Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was about to post this.
Great article and it shows why more of the blame should lay towards Mourinho.

The issue for me is the attitude he gives off. WHile he may not implicitly say sit back invite pressure etc.. he designs the team to do that. No attacking play in training and always focusing on nullifying the opposition rather than playing to your own strengths.
Fucking hell mate!!! Now go check what you've argued with me on in the Sanchez thread or about how shit any of our defenders are!!! If you support what is written in this article then you need to address your take on calling out individual players in our defence.

Last edited:
People never seem to add it was only 12 games into the season and we were 3 points off 5th, not exactly doing much better 18 months later with the winner Jose are we
Also the 12 games before we had 11 points . We all loved poch at the time, but now that he is gone theres no need to deny that we were going downhill really quickly at the end.

What foundation?
He left a shitshow
Poch had his heart broken at the Metropolitano, but he was running out of gas before that. The team was at the end of a cycle. But still he had a legacy: hard work, sacrifice for the team, possession, pressing, resilience. He showed we could compete with the best, even if we didn't quite get over the line.

Poch should have been our Wenger or Ferguson. He had shown signs of that kind of transformative effect on a football club, but unfortunately the trophies and investment that would have taken us to the next step eluded us. That's mainly on Levy but maybe Poch was guilty of having too much faith in certain players.

I think the Poch legacy lives on, but am worried Mourinho is eroding some of the values. We are starting to see more splits in the squad, more unhappy players. The trends are all in the wrong direction.

Fucking hell mate!!! Now go check what you've argued with me on in the Sanchez thread or about how shit any of our defenders are!!! If you support what is written in this article then you need to address your take on calling out individual players in our defence.
I think I'm a flip flop tbh. i change my mind very easily about things. I'll check later.

Also the 12 games before we had 11 points . We all loved poch at the time, but now that he is gone theres no need to deny that we were going downhill really quickly at the end.
He was rightly sacked, as should the guy we brought in to improve on his results and in 18 months with an improved squad were no better off.

We were 3 points from Top 5, having already played Man City, Woolwich, Leicester and Liverpool all away from home (4 of the 6 hardest fixtures of the season) in the first 12 matches.

It wasn't great, Poch had checked out, but to say he inherited a shitstorm is an absolute joke.

We had also just beaten Red Star 4-0 and 5-0 in Champions League, you know a competition we are no longer in, and a team at the level of the one that has just given us the most embarrassing result in our 139 year history
The last 9 months under Poch excluding the Champions league run were far worse than this season.
We are stuck with the shit he signed for us or we will have to sell at a massive loss.
Aurier-shit.
Sanchez- shit.
Sissoko-shit.
Ndombele-shit.
Moura-shit.
Sess-shit.
Gazzaniga-shit.
Foyth-shit.
But yes everything is down to Jose.
Most embarrassing result in our history? I take it you did not attend the Gent or Colchester games

The last 9 months under Poch excluding the Champions league run were far worse than this season.
We are stuck with the shit he signed for us or we will have to sell at a massive loss.
Aurier-shit.
Sanchez- shit.
Sissoko-shit.
Ndombele-shit.
Moura-shit.
Sess-shit.
Gazzaniga-shit.
Foyth-shit.
Most embarrassing result in our history? I take it you did not attend the Gent or Colchester games

Alternatively
Aurier - perennial Ligue1 winner, part of team that reached Top 4 and Champions League final with Tottenham. Regular scapegoat. Mourinho chose to sell Walker-Peters instead of Aurier and bring in Doherty.
Sanchez - Looked decent in first couple of seasons, Part of successive Top4 squads - Gone backwards this and last year under a manager that puts defence under unnecessary pressure.
Sissoko - Arguably our best player in season Spurs finished Top 4 and got to Champions League final - Gone backwards under Mourinho
Ndombele - Don't agree he is shit
Moura - Champions League Semi Final hat-trick scorer, part of Top 4 squads, certainly not shit. More than paid for himself in that game alone.
Sessegnon - Out on loan, still possibly, one for the future
Gazzaniga - Cheap back-up that is out on loan
Foyth - Cheap back-up that was given new contract under Mourinho and is out on loan

And yes I was at both games against Gent and in the stands at Colchester, and going back further Grimsby and Port Vale. I was there when we lost by 7 at Liverpool.
I was also at Dortmund ,Man City and Ajax by the way in the period we were apparently by revisionists a shitshow.

Zagreb by a massive distance more embarrassing than any of those matches.

Last edited:
Aurier-shit.
Sanchez- shit.
Sissoko-shit.
Ndombele-shit.
Moura-shit.
Sess-shit.
Gazzaniga-shit.
Foyth-shit.
Up until the loss at Burnley (2-1) where Poch had a go at Dean, we were 5 points behind Liverpool and 2 behind Man City (20 wins, 6 losses). After that our form nosedived.

