Mason's Mates vs Wolves - Sunday 16 May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great all around performance, best xG since the United win for any xG fans. I'd say Wolves played a large part in us looking so good but doesn't matter, a good win is a good win.

I think Lloris was only tested once, maybe twice? Some good blocks by Tanganga and Dier helped. Hojbjerg was solid, Lo Celso and Dele looked really good going forward. Kane and Bale looked like they could create something almost every time they had the ball.

Son was the only average player out there imo. He has seemed off the past few games.
Son looks out of sorts for sure

Mate, we won. My evening is an 8nfi It's My better world for it.

I could not give a flying fcuk about the performance.

Somehow and in our relative paucity of this season we can finish 6th.

Jusy shows what a good manager could do.

When we're playing such a poor team I'd like to see a bit better than what we got today. A win is a win and we deserved it, but I'll stand by what I said, we looked exactly what we are which is a very ordinary team, with a couple of wonderful players.

I didn't know wolves are bad this season. Weren't they good last season?

They relied a lot on individuals creating chances out of nothing, very much like us with Son and Kane under Jose.

With Jota leaving and Jimenez injured they no longer have those two saving them late in games. Silva might be good but as we saw today he is out of his depth right now. He isn't going to create goals out of nothing like Wolves need.

Bit of a boring first half, better in the second, kept pressing and got the second goal.

Weird subs aside job done.
The subs weren't that weird considering the plan was clearly to run out the clock in possession. Wolves were so bad at winning the ball back that Mason, evidently correctly, assumed that he could see out the time with any team out there. And who doesn't love watching half an hour of aggressive keepball?

68d46b33-238c-4a40-976c-8c67db028c45.jpg

M0mfBHc.jpg

Great all around performance, best xG since the United win for any xG fans. I'd say Wolves played a large part in us looking so good but doesn't matter, a good win is a good win.

I think Lloris was only tested once, maybe twice? Some good blocks by Tanganga and Dier helped. Hojbjerg was solid, Lo Celso and Dele looked really good going forward. Kane and Bale looked like they could create something almost every time they had the ball.

Son was the only average player out there imo. He has seemed off the past few games.

He wasn't tested because their final pass or shot was often so poor, not because of any great defending by us. The Wolves of the last couple of seasons would probably have put a few past us today. Let's not forget today there were missing Jiminez, Neto, Podance... Basically like us missing Kane, Son and Bale.

We all love beautiful passing triangles… but I am already sick of the Hojbjerg-Dier-Toby triangle.
That’s footballs Bermuda Triangle. Opposition players get lost in there .... but they seem to resurface in front of Hugo

oddly when winks gets caught in there he does totally disappear

it’s a worry but Ryan’s working on it

He wasn't tested because their final pass or shot was often so poor, not because of any great defending by us. The Wolves of the last couple of seasons would probably have put a few past us today. Let's not forget today there were missing Jiminez, Neto, Podance... Basically like us missing Kane, Son and Bale.
Yeh, they've gone backwards. We should take Neto off them and further that decline.

Back
Top Bottom