Levy Out/ENIC new poll 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy/ENIC in or out?

• In

Votes: 72 23.2%
  • Out

Votes: 239 76.8%

• Total voters

Tomo

Supporter
In honour of John Thomas John Thomas whose conspiracy to create the super league globally and then collapse it as a ploy to make Levy unpopular seems to have worked a treat.

So we still in?

I'm hoping that the UK government see the need now for a Germany style ownership and I think every Tottenham fan should be on board. Why would we want anyone but us in charge of the club? Why should we not get a say?
There’s about three people on this board that I would come close to trusting with having any say in how the club is run.

Or you were wrong then about Stratford and wrong now thinking Levy is the problem.

What I find odd is that the Levy out types don’t have any issue with Man City, Chelsea and now Saudi-on-Tyne buying success. These clubs warping free competition is the bigger evil. All using dirty oil dollars to do so. Yet Levy is the monster when he’s done more to put Spurs at a competitive advantage if dodgy sponsorship and subsidy is unallowed. Shouldn’t you campaign for such uncompetitive subsidies to be outlawed with the venom you direct at one of our own in Levy?
You say Levy is one of our own

Despite him openly admitting he's only involved in football to exploit it's popularity.

Despite attempting to move the club to Stratford

Despite charging our fans the highest ticket prices in European football

Despite drawing the highest salary of any Premier league CEO

Despite expanding ENICs property portfolio while watching the team stagnate

Despite imploding the squad with two successive self imposed transfer embargos

Despite attempting to write of 100 years of history by taking us out of English football without any consultation

Despite the barefaced, patronising bullshit about returning our club to it's core DNA

Despite overseeing the longest trophy drought since World War 2

Despite having our club referred to as Anchor Tennants

Despite dragging our name through the mud over Furlough

Despite having the lowest ratio of turn over to squad investment in the PL over tye last TEN years

Despite the end of season Villa ticketing disgrace

Despite ensuing on his Amazon vanity series despite his mamagers protestations

Despite the longest managerial search since the ice age culminating in Nuno Espirito Santo

I could go on?

You mean one of our own in the same way as Gold and Sullivan being one of them?

This is what we mean by the cult status of Daniel Levy

Last edited:
I’ve been pro ENIC but with an empowered DoF. However, the past 2 years, this season and this week show what an utterly useless and corrupt bunch they are. We’re taken for mugs by them. We’ve allowed ourselves to be turned from being fans, from being the club, to being mere expendable patrons of an entertainment retailer - and not a very good one at that. Fuck ‘em all.

Looks like we might get a feeder club. According to this ENIC are close to buying 50% of Standard Liege.
What have Liege done to deserve this, poor sods

The move to Stratford should have been his death knell
Lots of fans were for the move.
I’ll never forget or forgive the likes of that twat Scaramanga accusing those against of “holding back the club” and lauding the easy parking, nice eateries and calling Tottenham a shit hole that no big investors would step foot in.

They lapped it up

Levy has failed, on the pitch, he’s backed the wrong horses too many times.
He has sacked managers that needed to be sacked either too late (Poch should have gone in the summer) or too early (Redknapp, Jol, Jose who needed just one more game)

Hired and fired DoFs because he doesn’t actually know if he wants that system or not, and has failed to create stability. It’s been two decades of transition.

It’s undeniable that we have progressed in the PL, since he took over, only a fool would say 14th was better.

But what’s become clear this summer was that he genuinely doesn’t know what to do anymore. And that means goodbye.

Let’s be honest, Levy is not moaning and complaining because of human rights. He is complaining because his lemonade budget of running things is being threatened even more with the emergence of Newcastle. You know what ? It serves him bloody right. He had Tottenham Hotspur right on the cusp thanks to Pochettino’s brilliant work, and he truly fucked it. Its him and ENICs fault for not truly pushing the club on the map when it was so close. It’s his own fault we are now a mid table club and it’s his own fault that other super powers will be overtaking us. No sympathy for you Levy you bald cunt!!! If Spurs drop further, that’s your own fucking fault, not Newcastle United’s

I don't mind if the club is run like a business. I believe all clubs should be required to be run as a profitable business. I don't agree with Super Rich Owners chipping in to keep their Hobby afloat.

That said, Levy has elevated the clubs net worth tremendously. We are now in the top 10 richest clubs in the world. Yet we still have the same outlook on Players and Club Goals. We still see top 4 as a win. We still see reaching Quarter or Semi-Finals as an achievement. It is not. The Brand is not supposed to be more important that the team achievements. 10 years ago Top 4 was an achievement. Now it's a disgrace.

Levy hires Managers. Then he overrides their Player requests and Team Choice. Nobody will succeed at Spurs with that Prick at the helm. He needs to go.

I can see the way they have approached certain things have been frustrating, but the shrewdest way of doing it:

1. Strafford
Like most fans I preferred to stay at WHL but the ease of journey etc. did appeal. There was no way our proposal to knock it down was going to get approved but it did a few things:
  • Put pressure on Harringley Council who were dragging their feet
  • Got us Government assistance with infrastructure improvements and tax relief
  • Made sure West Ham had to keep the running track thus screwing their dream

2. Financial stability and improvements
So there were two ways to go about this, you can pile a load of money into the team, get regular CL, prem title, global exposure and money

Or

Create a revenue source that isn't reliant on the above (the route we went)

Now if we could guarantee the former approach delivered the results, then that would have been my preferred method, win everything, make a stack of money which could be reinvested into the ground. Problem is, it rarely works out, against the bottomless resources of City, United and Chelsea in the prem, Barca, PSG, RM and Juve in Europe it's a massive gamble. People joke about doing a Leeds (now Derby) but without a solid financial backing we would be on borrowed time.

Now the latter route, whilst slow and frustrating means our reinvestment into the team and stability aren't directly connected with improvements on the pitch. Match day revenue is huge, commercial deals large and plentiful.

The problem now is we will continue to print money, without needing to be competitive on the pitch and this is my fear, and why my patience is running out with Levy/ENIC. I'm not sure their motivation is team success. Recently they are showing it might not be...

-----------------------------------------

I have no connection with Levy and ENIC, I'm not a fanboy, or on their payroll, they've made mistakes but I can appreciate most of the good they have done. We were fucked in the 80s, like really fucked, fans like to think we were a massive club but our our financial clout was tiny back then and we could have easily dropped down the leagues...

Any owner would have jumped at the guaranteed money on offer in these uncertain times - any new owner would treat us the same way, even more so if they've shelled out the best part of 2 billion for the pleasure

In honour of John Thomas John Thomas whose conspiracy to create the super league globally and then collapse it as a ploy to make Levy unpopular seems to have worked a treat.

So we still in?
I take absolutely no pleasure in random poll results on here mate

anigif_sub-buzz-26545-1550621760-1.gif

What’s the alternative? Fan ownership? (LOL) A random collection of vulture capitalists? A developing world dictatorship seeking to do some sports-washing?

Better the devil you know unless something very clear is on the table. Right now nothing is.

Mate I would have taken that argument a while back but Levy would fucking sell his granny for cash, he has no morals. We have a choice between spending owners with no morals and tight arse owners with no morals.

I would prefer neither but that would take government forcing fan ownership or at least a fan veto. That probably won’t happen so morals unfortunately have no relevance to our ownership anymore. That is where football is, it’s in the mud and we are part of that under Levy.

Back
Top Bottom