcastle.
6-0 away loss to City
2-2 home draw Vs a decent United bringing a glimmer of hope back
1-2 away win to Fulham - barely recall
1-2 away win to Sunderland - barely recall. Mason goal?
0-5 home to Liverpool
16 league games and we we only scored more than one, never more than 2 in all those games. They were dismal games. Dismal football. Even the wins were awful and tbh, harsh on the opposition a lot of the time.
Don't get me wrong i felt the same about AVB as i do about Mourinho. I hate boring football and if its not backed up by results then whats the point. This season i enjoyed Man U, the Palace 2nd half and Southampton 2nd half but its really not been champagne football. 17 out of 28 league games we've scored 0 or 1 with Bale, Kane, Son, Alli, Moura and Lamela to choose from. Everton, Brighton x 2, Chelsea x2, Burnley away, WBA away, Liverpool home, Woolwich away, Palace away, Wolves away and Leicester were horrific.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong i felt the same about AVB as i do about Mourinho. I hate boring football and if its not backed up by results then whats the point. This season i enjoyed Man U, the Palace 2nd half and Southampton 2nd half but its really not been champagne football. 17 out of 28 league games we've scored 0 or 1 with Bale, Kane, Son, Alli, Moura and Lamela to choose from.

AVB in his defence had a much weaker squad than we have now. But yeh I wanted him out the football like now with Jose was rubbish.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_Tottenham_Hotspur_F.C._season

If Levy has any fucking spine he’ll sack Mourinho at the full time whistle as a statement of intent.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR DO NOT FUCKING PLAY LIKE THIS.

Get this fucking dinosaur out of our club.

Cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt.
Not a Jose fanbois then

The thing was AVB couldn't get a win without it being fecking awful.
Getting murdered 5 and 6 nil is one thing, but when even your wins are lucky penalties, then you know it's sacking form.
Winning 6 of your last 8 with at least 4 being having 4 goals scored, some of which were superb is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom