Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ve felt all season that it’s a low enough bar to make Top 4 this season like it was last season when 3rd and 4th both finished on 66 points. We got 72 points in 2012/13 and finished 5th. Even in 2018/19 we needed 71 points to get 4th, 1 point ahead of Woolwich. I suspect mid 60’s will get 4th this season.

I wouldn’t in any way interpret a 4th place finish as a ringing endorsement of the job the manager is doing. If we do finish 4th, it will no doubt be spun as such and ranked amongst his greatest managerial achievements.
Not sure if the manager with over 25 major trophies would celebrate top 4 tho ,but surely spurs fans will , i mean they have been celebrating it when poch was here

Not sure if the manager with over 25 major trophies would celebrate top 4 tho ,but surely spurs fans will , i mean they have been celebrating it when poch was here

He did celebrate last season ecstatically dancing all over selhurst Park after leading us to our worst league finish in 6 years.

He did celebrate last season ecstatically dancing all over selhurst Park after leading us to our worst league finish in 6 years.
To be fair to the poisonous dwarf bastard, certain circumstances were out his control eg taking over 10/15 games, injuries etc - this time around, it’s all on him

It’s absolutely wide open for us now, especially as we still have to play Leicester.

I just don’t trust the players to deliver. They’ve let us down so many times. This game today is the perfect test, the banana skin has been placed and everyone is expecting us to slip on it. Are we going to be complacent like Chelsea were against West Brom? Or are we going to fight like animals to take 3 points?

It’s absolutely wide open for us now, especially as we still have to play Leicester.

I just don’t trust the players to deliver. They’ve let us down so many times. This game today is the perfect test, the banana skin has been placed and everyone is expecting us to slip on it. Are we going to be complacent like Chelsea were against West Brom? Or are we going to fight like animals to take 3 points?
I don’t trust some of our squad players. If we get lucky with injuries, then playing just once a week means we won’t have to condemn ourselves by playing the hopeless Winks, Sissoko, Davies, Sanchez, Doherty etc

I don’t see it as complacency, it’s a lack of ability from a handful of championship level players

I don’t trust some of our squad players. If we get lucky with injuries, then playing just once a week means we won’t have to condemn ourselves by playing the hopeless Winks, Sissoko, Davies, Sanchez, Doherty etc

I don’t see it as complacency, it’s a lack of ability from a handful of championship level players

It’s not just them though, against Woolwich we went limp with our best XI. Against Leicester we went limp. Against Chelsea. Against Liverpool. Against Everton in the cup. As a collective these players are weak and scared to grasp the nettle.

It’s not just them though, against Woolwich we went limp with our best XI. Against Leicester we went limp. Against Chelsea. Against Liverpool. Against Everton in the cup. As a collective these players are weak and scared to grasp the nettle.
Yeah fair point. Likely a bit of both, maybe the first team just ain’t all that post Dembele/Eriksen/Vertongen

That same manager claimed in 2018 that a 2nd place finish for Man U in the 2017/18 season, a full 19 points behind Manchester City was the greatest achievement of his managerial career. If he does manage to jam a 4th place finish this season, no doubt similar type spin will be deployed to keep him in his £15 million a year job.

That same manager claimed in 2018 that a 2nd place finish for Man U in the 2017/18 season, a full 19 points behind Manchester City was the greatest achievement of his managerial career. If he does manage to jam a 4th place finish this season, no doubt similar type spin will be deployed to keep him in his £15 million a year job.

If we get 4th in this freak show of a season then it will be a very good achievement. Nobody can deny that.

I’m always wary of sides in or around the relegation places this time of the season fighting for their survival. Much rather be facing a ms table side, nothing to play for and on the beach already. Newcastle are 4th from bottom, 2 points outside the relegation places. Chelsea learned a lesson on that front against 2nd bottom West Brom yesterday.

Vancat

200.gif

Doherty is not in our best 11, I’m not saying that we can blame the whole performance on one position but it was such a stupid mistake for Jose to make and he did nothing to rectify it.

Everything came down Doherty’s side, everyone on this forum was calling for aurier to start. It’s probably the worst decision Jose has made this season and it truly showed his arrogance when he put sissoko on for bale to protect Doherty instead of just subbing Doherty off for aurier like we should of started with.

Jose isn’t a bad manager, but his arrogance is what let’s him down in those crucial moments. We know aurier and him haven’t been the best of chums, but you play the best 11 available.

If we are going to get top 4 it is not just the players that need to step up, Jose also needs to step up and stop selecting passengers due to favouritism. Dier, doherty, sissoko etc. Should not be in the match day squad from this day forward, they add fuck all.

