Does Bentley go down as our worst pound for pound signing?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does anybody know if Spurs had to pay the additional 2 million on add-ons from the Bentley signing? If his transfer is 17 million he is the worst signing for the mere fact that he is our most expensive transfer. If it's at 15million, I'll give the slight edge to Rebrov. At least Bentley had a part in us qualifying and playing in the Champions League. And of course his goal against Woolwich.

:bentley:

In answer to the thread question: Yes

Not to say he is the worst player to put on the shirt but fee pro rata nothing touches it.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/TottenhamHotspurPlayerTransferHistory1908-2009.html

The amount we sold Ramon Vega made me laugh on this site of all our transfers. Quite shocking on the amount we valued some of these players.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/TottenhamHotspurPlayerTransferHistory1908-2009.html

The amount we sold Ramon Vega made me laugh on this site of all our transfers. Quite shocking on the amount we valued some of these players.

Beat me to it by one post - Vega was the worst player I ever saw at WHL ... possibly equaled by Docherty. As for the biggest waste of money ..... it really is between Bentley and Rebrov although I remember Bentley having an impact on more games then Rebrov did (West Ham away, FA Cup 5th/6th round).

Postiga was worse than Rebrov!

Bentley had some good moments, but never lived up to the quality his price tag (and ego) suggested.

Came in here to mention Postiga, imagine if this place was around back when we were about to sign him? :chicco: you'd have people jizzing left right and centre at the thought of us snapping up some hot shot young superstar from Porto.

Back
Top Bottom