Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yesterday Vinicius was interviewed by Brazilian website Globo Esporte.
Interview

Talking about his career, how he had decided to quit football in 2017/2018, because it was becoming tough to see football as a way to put food on the table for his family, but a scout working for a Portuguese 2nd division club reignited his career.

When he got to Benfica he realized he was ready to be one of the best players. Doesn't want to compare our current manager Jorge Jesus (who has a huge reputation in Brazil, after managing Flamengo) with Mourinho, or say who is better.

In the the video he says something that I think confirms what I always though, that he wasn't Mourinho's number 1 (or 2, 3...) choice, and would explain his limited playing time. He says the very first thing Mourinho said to him was "Are you ready for this level?". Why would a manager indicate a player if he wasn't sure of his quality? Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but... hmmm.
BTW, Vinicius replied "more than ready".

He says Lucas Moura is a gift from God, he's his translator, teacher, friend, everything. In the video he says Son is his 2nd best friend, although there's a huge language barrier 😀

He's only thinking short term now (when asked about his role in the team, with one of world's top strikers being ahead of him in the pecking order), the situation doesn't bother him and just wants to win a trophy [League Cup].
"Kane is a great attacker and a great person. I try to study what he does in training, in the games, how he positions himself. If I play 5 minutes I'm going to enjoy those 5 minutes, if I play 90 minutes I'll enjoy the same. There's no way to be in the biggest league in the world, in one of the biggest clubs in the world and to be sad because I didn't play"

In the video he says that his biggest dreams are to get to the Brazilian squad, play in a world cup and win it, and make a name for himself in the PL.

It's great to be ambitious but I really don't see him playing for Brazil. Players who leave Brazil as complete non-entities (usually to Portugal, clubs here scout that country better than even the Brazilian clubs), very rarely end up being called for the national team, no matter how good they actually are. Look at Deco and Pepe, better than what Brazil had at the time, but they came to Portugal young and anonymous, so very little chance of wearing the yellow shirt. Portugal took them instead.

Not to mention the slight detail that I don't think Vinicius is good enough for that anyway 😬 If he was a few years younger...

I like the lad and hope he succeeds.

Goals.

Guaranteed Goals.

Not much else.

We'd be mugs not to sign him. He's going to end up at another prem league club and will bang in 15 per season minimum. Yet loads on here reckon he's only worth £4.99. Lolz.

Goals.

Guaranteed Goals.

Not much else.

We'd be mugs not to sign him. He's going to end up at another prem league club and will bang in 15 per season minimum. Yet loads on here reckon he's only worth £4.99. Lolz.
Isn't the agreement that if we elect to buy him it would set us back 45 million? I really like him, but that seems awful high for how much we are seemingly willing to play him.

Goals.

Guaranteed Goals.

Not much else.

For a back up I agree. If the price is reasonable and it looks like we are pushing for lower then he provides very good cover for the striker role. Unless we get the option of a more talented player like Ings or a real up and coming like Daka I don’t see any reason not to get him. It means at least we don’t have to worry about the striker role.

Isn't the agreement that if we elect to buy him it would set us back 45 million? I really like him, but that seems awful high for how much we are seemingly willing to play him.

we won’t pay £36m (that is the price) I have already read report of Levy wanting £17m which ain’t happening either. I reckon it will end up about £20-25m which is fine for a striker who is reasonably consistent and doesn’t mind being Kane’s backup.

If we could land him for 20-25, I'd be very happy with that.
Never woth almost as much as Watkins, come on. Or 10 mil more than EPL proven Hjojberg?!?

Same age but one is HG and other is not. Carlos had literally 1 good season before he came to us.

I stand my ground - 15 mil would already be slightly overpaying based on all the factors and what we have seen up to now.

Yesterday Vinicius was interviewed by Brazilian website Globo Esporte.
Interview

Talking about his career, how he had decided to quit football in 2017/2018, because it was becoming tough to see football as a way to put food on the table for his family, but a scout working for a Portuguese 2nd division club reignited his career.

When he got to Benfica he realized he was ready to be one of the best players. Doesn't want to compare our current manager Jorge Jesus (who has a huge reputation in Brazil, after managing Flamengo) with Mourinho, or say who is better.

In the the video he says something that I think confirms what I always though, that he wasn't Mourinho's number 1 (or 2, 3...) choice, and would explain his limited playing time. He says the very first thing Mourinho said to him was "Are you ready for this level?". Why would a manager indicate a player if he wasn't sure of his quality? Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but... hmmm.
BTW, Vinicius replied "more than ready".

He says Lucas Moura is a gift from God, he's his translator, teacher, friend, everything. In the video he says Son is his 2nd best friend, although there's a huge language barrier 😀

He's only thinking short term now (when asked about his role in the team, with one of world's top strikers being ahead of him in the pecking order), the situation doesn't bother him and just wants to win a trophy [League Cup].
"Kane is a great attacker and a great person. I try to study what he does in training, in the games, how he positions himself. If I play 5 minutes I'm going to enjoy those 5 minutes, if I play 90 minutes I'll enjoy the same. There's no way to be in the biggest league in the world, in one of the biggest clubs in the world and to be sad because I didn't play"

In the video he says that his biggest dreams are to get to the Brazilian squad, play in a world cup and win it, and make a name for himself in the PL.

It's great to be ambitious but I really don't see him playing for Brazil. Players who leave Brazil as complete non-entities (usually to Portugal, clubs here scout that country better than even the Brazilian clubs), very rarely end up being called for the national team, no matter how good they actually are. Look at Deco and Pepe, better than what Brazil had at the time, but they came to Portugal young and anonymous, so very little chance of wearing the yellow shirt. Portugal took them instead.

Not to mention the slight detail that I don't think Vinicius is good enough for that anyway 😬 If he was a few years younger...
This makes me laugh because every one without exception thinks Son is there best freind. Aureir loves him the Welsh lads say his Welsh. Say what you want Sonny is about as good a team mate as you could Wish for. I like Vinicius and really want another goal and start for him.

we won’t pay £36m (that is the price) I have already read report of Levy wanting £17m which ain’t happening either. I reckon it will end up about £20-25m which is fine for a striker who is reasonably consistent and doesn’t mind being Kane’s backup.

He's absolutely worth the 20-25m. I'm sick of this club nickel and diming itself to death all because it wants to be proud of its cost saving.

He's absolutely worth the 20-25m. I'm sick of this club nickel and diming itself to death all because it wants to be proud of its cost saving.

Given how stupid it he market is I would say yes. He could easily play as a first choice for a mid table prem team and get probably 15 or so goals a season. At least it means we can move on and worry about fixing the defence.

I am so tired of them overspending on mediocre talent that is not good enough to start.

20-25m should get you a hell of a lot more than a guy you hope doesn't see a minute of PL time and is not good enough to fill in for Kane if injured.

At least if he brought some other than just being a striker maybe you could rationalize it but there are way better uses for that money than to waste it on Vinicius.

Given how stupid it he market is I would say yes. He could easily play as a first choice for a mid table prem team and get probably 15 or so goals a season. At least it means we can move on and worry about fixing the defence.

I like Vinicius but I would really doubt that he could do that.

I like Vinicius but I would really doubt that he could do that.

Why not he is a good finisher, his movement is decent as well in and around the box. His play deeper isn’t brilliant but then again we have become very spoilt with Kane who is a different level.

He is already on 10 goals for us anyway and because of Kane we hardly use him.

Back
Top Bottom