So going from that...
12 remaining games of 18/19 season - puts us on 16th place with 12 points.
Next season, Poch lasted 12 games, left us on 14th with 14 points.

So in Poch’s worst run, 24 games in total, we’ve got 26 points. That’s about 1.08 points per game, which is not far from Mourinho’s worst run at Spurs, 1.15 points.

Last edited:
Alternatively
Aurier - perennial Ligue1 winner, part of team that reached Top 4 and Champions League final with Tottenham. Regular scapegoat
Sanchez - Looked decent in first couple of seasons, Part of successive Top4 squads - Gone backwards this and last year under a manager that puts defence under unnecessary pressure.
Sissoko - Arguably our best player in season Spurs finished Top 4 and got to Champions League final - Gone backwards under Mourinho
Ndombele - Don't agree he is shit
Moura - Champions League Semi Final hat-trick scorer, part of Top 4 squads, certainly not shit. More than paid for himself in that game alone.
Sessegnon - Out on loan, still possibly, one for the future
Gazzaniga - Cheap back-up that is out on loan
Foyth - Cheap back-up that is out on loan

And yes I was at both games against Gent and in the stands at Colchester, and going back further Grimsby and Port Vale. I was there when we lost by 7 at Liverpool.
I was also at Dortmund ,Man City and Ajax by the way in the period we were apparently by revisionists a shitshow.

Zagreb by a massive distance more embarrassing than any of those matches.
Is it any wonder we never win anything when you think the players mentioned are good enough.
The first 2-3 years under Poch we were very good and none of the players mentioned would have got anywhere near the first 11.
We have gone from Walker to Trippier and now Aurier a massive decline.
Prime Toby to Sanchez.
Dembele to Ndombele.
We had been declining for the last 12 months under Poch and the Champions league final papered over massive cracks.
Whoever the manager is next season will fail if the players I mentioned are part of the fist 11

Last edited:
Up until the loss at Burnley (2-1) where Poch had a go at Dean, we were 5 points behind Liverpool and 2 behind Man City (20 wins, 6 losses). After that our form nosedived.

So going from that...

So in Poch’s worst run, 24 games in total, we’ve got 26 points. That’s about 1.08 points per game, which is not far from Mourinho’s worst run at Spurs, 1.15 points.
"Mourinho being slightly better than Poch's worst stretch of matches that got him fired and ignore the other 5 years" is not a great argument but it seems to be brought up every week now.

Is it any wonder we never win anything when you think the players mentioned are good enough.
The first 2-3 years under Poch we were very good and none of the players mentioned would have got anywhere near the first 11.
We have gone from Walker to Trippier and now Aurier a massive decline.
Prime Toby to Sanchez.
Dembele to Ndombele.
We have been declining for the last 2 years and the Champions league final papered over massive cracks.
Whoever the manager is next season will fail if the players I mentioned are part of the fist 11

I don't disagree we have been declining under the last 2 years.
But of the 8 players you listed only 2 have been bought in the last 2 seasons, one is plying his trade in Germany, one I disagree as being bad. The rest were part of Top 4 winning squads.
The reason I believe we are going backwards is because we have a manager that has ostracized many of our players, created an awful atmosphere within the squad, is playing tactics that accenuates our weaknesses and under utilises our strengths.
The real shit show has been that our current manager is performing probably the worst with the resources he has, since Terry Neill.
Now I am not saying some of the players don't need to go, a couple will have regressed through age anyway, and you need to always refresh the dressing room even in good times. however I do believe that none can be judged fairly based on the disastrous 16 months that has been Jose.
The ideal solution is he goes in the very near future, and the leash can be taken off for remainder of the season, in a system that suits us, ostracized players can be reintegrated, so we can see which players that are being written off still may have something to offer.

We are at the stage where almost the whole squad is being written off, exactly the same at then end of the AVB/Sherwood season. Walker, Vertonghen, Rose, Dembele, Eriksen etc. were all in the shit and sell bracket then.
I am certain that a lot of the "shit" players will all of a sudden look decent again when, not if, Mourinho goes, and we play to our teams strengths, rather than to its managers outdated tactics.

Last edited:

So going from that...

So we are saying the players got stale and started underperforming for Jose in about 1/3 of the time

Aurier-shit.
Sanchez- shit.
Sissoko-shit.
Ndombele-shit.
Moura-shit.
Sess-shit.
Gazzaniga-shit.
Foyth-shit.
Yes, other than the most globally significant accomplishment for the club in about 60 years, those 9 months were shit.

Id use the same logic for Jose, but there are no accomplishments.

Aurier-shit.
Sanchez- shit.
Sissoko-shit.
Ndombele-shit.
Moura-shit.
Sess-shit.
Gazzaniga-shit.
Foyth-shit.
How about Brighton away?
0-3 and we got away with murder!

Back
Top Bottom