Dulux spurs "jokes"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's the first time I've heard that Liverpool team described as "piss poor", fuck me! They were only beaten once all season and that was to the team that pipped them to the Title by one point, with a points hall never done before (3pts for win, 38 game league).

It was a poor quality final that BOTH teams contributed to, maybe that was more down to it being a fucking furness at the stadium (pitchside it was 90 degrees) and played a full month after the season finished?! But of the two poor teams I thought we were marginally less poor than them, their keeper was the MOTM! So to say they were there for the taking when both teams experienced the same issues it bizarre. Add into the mix that we weren't playing that well that season, we finished TWENTYSIX points behind them, having lost 13 games, kind of made us massive underdogs.

Or how about we play a relegated Aston Villa or Hull in a cup final rather than play the 2nd best team in the world who then went on to be the best team in the World.

I would have back those seasons again in a heartbeat over the shit we have now and the previous couple of decades.

like I say, proper big clubs win trophies. Nearly men get all giddy and excited over a couple of cup semi finals and finals we lost. Do you honestly think Chelsea boasted and got all excited when they lost the CL final to United? Nope, they dusted themselves off, invested and a few years later, they were European champions. That, my friend are clubs that achieve stuff and don’t celebrate underachievement. At the end of the day, even Pochettino has regrets with his Spurs tenure because he openly stated he wishes we would of won trophies. He comments on how he didn’t finish the job. Harry Redknapp’s Spurs were just as exciting. Once again though, we achieved nothing. Pointless playing all that lovely football and being “proud” when we have nothing to show for it. On my Liverpool are “poor” comment. You can clearly see I meant in the final. They were bang average in that final and Spurs never took advantage. We fluffed our lines once again. Liverpool, a club that actually win trophies got the job done. That’s the difference mate.

If Levy had a pair he would have told them to fuck off immediately - you can’t just suck cock for cash if the price is right - we will always be cucks and mental midgets

like I say, proper big clubs win trophies. Nearly men get all giddy and excited over a couple of cup semi finals and finals we lost. Do you honestly think Chelsea boasted and got all excited when they lost the CL final to United? Nope, they dusted themselves off, invested and a few years later, they were European champions. That, my friend are clubs that achieve stuff and don’t celebrate underachievement. At the end of the day, even Pochettino has regrets with his Spurs tenure because he openly stated he wishes we would of won trophies. He comments on how he didn’t finish the job. Harry Redknapp’s Spurs were just as exciting. Once again though, we achieved nothing. Pointless playing all that lovely football and being “proud” when we have nothing to show for it. On my Liverpool are “poor” comment. You can clearly see I meant in the final. They were bang average in that final and Spurs never took advantage. We fluffed our lines once again. Liverpool, a club that actually win trophies got the job done. That’s the difference mate.
We are not a "proper big team" we have NEVER been one!!! WE flirted at being one for about 2yrs under Bill Nic. We've won TWO league titles in our entire history.

This I'll have to end as it's been done on here a million times. If you think wanking off to Chelsea's unprecedented spending is how it's done then you are again waiting for a lottery ticket that will not come. That's more tears and sorrow and a world of misery that you are wallowing in, poor chap, I genuinely pity you, but please don't try and bring me down into your dungeon of doom with you, you stay there, as I said you are set to be in there your entire life.

It's not pointless being proud of your team. It's pointless wanking over other football clubs lottery wins and lusting after them, wishing your team was theirs, being affected by their fans.

Let's end this mate. This convo is going nowhere, we are poles apart and serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever. Your glass is empty, while mines half full.

Last edited:
Banter is all part of the footballing fans entertainment the world over.
Outside the 90mins each week of actual football, banter is literally the rest of the weeks entertainment....We provide more ammunition for other clubs to banter us than they offer back to us every single year for the past 20 odd years.....
Doesn't that prove my point? Banter is so commonplace in football that a couple of tweets from an intern running the Dulux twitter is hardly the end of the world is it?

Who really gives a feck about our "new paint sponsor" it was a massive non-event. Dulux have turned that pretty meaningless bit of advertising spend into a click-bait media frenzy ... well played Dulux.
I doubt it were well played as they are too big for negative shock exposure. Taking the piss out of a new partner isn't a good way of doing business. The banter wums online will move on from this to the next joke but I dare say the Spurs fans pissed off by this won't forget in a hurry.

I'd put money on the moron responsible always watches SSN punditry and supports a team that wears red. I hope they don't lose their job over this though as they don't seem very employable.

The sales or marketing team who no doubt spent late nights for months and months to get this over the line are probably livid. Epic bantz.

Doesn't that prove my point? Banter is so commonplace in football that a couple of tweets from an intern running the Dulux twitter is hardly the end of the world is it?
I only take banter from other Spurs fans.
Btw that dog less likely to shit all over the pitch than our team of professionals.

We are not a "proper big team" we have NEVER been one!!! WE flirted at being one for about 2yrs under Bill Nic.
This is just not true mate. It really isn't.

First club to achieve the double post ww2

First English club to win a major European trophy

4th most decorated club in England pre 2000 (ENIC)

Highest ever recorded home attendance in England

Best supported club in the country throughout the 1950s

First club to break the 100k transfer barrier

Only club, other than Utd, to win a major trophy every decade since the 40's
(Up until recently)

The list is endless.

Why do our own fans seem so keen to belittle their own football club .

Last edited:
Still, it was so sad to hear about the owner of Dulux passing away from hypothermia in freezing conditions on a mountain walk......

Medical staff reckon he could have done with another coat.....

:pochlol:

This is just not true mate. It really isn't.

First club to achieve the double post ww2

First English club to win a major European trophy

4th most decorated club in England pre 2000 (ENIC)

Highest ever recorded home attendance in England

Best supported club in the country throughout the 1950s

First club to break the 100k transfer barrier

The list is endless.

Why do our own fans seem so keen to belittle their own football club .
Mate "big Clubs" win Legaue Titles, we've won TWO!!!

We are the 5th, it may be now the 6th, ranked Club for trophies won. I think that's good but it is absolutely miles behind other clubs above us in that list (which doesn't include Man City BTW!). The League is the measure of how good a team is/has been.

To be the first at something is good, but when other teams do it multiple times means they are better at it than us.

I'm not belittling it!!! Fucking Hell I'm arguing with someone who wants to slit his writs because we're not Chelsea!!!

Back
Top Bottom