Dinamo Zagreb Vs Tottenham, Thurs 18th March 5:55pm KO - Live on BT Sport.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck me it wasn't a bad dream. Christ, I've seen some shockers over the years and am hardened to it, but that was some 'achievement' even for us.

That competition was the only glimmer of hope in a truly turgid season. I simply can't wait for this sorry season to end. Club feels rotten to the core.

Fuck me it wasn't a bad dream. Christ, I've seen some shockers over the years and am hardened to it, but that was some 'achievement' even for us.

That competition was the only glimmer of hope in a truly turgid season. I simply can't wait for this sorry season to end. Club feels rotten to the core.

I think that there were plenty of us prepared to give Jose time owing to the fact that we looked good for the EL which would've been major. I could've accepted 6th/7th in the league or around about there if we'd won it.

No more excuses though - this washed up chump needs to go, and so does half our squad.

Painful rebuild time? (except it won't be that painful because there's more than a handful of players in our squad I'd be delighted to fuck off)

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!
Oh so fuck off you moron. Who uses poetry to win points on here.

suicide GIF

Posted this when we went 1-0 down. Turned it off at 2-0.

Did ANYBODY actually believe we would get back into the game as soon as they scored? It was depressingly inevitable.

The new Spurs.
Sadly I completely agree, I watched till the bitter end out of sense of duty. But once they scored the first it was inevitable. That is extremely damning. Unfortunately we continue to be a laughing stock but even for us this is a new low.

I don't post much but need to get this off my chest.

I think the biggest fuck up in recent times was when dembele was sold half way through the season, he was key and a massive reason we both made it to, and failed to show up in the champions league final. This is when there was no denying Levy's balance sheet over football mentality. We'd seen it before under his failure to back redknapp but this cemented it.

Fair enough football is a business and we have a great training facility, one of the best stadiums in the world and a fancy Nike sponsor but it's just an embarrassment of riches at the moment.

The happiest I've ever been with spurs was under redknapp, bonkers score lines. We'd concede three but score five. Thrilling stuff. Amazing nights in the pub. When it looked like he was just about to kill it, he got skanked in the transfer market by levy. The proudest I've ever been was under pochettino, he did so much and so quickly and with so much class and affection. His remit was to get us into the champions League in five years time. He did it five out of five. Levy then skanked him in the transfer market. Then along comes Jose who despite his record, everyone can see a mile off he's both devisive and usually short-lived with embarrassing fallout at the end but there's levy chucking millions at him like he's in a strip club.

I love this club. I've supported spurs since the early nineties when I got in to football as my dad and brother are spurs fans. Apart from redknapp and poch eras, it's not been easy. Until poch it was usually one talisman in a bang average side. He crafted a team. Redknapp similar, despite very different methods: 'i just told him to get out there and run about a bit.'

We see to dare is to do everywhere but the fact is levy isn't about daring, glory or football. He came off like a snake in the documentary and it doesn't take long to research and find out he's only in football to make money.

I mean fine, you have Mike Ashley at Newcastle as an example of how bad things could be and in comparison levy ain't soooo bad.

However, I was a courier for ten years up until a few years ago so I know what it feels and looks like to work for a company with incompetant management that's always trying to pull your pants down while expecting the best out of you but really just looking to make a quick few quid. This is how Levy's reign at spurs feels.

Change my mind. PLEASE. I love this club and can't support anyone else. I just feel like it's history repeating again and again and I don't want to see it again. I've never been so close to giving up on 'modern football,' and supporting Leyton Orient or the hipsters on Hackney Marshes. I feel dirty typing that but didn't someone very clever say something like, 'idiocy is doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results? '

With football you never really know what's going on behind closed doors but I do have a pretty good idea what's like to bang my head against a brick wall.

I genuinely don't think I could take seeing Harry Kane in a Man United but at the same time I couldn't blame him.

*Insert arnie as terminator going into the lava giving it the thumbs up gif*

I'm a mess right now.

Edit for reality check: yes redknapp had his head turned by all the talk of the England job and Pochettino made a fucking huge mistake talking openly about leaving if he won the champions league before the final.
"Idiocy is doing the same thing over and over, but expecting different results". Quite poignant that. It really is apt.

Edit: I think it could be insanity rather than idiocy, but still, the same applies!

You really can be an obnoxious weasel.
Put me on ignore

Bin vote cast.

I only said 'go away'.

At least I didn't support apartheid or using the word 'paki'. Probably best you don't throw stones....

#JustSaying

But no worries, I'll put you on ignore and let you suffer your inevitable binning. No need to reply - ignore button used!

Back
Top Bottom