Levy Out/ENIC new poll 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy/ENIC in or out?

• In

Votes: 72 23.2%
  • Out

Votes: 239 76.8%

• Total voters
I think protesters are mainly a certain breed of people. Much more dedicated. Look at the bad stuff going on today. We all just moan about it. But Unless you protest against it, then that means you don't really care. Hmmm.

Its like all the people not wanting an owner with bad human rights record. Yet do they usually protest against these regimes? No chance! Can't be assed with it. Bit cold out. Might rain! & I don't blame them.
Don’t think I care about anything enough to protest about it. Certainly not this. Don’t think there’s any way that Joe Lewis sees a few hundred protestors and thinks “right, time to sack off my investment plan then”.

The only way to possibly hope to get change in this is for the stadium to open next season and nobody turn up. But that’s not going to happen.

To be fair I just think it was poorly timed, 4 o clock on a week day, we had an early kick off so it fucked it up.

I’ve never been an ENIC outer but after the shit they pulled they deserve some back lash and hopefully this kicks there arse in to gear slightly.

Levy needs to build a proper footballing structure and step away from negotiations.
Levy needs to build a proper footballing structure and step away from negotiations. Right then mr! So what's the timeframe on this? Not having ago at you. Just noticed levy & enic lovers saying but they need to win a cup or levy needs to step away from football side etc. But when this doesn't happen, it gets trotted out again.
So does Levy really need to build a proper footballing structure and step away from negotiations? Or if he doesn't will you still want them in? & what is your timeframe for this? Just noticing the amount of enic & levy lovers who backtrack on this when pinned down to commit to it.

Its like an empty threat..
ENIC levy fans: insert support for them. Followed by
'but enic/levy need to do such & such'

Me: 'oh really! so when do they need to this by'

ENIC levy fans: 'well they don't actually have to do it'

Or

The ones who try to make out they are not fans of them or defending them. Yet spend most of their time just going around defending them & attacking others criticising them. Saying it will be all doom & gloom if enic/levy left. Making fun of enic/levy haters. Whilst swearing blind they are just totally balanced, objective & can see the good & bad sides to them. & what a shame we can't be great like them.

Yeah right, at least 95% of your posts are supporting levy/enic. Then token gesture 5% criticism of them so you feel you can claim your neutral.
We see through you :mourglasses:
You ain't fooling anyone!

Don’t think I care about anything enough to protest about it. Certainly not this. Don’t think there’s any way that Joe Lewis sees a few hundred protestors and thinks “right, time to sack off my investment plan then”.

The only way to possibly hope to get change in this is for the stadium to open next season and nobody turn up. But that’s not going to happen.
Yep. So what's the point going to protests if you know it won't change a thing. No matter what the issue.
But equally not saying protesters shouldn't protest causes they believe in a cause. Just that its not for me. Like I say, they are a certain type of breed.

Yeah, very low attendances would have more of an impact. But theres a lot of spurs fans to take the space of people who stay away. I think its just what the individual feels is right for them. For me, its not spending a penny on football. So not just about our club. I would go see & support a local lower league team when we can. That's a good idea that some do. But I can't be assed!

Last edited:
Yep. So what's the point going to protests if you know it won't change a thing. No matter what the issue.
But equally not saying protesters shouldn't protest causes they believe in. Just that its not for me. Like I say, they are a certain type of breed.

Yeah, very low attendances would have more of an impact. But theres a lot of spurs fans to take the space of people who stay away. I think its just what the individual feels is right for them. For me, its not spending a penny on football. So not just about our club. I would go see & support a local lower league team when we can. That's a good idea that some do. But I can't be assed!
Exactly. No point in protesting. Will have as much of an effect as posting on here does. Fuck all.
And yes, even if a few thousand get together and agree to not attend matches, they’ll be replaced no bother. Not an ideal situation, but it’s the way it is.

Levy needs to build a proper footballing structure and step away from negotiations. Right then mr! So what's the timeframe on this? Not having ago at you. Just noticed levy & enic lovers saying but they need to win a cup or levy needs to step away from football side etc. But when this doesn't happen, it gets trotted out again.
So does Levy really need to build a proper footballing structure and step away from negotiations? Or if he doesn't will you still want them in? & what is your timeframe for this? Just noticing the amount of enic & levy lovers who backtrack on this when pinned down to commit to it.
But isn't that the same as you calling for Levy and ENIC to sell up, on a daily basis, on the internet/down the pub? And when it doesn't happen, you just keep doing it anyway? Ultimately we're all just grown men with time on our hands, pissing in the wind, moaning on the Internet.

What's your timeframe and tipping point for abandoning the club /cancelling Sky subs / going to protests?

Or is it just that you want everyone to agree with you and join in the moaning about ENIC? I guess that while I respect and mostly sympathise with your opinion I just don't understand your end game.

Exactly. No point in protesting. Will have as much of an effect as posting on here does. Fuck all.
And yes, even if a few thousand get together and agree to not attend matches, they’ll be replaced no bother. Not an ideal situation, but it’s the way it is.
I agree. We had a situation here at work where my boss was trying to raise entry level pay. The board members asked him, "how many people applied for the last opening?" his answer was 13. Based off that they decided that entry level pay was just fine. It'll be no different with Lewis and Levy. As long as profits and season ticket sales are good they aren't going anywhere.

But isn't that the same as you calling for Levy and ENIC to sell up, on a daily basis, on the internet/down the pub? And when it doesn't happen, you just keep doing it anyway? Ultimately we're all just grown men with time on our hands, pissing in the wind, moaning on the Internet.

What's your timeframe and tipping point for abandoning the club /cancelling Sky subs / going to protests?

Or is it just that you want everyone to agree with you and join in the moaning about ENIC? I guess that while I respect and mostly sympathise with your opinion I just don't understand your end game.
But isn't this what social media platforms like this are for?

This is a Tottenham Hotspur forum where we discuss and debate all things Spurs.
Be it the players, the tactics, the manager and the owners.

We will always argue about who should be in the first 11. We will always argue about who we should sign or who we should sell. There will always be those arguing for or against a manager.

But none of this influences any of the decisions affecting the above.

But the debates and opinions continue. There is and never will be an end game as you put it.

And this applies to every aspect of the football club we support

But isn't this what social media platforms like this are for?

This is a Tottenham Hotspur forum where we discuss and debate all things Spurs.
Be it the players, the tactics, the manager and the owners.

We will always argue about who should be in the first 11. We will always argue about who we should sign or who we should sell. There will always be those arguing for or against a manager.

But none of this influences any of the decisions affecting the above.

But the debates and opinions continue. There is and never will be an end game as you put it.

And this applies to every aspect of the football club we support
Yes of course. You and Scott are always so pushy on this subject and always trying to convince people onto your way of thinking. You go beyond the sharing of views into lobbying territory - it's your right to and all done in a fairly civil way. Nothing wrong with it. I was just probing the intentions of that.

What’s the alternative? Fan ownership? (LOL) A random collection of vulture capitalists? A developing world dictatorship seeking to do some sports-washing?

Better the devil you know unless something very clear is on the table. Right now nothing is.

Back
Top Bottom