Levy Out/ENIC new poll 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy/ENIC in or out?

• In

Votes: 72 23.2%
  • Out

Votes: 239 76.8%

• Total voters
Wasn’t particularly happy with the Jol or Redknapp sackings. Poch I felt was burnt out and probably need a rest for his own sake, the 18 months of no signings fucked him and the team.

The rest of the managers under Levy I was either happy they where gone like AVB and Jose or didn’t care.
Not sure Poch was burnt out, just worn down because of the lack of investment, he had given enough in the way of warning, and it was ignored.
They threw the baby out with the bathwater. If the team had enjoyed the financial backing he wanted, he would still be here and I'm convinced we would have won something.

A classic Levy failure to listen to people who know more about the game than he does. The sooner he realises that his job is to follow the manager around with a cheque book in his pocket, keep his gob shut and his opinions to himself and concentrate on keeping the company afloat, the sooner we will move forward.

Mourinho - Sacked without finding a replacement
Nagelsmann - Not interested
Ten Hag - Not interested
Kane - Likely wanting to leave
Squad mentality - Dysfunctional
Lost the Carabao cup final - Without trying
Whatever Poch built - all gone
No concrete plans for a good manager

Levy has completed the full circle
And some still vehemently defend him.

Staggering

Mourinho - Sacked without finding a replacement
Nagelsmann - Not interested
Ten Hag - Not interested
Kane - Likely wanting to leave
Squad mentality - Dysfunctional
Lost the Carabao cup final - Without trying
Whatever Poch built - all gone
No concrete plans for a good manager

Levy has completed the full circle
Spot fucking on.

And who blames any of them.

No one wants to work for Daniel Levy, and Daniel Levy is the only man who can't see it. The lack of accountability shown by ENIC is absolutely despicable and there's none at the club anymore.

I expect the ENIC apologists to come out fighting now, they'll slander the Newcastle owners at every single opportunity.

Murderers, rapists, genocidal, racist, sexist, everything.
It'll be like listening to a black cab driver talking about Uber.

Guess what you boring little **********

You can absolutely criticise (it’s not slander if it’s true) the Saudi regime who’ve taken control of ISIS FC, AND still be Levy/ENIC out.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive for the love of fuck.

Grow up.

1 Trophy yes, but that doesn't paint the full picture. Multiple finals - including the biggest of them all (ECL).

The premier league has evolved as such that 'Top 4' is now considered a bigger 'trophy' than the FA and Milk Cup, and under that logic, we have been very successful.

We have built one of the worlds best stadiums and have world class training and development facilities.

We have produced /developed some world class players (Kane, Bale, Son, Modric, Winks).

With City, United, Chelsea in the league, we cannot simply BUY our way to a trophy - we have to do it with hard work and passion - which ultimately we have lost over the last couple of seasons. Restructures at the club have clearly affected morale throughout our staff on and off the pitch - and that of course is down to ENICs (thus far) botched post Poch rebuild.

Let's hope that Partici now steers us in the right direction and our new crop of young players learn to love the shirt and play at 100%
Winks a world class player

Trolling trolling trolling

Lloris has just won the nations league with france. Add the world cup to that as well since hes been with tottenham yet won nothing with us. Pull your finger out levy. Everyone outside tottenham that is or was connected with club is winning trophies. Balance sheets are not trophies.

The thing is with ENIC out is that it has always been fickle.

If we sacked Nuno tomorrow and appointed a manager that gave us an instant lift, this thread would be dead.
In years gone by you are 100% correct…..Problem is, Klopp could take the job Monday morning but I seriously doubt the silver would follow, we would destroy him….Klopp would get us punching well above our weight and that would be good enough for ENIC (see Pochettino for details)

The current ownership has run its course for many reasons, not just the current performances, and as most fans, even those who currently hate Nuno, don’t really blame Nuno….

Think about this, we hired Nuno asa desperate move because no self respecting manager would take the job, and no decent manager was ever going to leave their current club to come here…..

Levy treaded water for years with his zero net spend, like you said, results on the pitch deflected from him, but you can only tread water for so long before you drown, Levy is drowning, and the only one who can save him is a lifeguard carrying a billion quid…That lifeguard isn’t coming so Levy will eventually drown, the question is, will he take the ship down with him….?

This debacle and the smarmy unrepentant statement thanking the supporters for their “considered opinions” are unforgivable.

It’s over now, there’s not a single iota of trust between ownership and fans and I don’t think there’s ever a way for it be regained.

My considered opinion is that Levy and ENIC should get the fuck out.

Last edited:
I'm actually completely baffled that this is the straw that seems to have broken the camel's back in terms of support for ENIC.

A club in our position that gets offered a golden ticket to an endless VIP party with the biggest names in the field has to accept it.

Can't blame Levy for that one, does anyone think his concientious objection would have done anything other than exclude us from the club?

