Does Bentley go down as our worst pound for pound signing?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gio 2S was absolutely rank compared to his fee of, what, £6-7-8m pounds?

I'd literally scythe down people on the pitch to earn the right to play for Spurs, and this very talented young fella just pissed away a career at mighty Barcelona, then my belowed Spurs and now barely makes and impression for Mallorca.

C*nt.

Some of the goals Gio scores for Mexico are crazy good which makes his signing so frustrating. I remember thinking after one his first games at Chelsea he had potential.... Such a waste.

Digressing slightly I thought the Morrocan fella El Hamdoui was going to be a star for spurs...

Bentley was always an odd one for me. I never actually liked him as a player. Not versatile enough and one dimensional.

Some of the goals Gio scores for Mexico are crazy good which makes his signing so frustrating. I remember thinking after one his first games at Chelsea he had potential.... Such a waste.

Digressing slightly I thought the Morrocan fella El Hamdoui was going to be a star for spurs...

Bentley was always an odd one for me. I never actually liked him as a player. Not versatile enough and one dimensional.

Gio failing at Spurs will haunt me for the rest of my life lol :(

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Always loved that quote. Especially as the interwebz is full of one eyed kings.

Darren bent was a one trick pony, so was bentley. There are a few things to be thankful for in each case. But neither could ever be seen as having lived up to potential.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/TottenhamHotspurPlayerTransferHistory1908-2009.html

The amount we sold Ramon Vega made me laugh on this site of all our transfers. Quite shocking on the amount we valued some of these players.

Their entry for that cunt fucking off to the goons made me laugh. Then again I'm probably the last person in the world to spot it.

Pound for pound?

gx2Jonl.jpg

Hossam "not fit to wear the shirt" Ghaly. Scored a couple of great goals, but what a waste, rotted in the reserves after "the shirt incident".
I had forgotten about that shit. I went fucking apoeshit at that game cos of that. Only once have i been angrier watching football, and it were a game i was watching on TV. Woolwich v ManUre. Sheringham scored for Manure (which was funny), and then kissed their badge. I completely lost it, screamed "cunt" at the telly, and walked out the pub.

Hossam "not fit to wear the shirt" Ghaly. Scored a couple of great goals, but what a waste, rotted in the reserves after "the shirt incident".

I always felt a bit sorry for Ghaly...our fans were being cunts to him that day and the frustration of being a sub that gets subbed got to him. It didnt help that the crowd cheered when Jol took him off.

He apologised for his behaviour (more than Berbatov and Modric ever did, and their behaviour was a million times worse)

I think later, Redknapp had him changed and ready to come on, but didnt dare when the boos started ringing around the ground. He didnt make the sub in the end, and that was the last we saw of him.

Back
Top Bottom