Mason's Mates vs Wolves - Sunday 16 May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What more do you want from a midfielder than what he did today?

Played a number of great passes to set up good chances, carried the ball up the pitch, tracked back well and won the ball back numerous times, and didn't give it away.

I saw none of that myself. All I saw is his usual safe, short passes backwards and sideways and not much else, other than him booting the ball out of play which I'm not sure was either a cross or a pass.

Tottenham had 24 shots in this match, while 13 of which were on target – both figures exceed any amount they had in a single Premier League match under previous manager José Mourinho. Approach.

That was decent, in reality we should've scored more but Wolves probability could've pinched a couple as well.

Impressed with Dele, Kane is Kane and on another day Tanganga may have seen red but he's still way better than bother Aurier and Doherty.

EL is still on, ECL should be the Spammers 'reward' for the greatest season they've had since McAvennie and Cottee were their front two.

Great all around performance, best xG since the United win for any xG fans. I'd say Wolves played a large part in us looking so good but doesn't matter, a good win is a good win.

I think Lloris was only tested once, maybe twice? Some good blocks by Tanganga and Dier helped. Hojbjerg was solid, Lo Celso and Dele looked really good going forward. Kane and Bale looked like they could create something almost every time they had the ball.

Son was the only average player out there imo. He has seemed off the past few games.
I think they had enough chances that if they'd had someone like Kane on their side (the normal version, not the unlucky woodwork version today), they probably could've stolen something from the game. Spurs were clearly the better team and deserved winners but a team as bad as Wolves are this season ideally shouldn't be getting multiple huge chances, even if they're unlikely to be good enough put them away.

That's my only criticism of the defence, who were unusually okay. But I am slightly annoyed that this Spurs could've easily put such a bad Wolves side to the sword and didn't. Kane was incredibly unlucky: if he misses out on the Boot by a single goal, I'm going to be pissed off about it all summer. The midfield were again ponderous at times and unwilling to look for forward or ambitious passes. But when you've got such a strong front three, the creation and scoring is all about them anyway.

It was a decent performance but it could've and maybe should've been much better. In 2017, that was a 5-0 game.

(This ramble isn't a direct response to you so sorry about that :p)

That was decent, in reality we should've scored more but Wolves probability could've pinched a couple as well.

Impressed with Dele, Kane is Kane and on another day Tanganga may have seen red but he's still way better than bother Aurier and Doherty.

EL is still on, ECL should be the Spammers 'reward' for the greatest season they've had since McAvennie and Cottee were their front two.

What, no mention of world-class, complete performance Lo Celso?!

Where’s the burds?

You said you watched Spurs this season. You would have been able to find one game by yourself if that was true.
I've watched spurs for 40 years so I think i'm qualified to judge a spurs player or not.

Please enlighten me with why you think N'Dombele is so good? Maybe i'm wrong about him, and i'm willing for someone to change my mind about him. Or are you going to show me the odd flick around the corner, a the fact that he's good at not losing possession when he can be bothered?

For the money, I think he's fucking average that's all.

Ha......

Souness : "Jose is not the type of manager that won't play a player because he's fallen out with him......."

:harrysmile:
That’s exactly what he is imv

His biggest fault and seems to be getting worse

We’ll see who he falls out with at Roma

Actually impressed by Tanganga today as well. Think he played well. My main thing esp was our harrying of their players. Still not as good as I would like but a lot better than it’s been for a year or two. Dele running across his man, dispossessing him and starting an attack! Got to love it

Can someone tell me what I'm missing in regards to Lo Celso? What is he? He's a midfielder, right?

To me a "complete performance" from a midfielder is something like what Tielemans gave for Leicester yesterday, even without his wonderful goal. Not giving a usual safe and tidy enough 6 out of 10 performance against an absolutely dreadful and injury stricken Wolves side.

We won, kept a clean sheet and this shit show of a season only has two more games to go. People are going way OTT about this match but such is TFC.

No CL football, no trophy, no manager and no fans for pretty much 99% of the season. It's been pure crap.

Mason is doing a decent job in difficult circumstances. I'm not sure what some people were expecting really.

Back
Top Bottom