Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still don't think Levy is the problem
In the end he gives everything for the club in my opinion
Yes he doesn't spend much money for new players
He hold on to Poch 5 years without a trophy absolutely no mistake
After that he wanted a coach which guarantees trophies (this is what we all want) to the clubs where he coached
Jose was the only one who was available
I'm pretty sure he knows it doesn't work
Financially there is no better one than him for a club
Only Bayern Munich is working better than us
Levy is a spurs fan and tries everything to give us what we want - trophy
We supporters should be realistic

No absolutely top player will join us
We don't have the history in the near past
I still think a player will chose the gooners before us
We don't pay the wages like other clubs do it
We don't pay the money for a top guy to a other club
Bayern also not but they are number 1 in the league
They have also only 2 players which earns more money than all other players
If someone like Alaba thinks he deserved the same wages like Neuer and Lewa
They sell him or let him go for free
Are you drunker than me? Or currently have levys cock in yoir mouth? . I will give him credit for the stadium plus training ground because as much as i loved WHL it was needed to keep up his football sense/ business been shit

He played a team against Aston Villa Spurs won 2-0, he played exactly the same team today what happened 2-2 Newcastle are 4th from bottom Spurs were expected to win why didn’t the players perform, what’s mourinho gonna do run onto the pitch and score himself.
he played a well rested team today, sons just come back from injury, Toby played 3 games from Belgium, bales injury prone.
If you watched the villa game you'd know that we were shit in that game too.

Villa had enough chances to score 2 goals themselves. The line up wasn't great and the choice of subs meant Mourinho basically handcuffed himself.

The long and short of it is that Mourinho's political decisions is actually backfiring against himself as its making his ability to win games harder and therefore piling more pressure on himself.

I find it remarkable that personalities like Jose's can make it anywhere in life. Like how the hell do you get to deflect criticism 100% of the time and continue to get away with it? How can you say egocentric shit over and over again and your players don't slap you in the face?

Jose seems like a good guy on the day to day and he seems to have a decent heart in him (e.g. the respect he paid that foreign reporter whose dad died and so forth), but when it comes to the game, he is a sociopath.

Looking at Winks face during the documentary when he hears the news that we hired Jose says it all. He has clout of being a dick and it tarnishes relationships before they even start.
What winks think about mourinho is irrelevant, it's not like he will turn world class under anyone

love that hes thrown the defence under the bus. enough is enough. they are appalling. the whole lot need gutting out bar reggie. the difference that would make would be massive, not only with defending but with our possession too. cant get anywhere with a bunch of braindead donkeys at the back, its torture.
Criticising them in public is cowardly. It's about deflecting criticism. Deal with them in private.

I still don't think Levy is the problem
In the end he gives everything for the club in my opinion
Yes he doesn't spend much money for new players
He hold on to Poch 5 years without a trophy absolutely no mistake
After that he wanted a coach which guarantees trophies (this is what we all want) to the clubs where he coached
Jose was the only one who was available
I'm pretty sure he knows it doesn't work
Financially there is no better one than him for a club
Only Bayern Munich is working better than us
Levy is a spurs fan and tries everything to give us what we want - trophy
We supporters should be realistic

No absolutely top player will join us
We don't have the history in the near past
I still think a player will chose the gooners before us
We don't pay the wages like other clubs do it
We don't pay the money for a top guy to a other club
Bayern also not but they are number 1 in the league
They have also only 2 players which earns more money than all other players
If someone like Alaba thinks he deserved the same wages like Neuer and Lewa
They sell him or let him go for free
Fuck me Daniel comparing how you run the club to Bayern , have you seen what they have won since you have been bloodsucking Spurs

I said this a few weeks ago but look at how his time at the end of his United career is compared to now. This was the feeling of most Man United fans :
- Why does he keep playing crap players (Ashley Young at the time over Luke Shaw)
- He keeps changing his team all the time (Apart from yesterday how many times have we just kept changing players)
- Throwing players under the bus + Starting to fall out with players (check quotes from his presser yesterday)
- We start lots of attacking players yet we still can't create chances (Look at his whole Tottenham tenure)
- Teams not afraid to come to Old Trafford anymore (Our record at WHL compared to 16/17 season , or how many smaller teams have got results there against us)
- Jose says he's telling the players not to be defensive.
- He needs a big amount of money eg. £100m to spend on a new defense (See he's a chequebook manager...)
- Poorer teams have looked better than us and dominated us during matches (check yesterday's game)

Jose Mourinho to Spurs was never going to work. He was going to get very small sums and Mourinho doesn't work well unless he has the best players in the world at his disposal. His falling out at United should've showed that he was finished but instead some people chose to ignore that and think he could come back.
We have a chairman who's tried for the best part of 15 years to bring the guy in. He was so obsessed with the idea of Mourinho that he completly forgot to consider what had preivously happened.

