Dulux spurs "jokes"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking hell, this is overly dramatic. Just how do you think we are laughing stocks of the Premier League? Are we on course to beat Derby County's all time record low points total? Or are we looking like spending a second year in Upper mid table? It's a come down from previous years ok, but hardly a catastrophe.

As for our meagre trophy return, I reckon there are maybe 5 clubs that have any business mocking us for that, the other 14 are just as bad if not worse. So again, laughing stock is melodramatic.

This really is a case of wetting the bed over First World problems, 99% of the football clubs in the UK would love to be in our current dire straits, a couple of cheap jokes from the Dulux hound doesn't alter that.
Banter is all part of the footballing fans entertainment the world over.
Outside the 90mins each week of actual football, banter is literally the rest of the weeks entertainment....We provide more ammunition for other clubs to banter us than they offer back to us every single year for the past 20 odd years.....

MAte that's proper over sensitive. We've been one of the best teams in Europe for about 4yrs. That turbocharged when we sold out Wembley and them moved into the best Football stadium in the world.

It's only this Mourinho dinocunt that's changed that dynamic.
Until we get over the line we will continue to be mocked. That's why I was so desperate for the CL - never again could anyone talk shit if we brought that pot home.

Alas, we didn't. So until we win a major honour this will be a stick to beat us with and rightly so.

We should definitely have won at least an FA Cup over the last 5/6 years with the teams we had.

Until we get over the line we will continue to be mocked. That's why I was so desperate for the CL - never again could anyone talk shit if we brought that pot home.

Alas, we didn't. So until we win a major honour this will be a stick to beat us with and rightly so.

We should definitely have won at least an FA Cup over the last 5/6 years with the teams we had.

Couldn’t agree more mate. All spurs fans ever talk about when they try and defend us is “but we had such a great team in Europe”, yep a great team that won fuck all. A team that failed at the last hurdle every single season. Until we start bagging trophies away , fans and other people will continue to rip into us and rightly so. For a club of our size and structure, our trophy record is absolutely abysmal. 1 league cup in over 20 years is piss poor when you consider A) the size of the club and B) the players we have had down the years. How has this club done nothing ? We just always seem to be the ones people laugh at. We never get a break as a club. It’s not being over dramatic, it’s the bloody truth

Proper insecurity stuff!

I've never been so proud to be a Spurs fan than under Poch. Walked tall, with a proper swagger and spring in my step.

still haven’t won anything mate. For all that huff and puff, that amazing Lucas Moura moment, at the end of the day, what have we got to show for it? Rival fans still rip the piss out of us because we won jack shit. If we had won the CL, then completely different story. Spurs are immune to winning trophies and that will 100% continue after the league cup final
I could not give two fucks what rival supporters say about us!

If we won the league straight for the next 15yrs we would still not be the most successful team in England and would experience exactly the same taunts as today.

Teams in England and Europe shat themselves when they were going to play us, that's because we were good. A league cup win does nothing to change the taunts.

You are going to be unhappy and upset for the next 20yrs, even if we become the dominant force in world football, let that sink in. The reality is of course this state you are in now, you will be in for the rest of your life!!!!

Mate, learn to enjoy watching your team play well and fuck everyone else.

Speaking of FA cups, Woolwich won 3 out of 4 a few years back and yet we still mock them.....Jesus if we can’t be mocked then no club can be mocked to be honest......

Fans mock us, pundits mock us and even the press mock us, and we have some fans who think we don’t deserve it🤷‍♂️ One league cup since 2000, 2 league cups since 1992.....we couldn’t be anymore ripe for ridicule....

I think most of us had a spring in our step.

Still tripped over on the doorstep to glory.
giphy.gif

When your good, you go again.

I could not give two fucks what rival supporters say about us!

If we won the league straight for the next 15yrs we would still not be the most successful team in England and would experience exactly the same taunts as today.

Teams in England and Europe shat themselves when they were going to play us, that's because we were good. A league cup win does nothing to change the taunts.

You are going to be unhappy and upset for the next 20yrs, even if we become the dominant force in world football, let that sink in. The reality is of course this state you are in now, you will be in for the rest of your life!!!!

Mate, learn to enjoy watching your team play well and fuck everyone else.

See, that’s the difference. You enjoy watching Spurs be nearly men all the time. I really don’t enjoy having all that excitement in a champions league semi final, only to be beaten by a piss poor Liverpool team in the final. They were just as average as us in that final and were there for the taking. Just feels like another opportunity gone for Spurs. We will never ever get that opportunity again to win the CL. Yes, I agree apart from playing good football during our Pochettino years, I would say at the end of the day it was disappointing as we have nothing to show for it. We played good football. Wowwwww!!!! How about we achieve something for once mate ? Have that mentality and maybe we might one day

See, that’s the difference. You enjoy watching Spurs be nearly men all the time. I really don’t enjoy having all that excitement in a champions league semi final, only to be beaten by a piss poor Liverpool team in the final. They were just as average as us in that final and were there for the taking. Just feels like another opportunity gone for Spurs. We will never ever get that opportunity again to win the CL. Yes, I agree apart from playing good football during our Pochettino years, I would say at the end of the day it was disappointing as we have nothing to show for it. We played good football. Wowwwww!!!! How about we achieve something for once mate ? Have that mentality and maybe we might one day
That's the first time I've heard that Liverpool team described as "piss poor", fuck me! They were only beaten once all season and that was to the team that pipped them to the Title by one point, with a points hall never done before (3pts for win, 38 game league).

It was a poor quality final that BOTH teams contributed to, maybe that was more down to it being a fucking furness at the stadium (pitchside it was 90 degrees) and played a full month after the season finished?! But of the two poor teams I thought we were marginally less poor than them, their keeper was the MOTM! So to say they were there for the taking when both teams experienced the same issues it bizarre. Add into the mix that we weren't playing that well that season, we finished TWENTYSIX points behind them, having lost 13 games, kind of made us massive underdogs.

Or how about we play a relegated Aston Villa or Hull in a cup final rather than play the 2nd best team in the world who then went on to be the best team in the World.

I would have back those seasons again in a heartbeat over the shit we have now and the previous couple of decades.

The thing is, Spurs are always talked about, even if it's piss taking half the time. Which is why we can get these sponsorships, which can hopefully bring in the cash to help us get a better team, retain our better players etc.

Who talks about Everton or Wolves or whoever? The fact that we have remained relevant without winning any trophies is a bit of a miracle. The Champions League final, Harry Kane superstar and England captain, Mourinho, the Amazon Doc, Son in Korea, Bale etc. It all adds up to more and more revenue and that's what we need, until some evil cunt billionaire from Russia or the Middle East decides to make us his play-thing.

This whole thing was planned. Great publicity for both parties. No one who is half-interested in football hasn't heard the 'empty cabinet' gag and it's a free giveaway for scratching both backs. I'm just a bit disappointed that the BBC lap this shit up, but they've been going down the pan for a while.

Back
Top Bottom