Bale has been proven fit and should be played with tanganga/aurier behind him to make up for his lack of stamina and defensive contribution. Stop making statements Jose and fuck off that ego, we have good players. Play them.

Because he is telling the truth ? 3 years after they got rid of him + 300m spend with their new manager spreading happy virus , Manchester United still haven't surpass his achievement there. 0 trophies won after he left , finished the season 2x with just 66 points , and do you mind telling me the gap between them and city this year ? The current city isn't even getting 100 points this season

Doherty is not in our best 11, I’m not saying that we can blame the whole performance on one position but it was such a stupid mistake for Jose to make and he did nothing to rectify it.

Everything came down Doherty’s side, everyone on this forum was calling for aurier to start. It’s probably the worst decision Jose has made this season and it truly showed his arrogance when he put sissoko on for bale to protect Doherty instead of just subbing Doherty off for aurier like we should of started with.

Jose isn’t a bad manager, but his arrogance is what let’s him down in those crucial moments. We know aurier and him haven’t been the best of chums, but you play the best 11 available.

If we are going to get top 4 it is not just the players that need to step up, Jose also needs to step up and stop selecting passengers due to favouritism. Dier, doherty, sissoko etc. Should not be in the match day squad from this day forward, they add fuck all.

Bale has been proven fit and should be played with tanganga/aurier behind him to make up for his lack of stamina and defensive contribution. Stop making statements Jose and fuck off that ego, we have good players. Play them.
I agree that Doherty shouldn't play again but even with a shit right back we should have competed far better against the worst Woolwich team in years.

We were simply outfought everywhere. Bale offered nothing and I think it's too risky to start him now against the better sides. Games like today are where we probably can utilise him as we should dominate possession but I would not be against lining up as we did against Villa.

It showed what a bunch of committed, hard working players can achieve.

As for Aurier - that Zagreb shitshow should see him on the bench for a while yet. Disgraceful performance.

I think Jose will reward the good Villa win plus time spent with those over the int. break:

Lloris
Tanganga Sanchez Rodon Reguilon
Ndombele Hojberg
GLC Lucas Son
Kane
I'd quite like to see more of Vini but we have more proven options in attack fit again so I reckon he loses out.

I agree that Doherty shouldn't play again but even with a shit right back we should have competed far better against the worst Woolwich team in years.

We were simply outfought everywhere. Bale offered nothing and I think it's too risky to start him now against the better sides. Games like today are where we probably can utilise him as we should dominate possession but I would not be against lining up as we did against Villa.

It showed what a bunch of committed, hard working players can achieve.

As for Aurier - that Zagreb shitshow should see him on the bench for a while yet. Disgraceful performance.

I think Jose will reward the good Villa win plus time spent with those over the int. break:

Lloris
Tanganga Sanchez Rodon Reguilon
Ndombele Hojberg
GLC Lucas Son
Kane
I'd quite like to see more of Vini but we have more proven options in attack fit again so I reckon he loses out.
Go with that but Sanchez the obvious weak point going walkabout when not marking someone

Because he is telling the truth ? 3 years after they got rid of him + 300m spend with their new manager spreading happy virus , Manchester United still haven't surpass his achievement there. 0 trophies won after he left , finished the season 2x with just 66 points , and do you mind telling me the gap between them and city this year ? The current city isn't even getting 100 points this season
I couldn’t give a shit about City or Man U. What I do know is the ‘Special One’ is not so Special anymore and hasn’t been for over a decade. It’s only the fanboys like yourself that are now infesting this place and Levy who haven’t woken up to that.

We’re playing a shit brand of dull sterile football despite all the attacking talent at his disposal, the atmosphere is toxic and as things stand at the moment we’re on target for 62-63 points, a low points tally in the last decade I believe that’s only been matched by the 59 points we finished last season with.

This big game mentality that he supposedly brings has been in scarce supply. Of the sides in the top half of the table, we have the worst head to head record against fellow top half sides and we haven’t beaten a side higher than 8th in the league all season.

He’s supposedly a defensive guru yet we’ve still fucked away 10 points this season in the last few minutes against bang average sides like West Ham, Newcastle, Wolves, Fulham and Crystal Palace.

Not a great return from a chancer drawing down £15 million a year.

Jose fanboys like yourself are no doubt thrilled with him every time he as much as farts. Spurs fans like myself are in the main feeling pretty pissed off and short changed by the Jose experience - as most of us predicted we would be from the moment he was appointed.

Back
Top Bottom