Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Discovered? Bit harsh to be honest.

Been like that forever if you think about it. AFAIC it goes with this fanbase back to a minority complex grown out of our 80's and 90's fall from grace. On back of the Klinsmann signing perhaps.

Our fanbase has a unhealthy obsession with "marquee" signings. It's obscene.

Mourinho, decline or not, was a marquee signing - which is why the retards support him to the end.
Nailed it. It’s no way to build a good team

Watch that second half again. It just that Arteta had been lobotomised and mistook Aubameyang for prime Joe Jordan. They hurt us second half time and again only Woolwich were pathetic. Even then it did not work as well as made out. And all our players were clearly drinking the cool
Aid and thought the unsustainable finishing and single digit possession would get them a title.
As I remember it I was stressed and thought we limited them to fuck all, had them play from out wide lobbing aimless crosses into the box that we easily dealt with. (Again, I hate watching this crap).

Benitez currently sitting at home doing nothing. Short term contract. Big bonus for Carabao cup and an even bigger one for top 4
Mate have you been reading this thread and what most fans don’t like about Maureen and what they would like as an alternative? Benetiz is from the same mould as jose boring football with the same philosophy and sane blame culture.

How did you feel when we were top?
Ffs it was after about 8-10 games I think and was for a couple of weeks at most. Plus we had played awful against Burnley away , WBA and there was another team I can’t recall. Will people stop going on about being top for a few games so early in the season as if it’s a badge of honour. If I recall correctly you were a big jose fan. Apologies if im wrong on that one.

Jose Mourinho Acolytes

retro games lemmings GIF
If only

Win the League Cup Final and sack him in the dressing room afterwards. Man U did that to Van Gaal after winning the FA Cup in 2016. Real Madrid fired Jupp Heynckes in 1998 just after they won the European Cup for the first time in 32 years.

Ffs it was after about 8-10 games I think and was for a couple of weeks at most. Plus we had played awful against Burnley away , WBA and there was another team I can’t recall. Will people stop going on about being top for a few games so early in the season as if it’s a badge of honour. If I recall correctly you were a big jose fan. Apologies if im wrong on that one.
I wasn’t and aren’t a big Jose fan
I just think that he needs a fair crack of the whip

Too many Poch Fanbois writing him off before he started forgetting Poch left a total shitshow!

sickening even now yearning for that serial loser to return

Can’t even manage a huge side like PSG struggling in the French League ffs

Win the League Cup Final and sack him in the dressing room afterwards. Man U did that to Van Gaal after winning the FA Cup in 2016. Real Madrid fired Jupp Heynckes in 1998 just after they won the European Cup for the first time in 32 years.

Like on a tiny folded note hidden in the cup?

Or perhaps written on a napkin and given to Winks to pass back to him. No point telling Sissoko to give Jose the bad news. It'll just sail over his head.

I wasn’t and aren’t a big Jose fan
I just think that he needs a fair crack of the whip

Too many Poch Fanbois writing him off before he started forgetting Poch left a total shitshow!

sickening even now yearning for that serial loser to return

Can’t even manage a huge side like PSG struggling in the French League ffs
Done nothing during his time to prove he deserves to be here.

There is no chance we spend this summer, there is no money for new players and their is not likely to be anyone with any money to buy our deadwood.

Seeing that he will have burnt through our whole squad by then, it will be another pointless season.

I don't put it down to luck, it's a massive concern that anyone thought he was still relevant given the obvious downward trend he's been on and the shitty football he played. I simply can't excuse the rationale behind the appointment one bit.
That's the worst part, everyone could see this coming in one form or another. COVID probably fucked the club and him a bit, but there's no reason to believe this season would have turned out much differently regardless.

You're off your fucking head if you think Mourinho would have that West Ham team anywhere near top 4. The reason they are there is because Moyes has them playing his way and it's been effective.

Our problem is not our squad, it's our manager. It's clear as daylight and all this time we spend pissing all over our players and saying they're worse than all these other shite teams is pointless. Any competent manager would have had us top 4 this season, we have easily enough player resources for it.
When you say West Ham have a better squad than Spurs, you really need to take step back, have a look in the mirror and evaluate the choices you've made to get to that point.

Levy should just put his ass on gardening leave after we lose the next three, but before the Man City final, so that he can't take credit if we win it.

Yes but that backing was far too late. The squad needed a refresh, Lo Celso and Ndombele should have come in the season before they did. We paid for not signing anyone of note for 18 whole months.

Most fans were more than happy for the last window, we need Full backs, DM, Striker and we even got Bale on top. Only thing we didn’t get was a top CB and got a young Rodon instead. That’s more backing than I have seen a manager get at this club.
If our best recruitment is signing bargain bin players with the occassional hit or miss money splash and taking rejects on loan, and, one then looks at the recruitment of City, Liverpool, Cheslea and United, it obvious that we would struggle to assemble a squad that competes regularly for titles.

We should not just look at the quantity of the players signed but at their quality level. Excluding Ndombele, GLC, and Reguilon, I doubt any of the others gathered any significant interest from any of the top clubs. I dont even remeber us being linked to any of the top prospects that may be available this summer.

Back
Top Bottom