Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think the Conte rumour is true tbh. Firstly Inters finances are not great and they have to sell in order to buy. I'm thinking Conte is aware of all this and doesn't think he can better what he has achieved.

Doing whatever it takes financially to land Conte is exactly what I asked for and would be a massive coup for the club and an excellent job by Levy.

But because I'm a hypocritical moany cunt, I cannot help but note the bone-deep ideology of being the highest paid chairman in the league in the most expensive stadium in the league, willing to splash top-of-market salaries for management but remaining pathologically miserly about labor compensation. Capital gonna capital.

Our players aren't that bad, if we get to keep Kane and Conte becomes manager, I'd say two new midfielders along with having Skip, and a decent RB and CB would put us up there where we were in the good years of Poch. For me Ndomble, Winks, Sissoko have to go, we'd get something for the later two and £40/50m for Ndombele. GLC is okay as a squad player but no for the first 11 unless he improves. We need 4 decent £50m+ Conte purchase players which isn't all that much to ask of a team with CL and trophy ambitions. .....

.... anyway back to being realist ''Hello Martinez, Goodbye Kane.

My Chelsea mate is worried we'd get him and said "that's the one that could make Kane stay"

It could be worth throwing money at Conte to keep Kane rather than lose him and waste 100m of some champo level replacement.
Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

Allegri, Poch, and Conte (maaaaaybe you could make an argument for Rodgers) are on a seperate tier from everyone else that's been discussed just in terms of their proven quality as top-level managers.

And even of that tier, Conte stands apart. You could compellingly argue he's the 3rd best manager in the world.

Doubting that Conte will come given Ali Golds latest QA. Basically unless something big changed we aren't interested and also said we are skint for the forseeable.

Basically someone on a free who will take what they are told this Summer.

Conte is basically who Levy thought Mourinho was.

Would be interesting to see something other than the Italian press report this, though. We've been linked with basically every Italian manager under the sun the past month.

Ali Gold is currently doing a q&a for Football London, this was his response to Conte:

“Unless something has changed drastically in the past 24 hours, Conte was not one of the candidates for the Tottenham job. A lot of what I'm seeing in the Italian media feels a bit like a challenge from his people to Inter to back him for next season. Spurs are hoping to name their new manager within the next seven or eight days if they can come to an agreement with their top candidate's club..”

I really like AG and think he is definitely the most reliable 'ITK' (if you wanna call him that) we have. That being said, I do recall him saying in one of his videos about a month before Poch was sacked (when the JM rumours were starting to circulate) that he couldn't see JM being someone the Club would go for because of the way Levy operated and that JM would be looking too much money and he understand he wasn't of interest.

It seems the Club trust him with a lot of information but he has admittedly said they have kept their cards close to their chest with this and he may be more in the dark about the whole thing than he would lead us to believe.

The longer this goes on, the more embarrassing the outcome will be anyway
It's been 2 days?

I'm confused as hell by these comments. This isn't the Bundesliga where they announce managers in current jobs months in advance. The fastest it could have been would have been literally yesterday unless we were targeting someone not currently employed.

Getting a DoF that Conte likes would make me feel a lot better about his appointment I will say that. A layer between Conte and Levy.

If and that’s a big if we get a DoF and he has full control to support Conte I will support getting Conte. Has to be done properly.

Why he's overseen Juve's demise in CL & seen them gone from total dominance of Serie A to finish 4th 13pts behind winners, meaning no Champions League?

It's been 2 days?

I'm confused as hell by these comments. This isn't the Bundesliga where they announce managers in current jobs months in advance. The fastest it could have been would have been literally yesterday unless we were targeting someone not currently employed.
It’s more frustrating that it’s reported we’re announcing the manager shortly but there is no anchor name out there, everyone seems to be ruled out at some point by those who have some inside knowledge. Why the fuck no one knows anything? Sounds like we’re making some sneaky WW3 moves not appoint a man who will train a bunch of donkeys. Unless Levy can’t agree a deal with the main target or his club which is typical of him to fail on the last hurdle.

Gazetta are a reputable source and they are saying Conte will part ways with Inter in the next 24 to 48 hours. Its done...he's outta there.
The fact that Conte is leaving Inter is practically sure by the way it's been reported everywhere
Whether he would be interested in joining us to me it's an entirely different matter

Maybe I'm just a little cynical at the moment, but I don't see the point in Conte with the team we currently have. He might be a good coach but feels like we will get the same result from him as we got from Jose.

Until this team gets a refresh, any incoming coach is going to struggle to get significant results out of them. So, if a rebuild is what we really need, isn't bringing in a Conte and not a potentially longer-term coach that can instill a new vision literally just Jose part 2?

Why he's overseen Juve's demise in CL & seen them gone from total dominance of Serie A to finish 4th 13pts behind winners, meaning no Champions League?

And yet I would still be more happy having someone Conte likes rather than a direct line to Levy. Can’t see a direct Conte Levy relationship working at all’s. Doesn’t have to be this guy but someone.

Allegri, Poch, and Conte (maaaaaybe you could make an argument for Rodgers) are on a seperate tier from everyone else that's been discussed just in terms of their proven quality as top-level managers.

And even of that tier, Conte stands apart. You could compellingly argue he's the 3rd best manager in the world.
I pretty much agree with you.

I'd say Conte and Allegri > Poch and Rodgers - different groups in terms of history and status. I'd also say Conte is better than Allegri.

In short, I'm not even sure why people are debating. If Conte is available, Spurs should go for him.

Back
Top Bottom