Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any chance we can put the rest of the Spurs matches this season in here....? as Jose has helped make me feel so disconnected and detached from the club I thought I love right now, it's like watching someone else's team!

I don't recognise my own club any more!

I know you love some crazy off the wall theories but you can't really be trying to claim that West Ham have better players than us.
I could never convince a man of anything that is diametrically opposed to that which they desire. Especially when that desire is not based in reason.

And my 'theories' are not 'off the wall'. It just takes folks some time to catch up and make them 'theirs'. In the end, after they take ownership of the idea, it becomes clear I was right all along. Thinktank has crazy ideas. Mine are sound and with ample evidence and reason to support them.

But since things are going so swimmingly for us I say we keep all our great, world class players that are definitely better than everyone else's players and forge ahead. Let's keep Mou too! The pain will bring lessons that last longer.

I could never convince a man of anything that is diametrically opposed to that which they desire. Especially when that desire is not based in reason.

And my 'theories' are not 'off the wall'. It just takes folks some time to catch up and make them 'theirs'. In the end, after they take ownership of the idea, it becomes clear I was right all along. Thinktank has crazy ideas. Mine are sound and with ample evidence and reason to support them.

But since things are going so swimmingly for us I say we keep all our great, world class players that are definitely better than everyone else's players and forge ahead. Let's keep Mou too! The pain will bring lessons that last longer.

I think they is some space between world class players and the crap that WH has.

The players need improving but they are light years better than the crap WH has.

Not a chance we can compete with a team with such a strong defense like that.
They got 3 points because their 'shitty' attack scored 3 goals against a top 4 team. How many did our 'world class attack' score against a top 4 team? And how many points did we come home with?

They got 3 points because their 'shitty' attack scored 3 goals against a top 4 team. How many did our 'world class attack' score against a top 4 team? And how many points did we come home with?

Our world class attack means nothing when it is run by a world class moron.

Our world class attack means nothing when it is run by a world class moron.
Then how 'world class' are they if they can't shine in spite of who is coaching them? If they were world class and so great you would still be able to appreciate their qualities no matter who is at the helm. It's not all Jose's fault...and I never wanted Jose. I've been screaming it's the players for seasons now but few had time for that. But now it is Jose and the players...and that points to one man. Long may it continue.

I think they is some space between world class players and the crap that WH has.

The players need improving but they are light years better than the crap WH has.
There is a vast space between "WC" and "crap"...and all of our players inhabit that space...as do all of WH's. The only difference is ours are ours and theirs are theirs.

Then how 'world class' are they if they can't shine in spite of who is coaching them? If they were world class and so great you would still be able to appreciate their qualities no matter who is at the helm. It's not all Jose's fault...and I never wanted Jose. I've been screaming it's the players for seasons now but few had time for that. But now it is Jose and the players...and that points to one man. Long may it continue.

There is a vast space between "WC" and "crap"...and all of our players inhabit that space...as do all of WH's. The only difference is ours are ours and theirs are theirs.

World class is your word not mine.

Kane is world class, Son is close. And they did shine despite Jose at the start of the season when they set records for scoring. But they can only do so much especially when forced with being overplayed.

There are maybe 4 guys that I would take off WH to make our squad, and none of them to start in our 11. I know I am known around here as a Spurs and for overrating our players but there is no way anyone can try to pretend that WH's player are remotely close to ours, even if they are just doing it as a bit.

World class is your word not mine.
No, I put it in scare quotes. Not my word. It's what passes for critique on this board when folks can't identify actual footballing qualities to talk about.

Kane is world class, Son is close.
Agree to disagree...but assuming they are then folks will be all over them this summer right? It will make Haaland and MBappe chases look like keystone cops then? And I repeat, a dependent player is never 'WC'. Simple.

