Levy Out/ENIC new poll 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy/ENIC in or out?

• In

Votes: 72 23.2%
  • Out

Votes: 239 76.8%

• Total voters
Nah, I'll take my chances with anyone else now. ENIC OUT
jeff bezos news GIF

Amazon Lol GIF by FullMag

Nah, I think I’ll stand right here and wait for someone to offer something intelligent in reply.
Intelligent replies warrant intelligent comments

Claiming ENIC is the best we can do is laughable and quite frankly embarrassing cuckolding . Over and above the fact they are greedy poison to this great club. You've been cucked, mate - sorry to tell ya

What’s the alternative? Fan ownership? (LOL) A random collection of vulture capitalists? A developing world dictatorship seeking to do some sports-washing?

Better the devil you know unless something very clear is on the table. Right now nothing is.

Mate I would have taken that argument a while back but Levy would fucking sell his granny for cash, he has no morals. We have a choice between spending owners with no morals and tight arse owners with no morals.

I would prefer neither but that would take government forcing fan ownership or at least a fan veto. That probably won’t happen so morals unfortunately have no relevance to our ownership anymore. That is where football is, it’s in the mud and we are part of that under Levy.

Juicy Sushi Juicy Sushi - another massive ENIC apologist who last posted in 2019 has suddenly emerged when Levy is absolutely doneski here to defend thy honour

ENIC bots are everywhere - shameful scenes

Surely if we get a European ban or points deduction his position becomes untenable? The decision was all his.
There is no "untenable" when you're the overlord of the club and second largest shareholder (25% of club) after Lewis (60% of club) , who in turn presumably gave him and the ESL bid full backing.

That did apply to Woodward who was just a senior employee of the Glazers.

The only way out of ENIC's stranglehold is an even richer buyer or legislation.
That or the next generation after Lewis changes direction, I guess.

Last edited:
There is no "untenable" when you're the overlord of the club and second largest shareholder (25% of club) after Lewis (60% of club) , who in turn presumably gave him and the ESL bid full backing.

That did apply to Woodward who was just a senior employee of the Glazers.

The only way out of ENIC's stranglehold is an even richer buyer.
What future does he have if we get punishment like that though? A dodgy managerial appointment or being a bit thrifty in the market is one thing, being responsible for the club getting points docked or kicked out of Europe is another level. Not sure he'd ever be forgiven for that.
You could say he might not care but getting grief every week had an affect on Sugar,Gillette and Hicks and others. Can only think of Mile Ashley that somehow clings on because i think he enjoys trolling them.

What future does he have if we get punishment like that though? A dodgy managerial appointment or being a bit thrifty in the market is one thing, being responsible for the club getting points docked or kicked out of Europe is another level. Not sure he'd ever be forgiven for that.
You could say he might not care but getting grief every week had an affect on Sugar,Gillette and Hicks and others. Can only think of Mile Ashley that somehow clings on because i think he enjoys trolling them.
Yes to be fair, I think major backlash (regular protest, mass ST and corporate box cancellations), could indeed drive Levy to a different role in the club, maybe less visible and less involved in football decisions. That's a realistic positive outcome.

They'd only start considering a sale if their reputation was tanking the club's value to such an extent that they needed to get out. Given the scummy history of Chelsea and City's ownership, and the little impact it had on their reputation, I can't foresee a realistic scenario for that to happen.

Mike Ashley is, as far as I can tell, a genuine psycho and is medically unable to give a fuck about anyone's opinion of him.

Juicy Sushi Juicy Sushi - another massive ENIC apologist who last posted in 2019 has suddenly emerged when Levy is absolutely doneski here to defend thy honour

ENIC bots are everywhere - shameful scenes
Actually it was the removal of Jose that gave me Spurs back, well that and a less busy time at work. But I am not defending Levy. Just not that enamoured about committing to some random group of alternatives.

I’d like fan ownership, but that is not on the table. I don’t like the idea of being just like Chelsea, City, or PSG. So I am not voting ENIC OUT unless I know who happens to be coming in afterwards.

