Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brilliant game to watch for the neutral. PSG survived the onslaught somehow, and were clinical. Bayern must be tearing their hair out, a couple of the goals conceded you'd say were avoidable and they had what seemed an incredible amount of ball/openings right in front of the PSG goal.

Should be a cracking second leg too. Bayern have to go for it and will think they can turn it around PSG have the scary threat on the counter. Bring it on.
Bayern will show up in Paris guns blazing. They have to.

Or he could have simply made some personnel changes with the players he already has on the pitch without the need to make two subs!

There are loads of ways to cut this without knowing the facts but to make two subs so early in the game means he got it wrong. Great that he doesn't have the ego not to delay the change.

I'm not too sure what he did tactically by making the change, they appeared to be playing the same way, still creating quality chances before and after the change, so I'd question the wisdom or reason here (unless it was for injury).
Very simple way of thinking about it Guids ie "he got it wrong". The circumstances of the game changed within 3 minutes. Beyond that every, and I mean every, lineup and tactical plan is a best guess at how a game will go. To quote the great philosopher Michael G. Tyson "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth". This ain't subbuteo or fucking FIFA. The game is dynamic and you don't really have a clue of what's to come until it comes. But you are welcomed to parrot the Jamie Redknapp level of reasoning if you'd like.

And to put your thesis to the test let's pick out a game where you tell me when the coach has gotten it wrong (and what he's gotten wrong) ahead of time and we'll watch to see it play out. Deal? See, because I value prospective viewpoints not this this poor hindsighty BS. Especially when it lacks nuance.

Very simple way of thinking about it Guids ie "he got it wrong". The circumstances of the game changed within 3 minutes. Beyond that every, and I mean every, lineup and tactical plan is a best guess at how a game will go. To quote the great philosopher Michael G. Tyson "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth". This ain't subbuteo or fucking FIFA. The game is dynamic and you don't really have a clue of what's to come until it comes. But you are welcomed to parrot the Jamie Redknapp level of reasoning if you'd like.

And to put your thesis to the test let's pick out a game where you tell me when the coach has gotten it wrong (and what he's gotten wrong) ahead of time and we'll watch to see it play out. Deal? See, because I value prospective viewpoints not this this poor hindsighty BS. Especially when it lacks nuance.
So what did he get right?

Just watched the Porto-Chelsea highlights. A tale of 2 GKs. Mendy a couple of great saves but the Porto guy should have saved the 1st and his positioning was suspicious for the spill and he had no need to leave his line for Chilwell's goal.
Porto might be worth a punt based on what I saw unless Marchesin has seen a brown envelope.

Back
Top Bottom