There are maybe 4 guys that I would take off WH to make our squad, and none of them to start in our 11. I know I am known around here as a Spurs and for overrating our players but there is no way anyone can try to pretend that WH's player are remotely close to ours, even if they are just doing it as a bit.
Not doing anything as a bit. Nor have I actually made the claim. But i will claim that WH players, like all players, are just a grouping of footbaling qualities. Some players have more qualities, some less. Some of those qualities are more threatening and some less so. At WH those players are put into positions to utilize those qualities to their fullest extent. Our, not-WC but commonly remarked as such, players are not.

Agree to disagree...but assuming they are then folks will be all over them this summer right? It will make Haaland and MBappe chases look like keystone cops then? And I repeat, a dependent player is never 'WC'. Simple.

Yes I think there will be a lot of interest in him, with the understanding that there are likely 5-6 clubs at most that could even afford Kane so a lot is a relative term in this case. I don't know that it has to make Haaland or Mbappe chases look like key stone cops though. All 3 could go for varying amounts and still be considered world class players.

I agree that a dependent player is never world class but not sure what that has to do with Kane.

Yes I think there will be a lot of interest in him
Think? So, like RM, Bayern, PSG, et al will all be like "Well, we gotta replace Lewa-Mbooper-Benz...so who do we like?" And they will then be going after all three with the same zeal?

All 3 could go for varying amounts and still be considered world class players.
What is your definition of WC?

I agree that a dependent player is never world class but not sure what that has to do with Kane.
My answer would be "the obvious" but clearly you don't see it that way. So I ask then...what did he do to get us the points today...or against NUFC...or Dinamo where he had chances? Don't worry though as I have resigned myself to the fact that we will not be forward thinking enough to do what is best for our club. Hell, we are the club whose supporters were so clueless and entitled to cheer the firing of the guy that elevated the club in world football's eyes and warmly welcomed the toxic blue, Mou! Long may it continue.
giphy.gif

Think? So, like RM, Bayern, PSG, et al will all be like "Well, we gotta replace Lewa-Mbooper-Benz...so who do we like?" And they will then be going after all three with the same zeal?

What is your definition of WC?

My answer would be "the obvious" but clearly you don't see it that way. So I ask then...what did he do to get us the points today...or against NUFC...or Dinamo where he had chances? Don't worry though as I have resigned myself to the fact that we will not be forward thinking enough to do what is best for our club. Hell, we are the club whose supporters were so clueless and entitled to cheer the firing of the guy that elevated the club in world football's eyes and warmly welcomed the toxic blue, Mou! Long may it continue.
giphy.gif

Today for example he made the key pass to create the goal. Against Newcastle

If you require players to win every game single handily and not lose I am not sure anyone will meet your standards.

I am sure that the two guys who a much younger will have a higher price associated with them but that doesn't have anything to do with who is or isn't world class right now. If it was for next season only Kane should be ahead of Haaland for sure, probably behind Mbappe, which isn't too bad considering he is likely a top 3 player in the world.

For me world class means you could start for any club in the world, as well as any international team as well. Doesn't have to be so strict in the sense that you can have multiple world class keepers so saying Bayern already has Neuuer so Oblak or Alisson wouldn't start for them.

There isn't a club in the world that would say no thanks Kane you aren't at our level. He could walk into any team in the world and they would take and start him with open arms.

He is a massive upgrade on Benzema but I know Benzema is the delight of the anti-striker world so that will be met with resistance, There is nothing Benzema does better than Kane. I think Bayern would keep Lewa because why mess with a good thing. I think PSG would be very interested in Kane. I think City and Juve would as well. I think Woodward is too cheap, but United if they were in their old ways where they were a top club would bend over backwards for him. Roman would buy him in a heartbeat if not for the Spurs connections. Not sure about barca as they seem to have their own way of doing things, but he is obviously a massive upgrade on anything they have.

Today for example he made the key pass to create the goal.
Hold it, so you are saying an attacker contributed to a successful goal scoring opportunity in a 3-1 loss? Excellent! We should give him a new contract til he's 50.

Against Newcastle
...on tenterhooks over here!