I said right from the off the guy is a dinosaur . This match was never going to work and to be honest if we didn't have a chairman who was so desperate to get him , he'd probably be gone by now.

I said this a few weeks ago but look at how his time at the end of his United career is compared to now. This was the feeling of most Man United fans :
- Why does he keep playing crap players (Ashley Young at the time over Luke Shaw)
- He keeps changing his team all the time (Apart from yesterday how many times have we just kept changing players)
- Throwing players under the bus + Starting to fall out with players (check quotes from his presser yesterday)
- We start lots of attacking players yet we still can't create chances (Look at his whole Tottenham tenure)
- Teams not afraid to come to Old Trafford anymore (Our record at WHL compared to 16/17 season , or how many smaller teams have got results there against us)
- Jose says he's telling the players not to be defensive.
- He needs a big amount of money eg. £100m to spend on a new defense (See he's a chequebook manager...)
- Poorer teams have looked better than us and dominated us during matches (check yesterday's game)

Jose Mourinho to Spurs was never going to work. He was going to get very small sums and Mourinho doesn't work well unless he has the best players in the world at his disposal. His falling out at United should've showed that he was finished but instead some people chose to ignore that and think he could come back.
We have a chairman who's tried for the best part of 15 years to bring the guy in. He was so obsessed with the idea of Mourinho that he completly forgot to consider what had preivously happened.

I said right from the off the guy is a dinosaur . This match was never going to work and to be honest if we didn't have a chairman who was so desperate to get him , he'd probably be gone by now.
Mourinho from what I've seen is finished.
He said when he joined he developed a new philosophy , what's that ? To become even more reliant on your ST.

Its beyond a joke now.

I honestly do wonder if Jose is still on Romans payroll
I said previously he looks as if he doesn’t care. I don’t see the same animation in him like when he was at scum first time round. I don’t the same quotes of showing ambition , passion and togetherness. All you get is we try to win every game and then go out play the opposite. There is no way he is getting those players motivated. As for new philosophy my arse that alone should be the sacking reason ie getting the job on false pretences.

Ahhhh...

60% of me knew all along that yesterdays game was to end in the fashion it did. I mean not for past year, but at least start of 2nd half yesterday.
But remaining 40% was keeping fingers crossed that we would see this game over the line so we could just approach Jose with ultimatum - "Look, if you walk out right now, you can still claim that you brought Spurs back to top 4 and cup final, you can leave with your head held high and someone (hopefully Woolwich!) will hire you soon again! Let's agree on 50% of compensation compared to contract and call it a day. As you know very well, you don't have what it takes to finish in top 4 position nor to get us the win in EFL cup final and if season will continue in current manner, you will be sacked and be universally seen as failure with Spurs. If you resign now, you will keep some of your face and we will save 50% of the money - in the long run it is better for both."

Unfortunately it went as it went and we never got chance to try that tactic.

Squad has some enormous issues, but I fully expect that any former player (King, Mason) or Harry or whoever would get better results from remaining games than Jose will. And then we can find new gaffer for next season.

Last edited:
Don't really buy in to the downing tools chat - things grew stale under Poch and there was a lack of investment stretching back a couple of seasons, under Mourinho we just look directionless.

A team of players downing tools don’t sit this close to the top 4 when the target for the season was more less just that. Look at where Chelsea and United were when Jose left them, that's what downing toold looks like
Mourinho’s greatest achievement in the past 6 years is convincing significant portions of not one, not two, but THREE separate fanbases that their squads have less than a handful of decent players.

there really should be a thesis written on his powers of manipulation.

seeing how well Luke Shaw is playing this season should make us doubt everything.

Last edited:
To all Mourinho supporters, please list all the positives since he took over that should warrant him another season. Don’t bullshit me with he needs time and transfers, the players are shit etc, tell me what he has improved at Spurs in 18 months cause I can’t see a damn thing he’s done above expectations like a manager of his caliber should do.

