Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fair play to you guys for trying to predict the future. It never ceases to amaze me how you guys do it week in week out.

But you are wasting your time and energy.

Just let it unfold...

Be a boring forum mate, if we all just waited to see what happens. I enjoy reading what other tragics like myself, expect, whether I agree or not.

Be a boring forum mate, if we all just waited to see what happens. I enjoy reading what other tragics like myself, expect, whether I agree or not.
I don't deny that.

I just think you could do something else. Like identify some left footed CBs we could buy in the summer. Levy ain't got a clue. Think we could send him a letter of the joint scouting effort on TFC. Think we need to get
x2 RB
DM
CB left footed
GK?

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Toby - Reggie
PEH - Ndombele
Bale - Moura - Son
Kane

So which one of these is 'bang average' ?

Our weakness is clear - Ndombele. Sissoko and Winks are not better options and we are left having 2 midfielders who cannot consistently pass in an effective way to our forward players.

Watching Chelsea the other day and the shift Kante put in was another level. Ndombele is costing us 200k a week and should be a candidate for MOTM every game for that money.
I did say ‘bang average squad’ so aside from that eleven (who I will come back to):

Hart, Doherty, Dier, Davies, Sissoko, Winks, Bergwijn, Vinicius are decidedly average.

The ‘first’ eleven. Our manager should be able to get a tune out of. On paper they are worthy of a place in the top 4. However, the bulk of this team have wimped out and failed to show up in games against big sides (Woolwich, Man City, Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool) and against smaller (Brighton). In certain other games where they eventually turned up, they still lost or dropped points (West Ham, Fulham).

There are question marks over Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Sanchez, N’Dombele, Lucas for various reasons. However, there’s no alternatives in those positions.

PEH has rightly been lauded for his performances and attitude this season, esp early on. In the last couple of months his performances have been decidedly average too. Could this be fatigue? Who knows? But with Winks/Sissoko waiting in the wings, there’s no alternative.

Brings us to Bale, Son, Kane. Undoubted star quality and top performers. Son - now injured, perhaps because he has been unnecessarily flogged in cup games where he shouldn’t have had to feature - has had an ordinary last month or two, perhaps also due to fatigue. Bale found some form recently and questions should be raised about how he has been managed.

So yeah. Bang average squad. Unable to provide cover for the better first team players.

All that said, the squad has been mismanaged by our fraud of a manager. In my humble opinion.

8th. With 10 games to go. Woeful mismanagement. Anyone that is thinking top 4 all i can say is i admire your optimism. Liverpool cant keep losing at home and their away form is good so i think they'll finish above us. Its a 6th to 10th place fight with West Ham, Everton, Villa and Woolwich imo. Welcome back to 1992 to 2004.

Last edited:
8th. With 10 games to go. Woeful mismanagement. Anyone that is thinking top 4 all i can say is i admire your optimism. Liverpool cant keep losing at home and their away form is good so i think they'll finish above us. Its a 6th to 10th place fight with West Ham, Everton, Villa and Woolwich imo. Welcome back to 1992 to 2004.

I’m discounting villa. Their run is a crazy. 10th place at best. Hopefully we play them with no grealish.

Think Liverpool look tired (like us) and still have the CL to contend with so I think they will struggle. Their GD is not the best either.

They conceded more possession to wolves last night. That’s pretty unheard of. Last time they played them it was pretty much 60v40 in their favour.

It’s so tight anyway. Last 5 games. Quite consistent performances.

United 11 points
Leicester 10 points
Chelsea 9 points
West Ham 9 points
Liverpool 6 points
Everton 9 points
Spurs 9 points
Villa 5 points

It's still on but only if we learn to go into the games that matter with massive balls.
Whether he was right to say it or not, Mourinho was right about Sunday, too many players hid and played like cowards. The passing was timid, there was a lack of tenacity, people didn't show for the ball.
My fear is with Man United, Everton and Leicester, we will play within ourselves again and throw the games away.

Here's our remaining fixtures:

Aston VillaA
Newcastle UnitedA
Manchester UnitedH
EvertonA
Sheffield UnitedH
Leeds UnitedA
WolverhamptonH
Aston VillaH
Leicester CityA
SouthamptonH

Leicester

LeicestervMan City
West HamvLeicester
LeicestervWest Brom
LeicestervCrystal Palace
SouthamptonvLeicester
LeicestervNewcastle
Man UtdvLeicester
ChelseavLeicester
LeicestervTottenham

Chelsea

ChelseavWest Brom
Crystal PalacevChelsea
ChelseavBrighton
West HamvChelsea
ChelseavFulham
Man CityvChelsea
ChelseavWoolwich
ChelseavLeicester
Aston VillavChelsea

WHU

WolvesvWest Ham
West HamvLeicester
NewcastlevWest Ham
West HamvChelsea
BurnleyvWest Ham
West HamvEverton
BrightonvWest Ham
West BromvWest Ham
West HamvSouthampton

It's still on but only if we learn to go into the games that matter with massive balls.
Whether he was right to say it or not, Mourinho was right about Sunday, too many players hid and played like cowards. The passing was timid, there was a lack of tenacity, people didn't show for the ball.
My fear is with Man United, Everton and Leicester, we will play within ourselves again and throw the games away.
So Jose, who carped on long and hard about "changing mentalities" is admitting himself that he has failed. Good. Will be easier to remove him from the post.

Absolutely. We seems to be going backwards in big game mentality.
I think a big part is how shit our squad players are. With one game per week, no rotation and no injuries we could win 7 from 9 as long as simpletons like Doherty, Dier, Davies, Sissoko and Wanks aren’t involved. Those NPC’s kill us time and time again and are trustworthy as Prince Andrew in a children’s ward

I think a big part is how shit our squad players are. With one game per week, no rotation and no injuries we could win 7 from 9 as long as simpletons like Doherty, Dier, Davies, Sissoko and Wanks aren’t involved. Those NPC’s kill us time and time again and are trustworthy as Prince Andrew in a children’s ward
NPC's
:levylol:

Love it!

10 man Chavs trailing 2-4 at home to West Brom with 10 minutes to go. Assuming they lose from here, if we win at Newcastle tomorrow, we’ll go above them and into 4th.

Back
Top Bottom