If you require players to win every game single handily and not lose I am not sure anyone will meet your standards.
No, but I expect them to be front and fucking center controlling/influencing the game to our benefit and not missing fucking sitters at the end of said games when they would actually have that effect. Yes, I actually do have standards for rating players highly or beyond the rabble.

If it was for next season only Kane should be ahead of Haaland for sure,
Only a fool would take Kane ahead of Haaland. If you cannot appreciate the threat that that kid has then I can't elucidate it. There is threat there which Harry does not carry. Surely yo must see this. Is he as well rounded a player? No. would I take him 9 times out of 10 in my team? Yes. And every other team in the world would too. But as I stated earlier I cannot convince you otherwise because you defense of Harry and our players is not based in the cold light of objectivity.

For me world class means you could start for any club in the world, as well as any international team as well.
Instead, would it be fair to say that if you were starting a team de novo then WC would be the starters then? If that is so then it would depend on the person as to where they'd put Lewa, Benz, Haaland, MBappe, and Harry...amongst others. My list would go a while before I got to Harry.

There isn't a club in the world that would say no thanks Kane you aren't at our level. He could walk into any team in the world and they would take and start him with open arms.
Hope that thought keeps you warm at night while y'all are still shoveling out.

He is a massive upgrade on Benzema but I know Benzema is the delight of the anti-striker world so that will be met with resistance,
Benz's ears are burning. And once he gets all his rings off he will attend to that matter.
Roman would buy him in a heartbeat if not for the Spurs connections.
Or if they weren't already balls-deep trying to get their preferred option in Haaland.
I think PSG would be very interested in Kane. I think City and Juve would as well. I think Woodward is too cheap, but United if they were in their old ways where they were a top club would bend over backwards for him. Roman would buy him in a heartbeat if not for the Spurs connections. Not sure about barca as they seem to have their own way of doing things, but he is obviously a massive upgrade on anything they have.
you mean 'nothing'? He's an upgrade for all those teams that have nothing at CF? World class indeed!

Hold it, so you are saying an attacker contributed to a successful goal scoring opportunity in a 3-1 loss? Excellent! We should give him a new contract til he's 50.

...on tenterhooks over here!

No, but I expect them to be front and fucking center controlling/influencing the game to our benefit and not missing fucking sitters at the end of said games when they would actually have that effect. Yes, I actually do have standards for rating players highly or beyond the rabble.

Only a fool would take Kane ahead of Haaland. If you cannot appreciate the threat that that kid has then I can't elucidate it. There is threat there which Harry does not carry. Surely yo must see this. Is he as well rounded a player? No. would I take him 9 times out of 10 in my team? Yes. And every other team in the world would too. But as I stated earlier I cannot convince you otherwise because you defense of Harry and our players is not based in the cold light of objectivity.

Instead, would it be fair to say that if you were starting a team de novo then WC would be the starters then? If that is so then it would depend on the person as to where they'd put Lewa, Benz, Haaland, MBappe, and Harry...amongst others. My list would go a while before I got to Harry.

Hope that thought keeps you warm at night while y'all are still shoveling out.

Benz's ears are burning. And once he gets all his rings off he will attend to that matter.

Or if they weren't already balls-deep trying to get their preferred option in Haaland.

you mean 'nothing'? He's an upgrade for all those teams that have nothing at CF? World class indeed!

Sorry forgot to add to the Newcastle because I kind of put that game out of my mind. But he scored and was one of the better players we had. Replace him with other "world class" players and the result is the same or worse for us.

He is front and center for us controlling games, he can only do so much just like anyone can. Unlikely you replace him with another player and they do any better.

And my saying I would take Kane over Haaland doesn't mean I don't appreciate him. This is the problem with these conversations is that if you praise one guy people take that to mean you are crapping on the other. I prefer Kane over Haaland right now, not by a massive margin, and I would be happy with either. If you want Haaland go ahead I won't argue that.

Its is great that Benzema has rings that others carried him to. Plenty of guys have rings that they had little to do with getting. Swap Kane and Benzema and Kane would have more rings than Benzema and Benzema would be stuck with the zero Kane has.

Back
Top Bottom