Does Bentley go down as our worst pound for pound signing?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blimey, he looks scary in that photo! The one I have on my wall makes him look adorable, he's even got his tongue out for concentration (which is what I do). I'll put mine up tomorrow.

Can't be far off of it.

By far his biggest contribution was kicking our mini rude boy back into shape.

Levy must be fuming writing that amount off.

I can hear this purse strings tightening from here :levywtf:
Levy would have written that amount off when filing the clubs taxation return under Expenses: Useless Cunts!!

If we are talking about who cost us the most money for the least return, it has to be

Bentley
Rebrov

and if Levy hadn't pulled out an absolute stunner and fooled Villa into taking him, Bent would be right up there. As it was Villa have him as their worst signing... unless they can get any money for him. What did Bent cost us? £18m wasn't it? Just didn't fit our style of play. That's where we need a DOF/Scout on the same page as a manager, buying players who fit our style of play.

that's where there is a huge danger in having the CEO buy players - look at the Chavs with Shevchenko. Best striker in the world, but didn't fit. A case could be made for Torres too. And a great warning to us creaming ourselves about a potential signing...

If we are talking about who cost us the most money for the least return, it has to be

Bentley
Rebrov

and if Levy hadn't pulled out an absolute stunner and fooled Villa into taking him, Bent would be right up there. As it was Villa have him as their worst signing... unless they can get any money for him. What did Bent cost us? £18m wasn't it? Just didn't fit our style of play. That's where we need a DOF/Scout on the same page as a manager, buying players who fit our style of play.

that's where there is a huge danger in having the CEO buy players - look at the Chavs with Shevchenko. Best striker in the world, but didn't fit. A case could be made for Torres too. And a great warning to us creaming ourselves about a potential signing...

Bent went to Sunderland before joining Villa, but yes, Levy recouped most of that money

Wiki said:
Bent signed for Sunderland on 5 August for an initial fee of £10 million plus potential additional payments, which later rose to £16.5 million

Sorry maria , but as far as transfers go Gio's was a disaster.

Made even worse by virtue of the fact that he could have been a much better player than most of the others named in this thread.

:gio:

Speaking of Gio (Johnny Two Saints - best nickname ever?), rumor has it he may be transferred to LA Galaxy which I think would be sort of awesome. What with Robbie Keane and even Cundiccini the Galaxy has sort of become a home for wayward Spurs. Probably Gio would do well in MLS. /shrug

Not contributing the the question of the thread but there you go.

Back
Top Bottom