Tottenham vs City - EFL Cup Final - Ref Fucks Up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It would seem KDB's ankle injury is quite serious.

I don't wish injury on anyone, it certainly helps up a little bit against them next week/

Get well soon KDB.

It would seem KDB's ankle injury is quite serious.

I don't wish injury on anyone, it certainly helps up a little bit against them next week/

Get well soon KDB.
Citys form has actually dipped a little since KDB returned from injury i think. Hopefully can stay dipping

Played City last time without kDB and they smashed us 3-0. Doesn’t make a blind bit of difference. Foden is the replacement and he’s outstanding. We are going to get an absolute pasting.

Played City last time without kDB and they smashed us 3-0. Doesn’t make a blind bit of difference. Foden is the replacement and he’s outstanding. We are going to get an absolute pasting.
Baby Reaction GIF

I think we can all agree that next week's match is going to be a painful affair so I thought we could try and help each other through it with an official forum drinking game.

Just take a drink whenever the following is said on the match thread - kick off to full time whistle.

Feel free to add more to get a definitive list.

'...dinosaur...'
'Dier is dire'
'Wanks'
'Bloody Sissoko'
'Bloody Sanchez'
'What was that Serge?'
'Worst signing ever'
'I'm off to chat to the missus. It's better than watching this shite'
'Shocking defending'
'Son is such a streaky player'
'Get up Ndombele'
'Pass it Lamela'
'£15 million a season'
'Lucas just runs down blind alleys'
'Where is Bale?'

Just to start us off
'Get the fuck in!!!'
'Give me the whistle!!!'

After we take our inevitable 1 nil first half lead, and right before they fucking pants us...

It will be 5 at the back won't it, with 2 defensive midfielders protecting them.

Last night was a trial run for it.

Even though I think it is a poor plan and terrible reason to throw away the Everton game with the stupid formation/line-up, it is the only thing that kind of makes sense for why he made that choice.

If he thinks the formation, with Sanchez likely replacing Rodon, is the best way to play against City I guess you want them to get game time playing it, but why you want that shit formation with those shit players he brought in Dier, Sissoko in particular, still doesn't excuse him for it.

Never have been so underwhelmed by a upcoming Spurs cup final.
The price of winning however unlikely of more torturous painful years from this cunt takes any joy from it.
Levy the prick fucked up again.
The club is in mess and you tell me they are great business men , all l see is aproperty/ multi entertainment company hugely in debt feeding off a football club.

It's quite bizarre that I feel almost no excitement for this final.

Even the prospect of winning it doesn't fill me with joy. I don't imagine I'll be going crazy around my living room/the pub.

Is this just a symptom of a spoilt fanbase? We spent years eating out at the Ivy but never quite getting the best table and now we are faced with the prospect of being VIP at PizzaHut.

The 2008 league cup was the one and only trophy I have been conscious of us winning in my lifetime so you would think I'd be excited.

I guess it is just connected to the idea that a win will be the start of something, with bigger and better to follow. I still remember the post match interviews with Keane talking about how we have to push on from here and win more and I believed it.

Even if we win on Sunday the direction we are moving in is not clear and I think that's why it's a struggle.

I would be excited for this final if I believed in the team and the manager, but I don't. Being underdogs normally makes me more excited for a match but now we aren't underdogs, we are just losers. We know what will happen before a ball is kicked.

That run of games where Bale was starting and playing well feels like it never happened, we found something that worked and one terrible game against Woolwich put an end to it. Results since then have been horrendous but the manager refuses to use Bale despite him being his only possible salvation.

It's quite bizarre that I feel almost no excitement for this final.

Even the prospect of winning it doesn't fill me with joy. I don't imagine I'll be going crazy around my living room/the pub.

Is this just a symptom of a spoilt fanbase? We spent years eating out at the Ivy but never quite getting the best table and now we are faced with the prospect of being VIP at PizzaHut.

The 2008 league cup was the one and only trophy I have been conscious of us winning in my lifetime so you would think I'd be excited.

I guess it is just connected to the idea that a win will be the start of something, with bigger and better to follow. I still remember the post match interviews with Keane talking about how we have to push on from here and win more and I believed it.

Even if we win on Sunday the direction we are moving in is not clear and I think that's why it's a struggle.

Keane's excitement at us winning the League Cup was so great that he left for Liverpool.

But yep weirdly hard to be up for the final at present.

I think that's a mixture of Covid, our paucity and genuine fear of being embarrassed on the day.

Think it probably would have been a good shout for Levy to sack Jose and have a temp take us for the final. Anything different from what they've been doing the last few months would give us a better chance.

I would be excited for this final if I believed in the team and the manager, but I don't. Being underdogs normally makes me more excited for a match but now we aren't underdogs, we are just losers. We know what will happen before a ball is kicked.

That run of games where Bale was starting and playing well feels like it never happened, we found something that worked and one terrible game against Woolwich put an end to it. Results since then have been horrendous but the manager refuses to use Bale despite him being his only possible salvation.

I know. We finally found a solution where the team were actually looking like an attacking team again, then the narcissistic prick decides to completely freeze out Bale after 1 bad game v Woolwich. It’s almost like he’s so hell bent on trying to prove he was right, he can now say “well that’s why I didn’t play bale before “ , he’s just such a narcissist and it’s taken me a while to realise it. Bale is now completely frozen out when he should be one of the 1st names on the team sheet in a cup final, yet Mourinho the gutless coward will go all out defensive. We are losing to City anyway and our dog shit defence can’t handle going defensively, so just go for it ffs. I have no interest in spurs with him there.

Back
Top Bottom