Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've been very much against Episode II Return of the Poch but.....

Other options are all uninspiring. All of them.
The Kane news is potentially driving this one. If there is one thing that could change his mind it's Poch and a promise he'll be well and truly backed this time.
Yh I feel pretty much the same. was against the idea initially but looking at the candidates no-one really convinces me .

Think i would be happy with him coming back as long as it's the Poch who made big calls and dropped the deadwood like he did at start of his tenure with us. Really has to raise the bar though after how it ended.

Normally i'd say never go back but once Naglesmann was off to Bayern it was always a fairly underwhelming choice. Still think a big rebuild with an experienced DOF is the way to go but that doesn't look like happening. If we're just going for a manager Poch is better than pretty much all the other candidates bar probably Conte. What concerns me is all of the junk still in the squad and Pochs ability to spot a player.

The idea of Poch returning is of course appealing. No Spurs fan will tell you otherwise.

But I am also very vary about it. It feels way too soon. He would have to be allowed to do a full rebuild. And as much as he spoke about it I fear that he may have some form of weird loyalty to some players that may need to be moved on in it.

I won't revolt if it is him. But it feels way too soon.

Normally i'd say never go back but once Naglesmann was off to Bayern it was always a fairly underwhelming choice. Still think a big rebuild with an experienced DOF is the way to go but that doesn't look like happening. If we're just going for a manager Poch is better than pretty much all the other candidates bar probably Conte. What concerns me is all of the junk still in the squad and Pochs ability to spot a player.
Or bring back Jose?

Possibly. It will end in tears though. It’s the same squad that stopped listening to him 18 months ago. It will be a complete waste of time.
Agree unless we go and have a massive clear out it won't work, will get caught up in the hype if it did happen though :pochrolleyes:

has any club rehired a sacked manager barring Mourinho at Chelsea ? this story is unfortunately dead in the waters
Monaco brought back Jardim 4 months after he got sacked the first time. It ended in heart break.

It happens in Italy a fair bit, usually with the sacked manager coming back to see out the season when his replacement fails.

Poch has been gone longer than most of these cases. But the squad is still too similar to the one he left is my big worry.

I’d love Poch to come back but only if he is ready to be ruthless with his old favourites. There are players in our squad who absolutely must leave the club if we are going to move forward. Poch has to do to Winks, Lucas, Sissoko etc what he did to Kaboul and Adebayor.

Would love Poch back, but PSG presumably won’t just let him out of his contract?

He only has 12 months left on the short team deal they gave him. Wouldn’t cost much to buy him out.

With the links to Rangnick and Ten Hag I see it as we are willing to change the structure of the club, but that might just be me holding out hope.

I will also say as much as I hate Levy I don't think he is a complete moron and keeping Hitchen as the main football guy, whether he is called DOF or not, is absolutely moronic. I honestly don't think there is a single person- Levy In, Levy out, media, fan, former player that thinks that Hitchen should stay in that role and that we shouldn't bring in a proper DOF. It is the one thing I think every one agrees on, even if who that should be differs. So how can Levy keep the same set up? It is beyond idiotic and unexcusable.

But if that is what is happening then I still care a little because as we saw Poch could do much better than Jose both in results and style but fuck me that will fucking horrible to see Hitchen still making transfer decisions.
Yeah but I’d Levy even asking himself the question? If I had to be I’d bet on Hitchen still being here next season.

Back
Top Bottom