Joe Hart

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It always annoys me when people say "Oh that's class that!" in response to a footballer's social media stuff. It's been obvious all along that these accounts are run by PR teams. For a start, their managers are not going to let them run their own accounts because these are young idiots who will end up posting their questionable political opinions or dickpics at 3 in the morning!

People are moaning about José being toxic, but looking at the state of this forum many fans are just the same. How can anyone possibly be critising Hart right now? He's done what he was signed to do and didn't even play in any of our most important games.
Criticising the idiotic post

Criticising the idiotic post

Some people are criticising the post, some are attacking Hart for other reasons. He (like many other well known people) doesn't run his own social media so it's not his fault this happened. He appears to have apologised though.

I've only just found out about the social media post anyway because I don't use other social media platforms and the person who posted it here is on my ignore list.

Some people are criticising the post, some are attacking Hart for other reasons. He (like many other well known people) doesn't run his own social media so it's not his fault this happened. He appears to have apologised though.

I've only just found out about the social media post anyway because I don't use other social media platforms and the person who posted it here is on my ignore list.
It makes me laugh that he apologised for something someone else said. I just don’t see the point of having social media accounts run by someone else and then apologising if they say something stupid in your name.

Maybe I just don't understand social media but is there really value in a guy like Joe Hart paying someone, I assume he is paying someone, to run his twitter account?

What benefit does he get even if they don't mess up like this?

Maybe I just don't understand social media but is there really value in a guy like Joe Hart paying someone, I assume he is paying someone, to run his twitter account?

What benefit does he get even if they don't mess up like this?

it’s all brand marketing. You can monetize your followers and also make yourself more marketable as a pundit post-career with a cultivated social media following.

it’s all brand marketing. You can monetize your followers and also make yourself more marketable as a pundit post-career with a cultivated social media following.

I guess I just can't see why anyone would want to follow Joe Hart or listen to him as an analyst either.

Where you have no input or realtime control and you risk someone saying something stupid, racist or sexist. Even if it’s an error that could destroy you. It’s all fake bollocks.

I guess I just can't see why anyone would want to follow Joe Hart or listen to him as an analyst either.

the amount of people who are getting paid handsomely that I could say that exact thing about.....

People around the game all seem to like joe hart (as a person, not necessarily player). That in itself is probably enough to get a post-career gig somewhere.

I mean Tim Howard is not great in the studio, but everyone likes him, so he has a job.

Where you have no input or realtime control and you risk someone saying something stupid, racist or sexist. Even if it’s an error that could destroy you. It’s all fake bollocks.
Because you’re Joe Hart and you’re too old to be bothered with it yourself but not good enough to hire someone capable?

Brands pay big money for people to run their digital presence. This is just a step down from that but the same idea.

He can't be any worse than Jamie Redknapp or Souness. Rob Green was surprisingly interesting recently, so who knows be could be half decent.

It makes me laugh that he apologised for something someone else said. I just don’t see the point of having social media accounts run by someone else and then apologising if they say something stupid in your name.
The PR people who made the mistake are the same PR people who apologised for the mistake. Funny old world.

I think it's time to start giving Joe Hart a run in the team. Lloris was at fault for 2 of United's goals. He stood still on 1 of Newcastle's goals when it went right next to him, and he is costing Tottenham too many goals. Him and Sanchez have been the main cause of Spurs' poor clean sheet record.

Joe Hart is a leader in goal. He helps to organize the defense and in these crowdless games you can hear Joe Hart's voice booming across the pitch.

He is super-fit as shown in articles at the start of the season and was one of the best goalies in the PL and was England number 1 for many years. I would start picking him first choice and see how he goes before the Cup Final.

Back
Top Bottom