Daily Update: Has Jose Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
By playing in a different era when those type of players had

Look at his time at United, he brought in shit players, look at us here not near the same success. I know people will go on about the EL and League Cup that he won at United as though they are some massive accomplishments but if you look at his time there is was pretty poor, the players he targeted and brought in were poor as well. They players he preferred were shit.

It is pretty clear that Jose is not the same manager he was when he was at the top of his game. His time with us and United have shown that. I think it is part that the game has changed and the styles that worked in the past are no longer successful. I also think that many of the things he did in the past that were successful are no longer effective with players today.

We have seen the same thing happen in other sports as well many of the top coaches from 2010-15 are no longer the top coaches now.

I know it is the favorite refrain of the Jose apologists to point back to history and ignore the present to try and excuse what is clear as day but there is no way you can look at Jose's time at United or his time with us and try to claim that he is a good judge of talent. That the type of players he prefers are the type of players having success with the top teams in the world. It just isn't close to the case and is based solely on ignoring reality.
Have a look at who Utd beat to win the Europa. We could win it against that lot. Celta Vigo , Ajax were the best of a bad bunch.

All you who talk trash about our players: Can you remember how fans talked about the likes of Vertonghen, Dembele, Rose and Walker pre Poch?

And can you remember how United's players were seen as shit under Mourinho?

Or how Mourinho talked about his players as not good enough when he was there?

Or how Mourinho bragged about our squad before he was hired as our manager?

Our players are not shit. We have a manager who actively talks them down, damaging their confidence, and who sets them up to fail with his defensive mindset and negative body language and communication.

We have a shit manager. Our squad is more than strong enough to be far ahead of the likes of West Ham and Leicester, and ahead of United and Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom