Mason's Mates vs Wolves - Sunday 16 May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure why there is so much negativity here, it was a comfortable 2-0 win.

I thought Gio had an excellent match, a really complete performance from him.

Dele is still shaking the rust off but I liked him today.

The front 3 players all had their moments but with better finishing we could have taken this 4-0.

I know people hated the substitute, and I was not a fan either, but Winks was good today when he did come on. Sissoko is useless though.

A critical 3 points though.

Any win is welcomed. But I think a few need to accept that Wolves were starting with Fabio Silva and Ki-Jana Hoever today, basically two guys that currently wouldn't stand out playing in League One. This Wolves side are absolute turd.

The subs weren't that weird considering the plan was clearly to run out the clock in possession. Wolves were so bad at winning the ball back that Mason, evidently correctly, assumed that he could see out the time with any team out there. And who doesn't love watching half an hour of aggressive keepball?
We lost a lot of control once Lo Celso came off. I don’t think that was the intent but unless Winks is in a well defined system and role he’s going to be a liability in midfield.

Ndombele coming on for Dele got some of it back and then Sissoko in for Bale fine whatever. I think Mason’s subs have been weird in every match frankly so it’s not surprising.

Not sure why there is so much negativity here, it was a comfortable 2-0 win.

I thought Gio had an excellent match, a really complete performance from him.

Dele is still shaking the rust off but I liked him today.

The front 3 players all had their moments but with better finishing we could have taken this 4-0.

I know people hated the substitute, and I was not a fan either, but Winks was good today when he did come on. Sissoko is useless though.

A critical 3 points though.
We are seemingly stuck in a spiral of extreme opinions with no way out in sight.

Also can we stop talking about Nuno? Such a negative manager.

Silva was god awful today, he needs a loan somewhere else to develop. The talent has to be there given the age/money spent but he looks unbelievably raw to be playing at this level.

He wasn't tested because their final pass or shot was often so poor, not because of any great defending by us. The Wolves of the last couple of seasons would probably have put a few past us today. Let's not forget today there were missing Jiminez, Neto, Podance... Basically like us missing Kane, Son and Bale.
I agree Wolves were poor but you need to give Tanganga and Dier a little credit here. Wolves had two good looks that were blocked.

Back
Top Bottom