Everything else, yup absolutely, but the choice between destitution and avarice is an easy one and it's hard to blame him for making it.

Anyway, great that this movement grows.

More insight into levys management..

From an Agent of one of the Spurs first team players. All alleged.

Levy and Jose have been at breaking point since January.

Owner telling manager who to play. Wants Dele and Bergwein playing to be in shop window. Want Bale playing not sat in bench at £200K a week.

Bombshell was owner telling manager to play strongest team against Southampton as still chance if making top 4 and didn't care about winning Cup. Manager wanted best team for final.

Final nail was manager telling owner he had a good business, but priority in wrong place and would win nothing and to stop interfering with team selection.

Manager told Kane and Son to move on if they want to win anything. Said owner would make it hard for them to do so.

All players rejoiced at him leaving apart from Maura, Vinicius and Hojberg who were sad. Kane and Son remained professional. Lloris, Winks and Dele led celebrations at training ground.
Absolutely, totally, without a doubt 100% bollocks

Funny how people give it Billy Big Bollocks on tinterweb, but aren't so incensed that they actually get up off their arses to do something about it.

"GET THEM OUT OF MY CLUB!!!!"

"Nice one mate, are you coming to the protest?"

"Nah, can't be arsed"
Apathy I think

Most people, myself included already know that Enic are going nowhere anytime soon

I can wave around as many cheap paper banners as I like and it won't achieve anything

They will go if and when they want to. The only real way to encourage this would be low attendance, which I can't see happening.

The ENIC dream is regular CL football on a budget (or just join a closed tournament that guarantees entry) and a packed stadium. They won't care if we go another 20 years without a trophy.

Levy takes us from mid table to top 4 and beyond (sort of) in his first 20 years at Spurs, sounds great if your under 30 years of age, but as we used to remind Utd fans, football wasn’t formed in 1992....
This club has always been one of the “big 6”, always, it’s not a new thing.....
Not that long ago this club regularly finished in the top 4 of England’s top tier as well as win trophy’s and get to finals.
It changed managers, it sold players, it bought new players, it took a step back for a season and then it went again, to challenge again, and this wasn’t the glory days in black and white, this was the 1980’s, an era where it competed in a league, a league that had spent 10 years dominating European football and would arguably have continued to do so had Liverpool fans not got everyone banned....
Sure the game has changed a little, more so of the field, and as more and more money gets pumped into the game the business side becomes more apparent.
But sadly as this is true, it still shouldn’t detract from the basic principles of football, good management, good coaching, good scouting, acknowledging your weaknesses and addressing them......this is where we currently fail time and time again.
Liverpool acknowledged their problem, defence, solution? Buy the best Centre half they could find, and to of set his hefty cost they “scouted” two fullbacks with good success, quite a simple concept in a world where we seem to scout based on computer data these days.
We on the other hand have a problem, our solution? Buy the cheapest and most available player, which more often than not makes the problem worse not better....Our business head over rules our most basic of footballing principles time and time again....

Sorry under 30’s fans, there was a time not that long ago that was much much better than right now, a time when football came first and business was its mere little bitch who sat in the corner and said nothing.....

Telegraph piece on the managers distancing themselves from the Spurs job.

Are Tottenham in danger of becoming a laughing stock?
The jokes are already circulating around various WhatsApp groups, with the latest being: Zoran Mamic, the former Dinamo Zagreb manager, has rejected an approach from Tottenham Hotspur. The club had tabbed him to fill the vacant managerial position, but he has decided he would rather remain imprisoned in Croatia.

Hey Daniel, 10 managers in the 20 years you've been in charge.... no wonder the queue to work for you is short.

Maybe its you that's the problem?

Won 1 trophey in cca 20 years or their regime and 50 people voted ENIC IN?

I really wanna know why?

1 Trophy yes, but that doesn't paint the full picture. Multiple finals - including the biggest of them all (ECL).

The premier league has evolved as such that 'Top 4' is now considered a bigger 'trophy' than the FA and Milk Cup, and under that logic, we have been very successful.

We have built one of the worlds best stadiums and have world class training and development facilities.

We have produced /developed some world class players (Kane, Bale, Son, Modric, Winks).

With City, United, Chelsea in the league, we cannot simply BUY our way to a trophy - we have to do it with hard work and passion - which ultimately we have lost over the last couple of seasons. Restructures at the club have clearly affected morale throughout our staff on and off the pitch - and that of course is down to ENICs (thus far) botched post Poch rebuild.

Let's hope that Partici now steers us in the right direction and our new crop of young players learn to love the shirt and play at 100%

Be careful what you wish for. The next bastard will be a bigger one.
After 21 years, I think most of us are prepared to take the chance.

Lets be honest, is anyone really feeling a sense of thrill and excitement at the prospect of two more decades of the same spendthrift, over cautious approach with Daniel Levy at the helm?

Back
Top Bottom