Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pardon my ignorance, but what is his first language? You said he can barely speak Dutch, and I didn't know if you were joking or not.
Accents in Belgium and Holland vary wildly to the point that they sound like different languages. He probably just meant that he sounds nothing like a person from Amsterdam and more like someone from the country side

Levy is a dose but Mourinho's second to none methods have left a lot of good quality players looking like pubs league footballers. Let's not pretend Mourinho isn't far past his best and made less of our squad than it actually is.
They looked like pub players under Poch and Mason though

Talk now of us offering Rodgers £15m a year (triple his current wage) in order to bring him in as manager. Plus whatever compensation package Leicester would demand with him contracted to them until 2025.
:thumbdown:

ClosedAccount10263
It will be interesting to see how the 140 Ten Hag votes are spread out once he is removed from this poll.

Last edited:
We could turn into a London version of Brighton.

Get Potter in. End up selling son and Kane.

Play good football but have nobody to put the ball in the net.
And that would be an improvement

200.gif

ten Hag not coming to us and another manager turning us down sends a really bad message to the players we need to keep hold of.

Kane seems like he would go if someone put up the asking price. I imagine Son, Lloris would follow suit.

Total clusterfuck.

Hadn't considered Lopetegui. Doing well with Sevilla, especially considering they don't really have a huge amount of quality or pace in attack. El Nesyri and Ocampos are good but not great. His Spanish team was a lot of fun to watch. Madrid run was a disaster, but probably lots of mitigating factors there. Also, his English is very good. Hopefully we take a look at him.
People should discount the Madrid experience really. Although none of the shitstorm was his fault at all there was a lot of bad feeling around from all quarters. Plus he only got a dozen or so games.

You're right, his English is good. The only thing is he has a bit of a sing-songy accent, a la Unai Emery (albeit better grammatically and so on). Some of his pronunciation is a bit off too, like that Spanish way of pronouncing "coach" as "co-atch". This may well raise the eyebrows of the more Little Englander set who will pretend that they can't understand him.

If near-perfect English with barely a hint of an accent is your bag, Roberto Martínez is the man

Still got ages to appoint someone, no need for any pant wetting yet. Lots of good options out there. Better than Mourinho at any rate and plenty of managers out there who can get our squad to play exciting football we will all want to watch again.

If we haven't got someone in by the time the Euros start then I will panic, but until then lets just wait and see.

People should discount the Madrid experience really. Although none of the shitstorm was his fault at all there was a lot of bad feeling around from all quarters. Plus he only got a dozen or so games.

You're right, his English is good. The only thing is he has a bit of a sing-songy accent, a la Unai Emery (albeit better grammatically and so on). Some of his pronunciation is a bit off too, like that Spanish way of pronouncing "coach" as "co-atch". This may well raise the eyebrows of the more Little Englander set who will pretend that they can't understand him.

If near-perfect English with barely a hint of an accent is your bag, Roberto Martínez is the man
Agree on the Madrid tenure. I'm not trying to be snooty about quality of English speaking, just that it was definitely an issue with Emery at Woolwich. I don't see any issue with Lopetegui's having checked out a few interviews, and he's clearly an excellent coach.

Martinez can get in the bin, only Southgate could crater my optimism more.

Last edited:
Do we have to restart the vote AGAIN and exclude Ten Hag then? I may pick Southgate as whoever I pick is quickly eliminated from the running :ledley:

Wow. Had a feeling he would tell us to get fucked, especially as we were supposedly approaching him as “one of the candidates.”

We really are truly an incompetent mess of a football club. Looks like it’s going to be Potter or Parker then...

Christ.

Wow. Had a feeling he would tell us to get fucked, especially as we were supposedly approaching him as “one of the candidates.”

We really are truly an incompetent mess of a football club. Looks like it’s going to be Potter or Parker then...

Christ.
According to Romano We didn’t like what we heard during the meeting. It’s not near as dire as you’re making it out to be.

Back
Top Bottom