Just not that enamoured about committing to some random group of alternatives.
It doesn't have to be a random group at all - owners with true ambition to win silverware is a real thing as proven with Liverpool, Inter, etc. ENIC don't care at all as long as we are profitable.

It doesn't have to be a random group at all - owners with true ambition to win silverware is a real thing as proven with Liverpool, Inter, etc. ENIC don't care at all as long as we are profitable.
I don't know that those groups have very much ambition at all. Liverpool spent some money to a title, but since then seemed really eager to pursue the US franchise model that they know well from the other teams they own. Not a sign of a group who want to spend money and win stuff. Inter have spent, and apparently are now kind of fucked, since they don't have the money to cover it.

ENIC have consistently demanded we remain profitable, that is undeniable. That has also meant they haven't put us in a position to do a Leeds before they fucked off with a quick sale to a random chancer. That's not a moral position, but as a fan of Spurs, I do like not being in financial peril, especially since we have had times in the past when free-spending owners of us did leave us in financial peril while selling up.

There are no good guys out there, and yes, ENIC are the same evil capitalists they always have been. I just don't trust the alternatives, given what they seem to be like. If we were taken over by someone competent who was going to run us intelligently and not fuck it up, I'd love a sale. Levy is great at building stadiums and training grounds, but terrible at handling the football transfers and management hiring side. He should not be involved in those decisions. I don't think you can, at this point, argue that he should.

But his flaws, manifest thought they may be, don't mean that I am desperate to have the club taken over at all costs. For every FSG there are a half dozen Glazers, Peter Lims, and Stan Kroenkes. I don't like our odds.

I don't know that those groups have very much ambition at all. Liverpool spent some money to a title, but since then seemed really eager to pursue the US franchise model that they know well from the other teams they own. Not a sign of a group who want to spend money and win stuff. Inter have spent, and apparently are now kind of fucked, since they don't have the money to cover it.

ENIC have consistently demanded we remain profitable, that is undeniable. That has also meant they haven't put us in a position to do a Leeds before they fucked off with a quick sale to a random chancer. That's not a moral position, but as a fan of Spurs, I do like not being in financial peril, especially since we have had times in the past when free-spending owners of us did leave us in financial peril while selling up.

There are no good guys out there, and yes, ENIC are the same evil capitalists they always have been. I just don't trust the alternatives, given what they seem to be like. If we were taken over by someone competent who was going to run us intelligently and not fuck it up, I'd love a sale. Levy is great at building stadiums and training grounds, but terrible at handling the football transfers and management hiring side. He should not be involved in those decisions. I don't think you can, at this point, argue that he should.

But his flaws, manifest thought they may be, don't mean that I am desperate to have the club taken over at all costs. For every FSG there are a half dozen Glazers, Peter Lims, and Stan Kroenkes. I don't like our odds.
If you genuinely believe ENIC is the best we can do - you’ve hit major issues fella, with respect

Yeah but its not.... Not the truth. Jose must've decided the team was useless and it would be better for him to look our for Kane and Son and keep a decent relationship with the two, seeing as if he does make it back in to club football then he certainly would go to a team that can afford the two

I didn’t know that Wolves could buy them?

If you genuinely believe ENIC is the best we can do - you’ve hit major issues fella, with respect
I didn’t think he said that. Just said they are better than a lot of alternatives. But also mentioned FSG in a positive light.

As for me, if we do sell, I just want it to be to the richest cunt out there. Don’t care if they burn babies, I just want a cup.

I didn’t think he said that. Just said they are better than a lot of alternatives. But also mentioned FSG in a positive light.

As for me, if we do sell, I just want it to be to the richest cunt out there. Don’t care if they burn babies, I just want a cup.
ENIC is the worst!

I didn't say that. I just said I don't fancy a different flavour of shit sandwich. And that's the overwhelming majority of the menu, and we don't get to chose what we get from that menu.

Something better? Sounds great. I just have no faith that something better is coming our way.

Back
Top Bottom