Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United | Sunday 2 May | 19.15 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel particularly aggrieved that the VAR team didn't offer a replay of the Fleck stamp on the pitch side monitor. If they'd done that I think the referee would have given a red.

They bottled it.

Ref should see it first time....and send him off
If ref doesn't see it VAR should....and send him off
If the ref is unsure about the VAR assessment he should go to the monitor....and send him off

Too busy ruling out goals for fingernail offsides.
Masons reaction very poor. Should have been in 4th officials ear as someone said earlier. Needs to fight his and players corner

I guess we all ignore the 20 minutes from half time when we actually shrunk and allowed one of the shittest teams the PL has seen outplay us.

I'm as relieved as anyone that Mourinho's gone, and I don't expect miracles from Mason, who's only been coaching for a few months, but for nearly half of that second half, we did the same shit we have have been complaining about all season under Mourinho, this totally wank Sheff Utd team had 55% of the ball and most of it in our half, the difference being this time we got the second goal, on the break, and that pretty much snuffed them out.

I don't agree with Alli out there instead of Ndombele, and I don't really understand why Kane was not hooked, he was awful. But apart from those grumbles, the team selection was OK, the subs OK, and the performance apart from that 20 minutes after HT was at least proactive, and once the second goal went in we didn't sit back, we pressed on and killed them.
I just think that the non-sending off and the goal disallowed goal because Sonny's armpit was offside threw us off our stride a bit. You have to admit, we all feared the worst after those two decisions and that it was going to be one of those games.

Personally i like watching possession play and players who like to keep the ball. Hes a good squad player imo and is someone you can put on to take heat out of game and cool things down. Players i dont think are good enough are davies, aurier, sissoko, sanchez and probably dier. Not sure on rodon.
Also very good at doing criminally stupid things like giving the ball away near the end of our box or passing sideways and backwards as much as possible. Rating winks is just silly .

I guess we all ignore the 20 minutes from half time when we actually shrunk and allowed one of the shittest teams the PL has seen outplay us.

I'm as relieved as anyone that Mourinho's gone, and I don't expect miracles from Mason, who's only been coaching for a few months, but for nearly half of that second half, we did the same shit we have have been complaining about all season under Mourinho, this totally wank Sheff Utd team had 55% of the ball and most of it in our half, the difference being this time we got the second goal, on the break, and that pretty much snuffed them out.

I don't agree with Alli out there instead of Ndombele, and I don't really understand why Kane was not hooked, he was awful. But apart from those grumbles, the team selection was OK, the subs OK, and the performance apart from that 20 minutes after HT was at least proactive, and once the second goal went in we didn't sit back, we pressed on and killed them.
Well we played well for 70 mins , against a weak team admittedly

Their next 2 games are City and Woolwich. Say they get a draw and a loss and we win both our games we go above them on goal difference ... so it was definitely important.
Yes but you know what'll happen if we miraculously finish 4th...

Those other two fucks will win in Europe and consign us to the EL. :mourfacepalm:

Too busy ruling out goals for fingernail offsides.
Masons reaction very poor. Should have been in 4th officials ear as someone said earlier. Needs to fight his and players corner
Yeah it was me. Considering he was put out of football with a deliberate violent head incident he should have stood up for another stricken player especially as they showed them looking at a laptop on the stamp.

Mason looks out-of-his-depth and just happy to be there. He shows zero passion and is not in tune with the team getting fouled and stamped on and cheated by referees.

Back
Top Bottom