I do wonder if the real special one was Rui Faria. Always Mourinho right hand man, once he left United they fell off a cliff and Jose got sacked. I remember at the time that some players suggested Rui was coaching the team and Mourinho does the press conferences.

Now with his new backroom staff Jose is clueless.

Could it be that Mourinho is the biggest fraud in football history?

Mourinho from what I've seen is finished.
He said when he joined he developed a new philosophy , what's that ? To become even more reliant on your ST.

Its beyond a joke now.
Completely agree he is done. I’m not even sure the likes of Everton, West Ham or Villa would give him a job now.

Maybe Wolves because of their Portugal connection but no other top 10 side would give him a job.

VHS manager in a Blu-Ray age.

Keep rodon
I do wonder if the real special one was Rui Faria. Always Mourinho right hand man, once he left United they fell off a cliff and Jose got sacked. I remember at the time that some players suggested Rui was coaching the team and Mourinho does the press conferences.

Now with his new backroom staff Jose is clueless.

Could it be that Mourinho is the biggest fraud in football history?
Well it certainly looks like he doesn’t or hasn’t coached our squad when you compare the football and style played by teams like Brighton , soton, Fulham , Leeds, etc all who have far less quality players than we have. That alone should make levy squirm considering we pay this guy £15M / yr that his super coach has not improved us one bit. In defence , attack, bringing through youth or improving individual players. Damming indictment !

To all Mourinho supporters, please list all the positives since he took over that should warrant him another season. Don’t bullshit me with he needs time and transfers, the players are shit etc, tell me what he has improved at Spurs in 18 months cause I can’t see a damn thing he’s done above expectations like a manager of his caliber should do.
We all know what’s coming....

“Got us top” - means nothing.

“League cup final” - means nothing yet. Beat one decent team to get there that was on pens.

“Ndombele” - absolute BS. Ndombele was bought for 60m because he was one of the most talented MF’s in Europe.

“These players let Poch down, let him bring new ones in”- god this is the worst. Firstly they didn’t let Poch down, we finished on a poor run but over the course of his tenure they delivered. Poch was wedded to a diamond that was killing us. Secondly we have brought in, what, 9 or so players since?! Thirdly he continues to play people we all agree aren’t good enough (Sanchez) and has given new contracts to others.

“Made Kane better” - not true, Kane has been very lucky with injuries this season. He’s always this good when he’s fit.

And when all that fails... “But but trophies” - means zero here. And actually if you said to me Jose was going to win the league cup every year here I’d still want him gone.

The guy is tactically vacuous. He has zero idea how to coach a side in the modern game.

Mourinho has been a big disappointment to me as a fan.

I wasn't expecting champagne football but I thought we would be more competent and effective under him than we have been. The EL exit to Dynamo was a particular low, and many of our matches have not entertained.

Whilst I am looking forward to him not being our manager, I will say those who think we will solve all of our problems by getting rid of Mourinho are deluding themselves. We need a new manager, about 7/8 players coming and going, a director of football and to revamp our recruitment model. All of that needs to be done before we can be serious about being a top tier team again. So the problems I see are quite deep-seated, a new manager changes some things but far from all.

I would also make sure that Levy, for all of his good work off the field, is kept far away from the football side of things as possible with the DoF/manager being responsible for that. Unlike some I do think Levy has our interests at heart, but he's meddled too much and made some costly mistakes.

Last edited:
The team looks directionless at the moment. We don't press very well, but we don't do the low block/counter-attack thing now either. We are somewhere in the middle and looking to Harry to get us out of trouble, which he often does.

I do think we need a big overhaul of our defenders, I'm not sure we even have 1 good defender in the entire squad. But a good coach gets the team to be more than the sum of its parts and Mourinho is failing at this. We don't play well very often do we? I can't really say that we have improved from Jose's first couple of months in charge, which isn't good enough. He deserves sacking.

Mentality is an excuse children and media use.

It's all about tactics and talent.
This is quite clearly false.

The doc exposed the fact that we have a squad of man children. Barely a bollock between them.

The characters in the dressing room are a crucial part of how successful a team can be. Plenty examples of not so great players being part of great teams for other elements they brought to the dressing room.

Back
Top Bottom