Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
Sorry but this is bullshit. I love Poch but if we get him back it's because we can't find anyone decent to take the job. Or more likely nobody decent actually wants to take the job.

So let's get the guy who can put his arm around shit players like Winks and hopefully that will make them happy enough to play a bit better and save us having to make hard, tough decisions and rip the squad apart, which is what we actually need to do.

Plus all the angry ENIC out mob will quieten down now we've got our lovely, cuddly hero Poch back.

It's a cynical move by Levy and some people are already falling for it.

Sorry but I'm fed up of bullshit conjecture like this. Get proof and stop shitting on our club.

BTW you can be 'Poch in' and still be a 'Levy out' person - they're not mutually exclusive.

I hope Poch comes back, but recognise things would still need to change. I would want Levy to step right fucking back and have a DOF help Poch out with transfers etc.

I'm not convinced that will happen, whomever we get as manager though.

While I see absolute sense in the club appointing a DoF with an over arching vision, and Levy stepping away from the day-to-day, Ive seen nothing from Poch to suggest he would be happy in that set up.

His time with the club saw him go from coach to manager, with greater and greater say on transfers (and, IMO,less success...)

I do actually think Rangnick, with his youth approach and high pressing philosophy could work very well with Poch, supplying the players Poch would like - but I really dont know that Poch would be interested in that set up at all.

Hopefully him leaving and going to PSG and the failure of Mourinho has taught both Poch and Levy hard lessons

Levy needs to have learned to stay away from the football side of it and Poch that he needs someone to help him with players

Both need to have set the ego aside this time for it work

Hopefully him leaving and going to PSG and the failure of Mourinho has taught both Poch and Levy hard lessons

Levy needs to have learned to stay away from the football side of it and Poch that he needs someone to help him with players

Both need to have set the ego aside this time for it work

All true, but what are the chances?

Ive seen nothing to suggest either side has learned that lesson, so blind hope is all there is to back it as a good idea...

Poch is now 8/11 on with the bookies (oddschecker)

Next candidate is a long way off - Conte at 8/1

chances are this is happening.

I have misgivings but the return of Poch is a damn sight better than the majority of names on our shortlist.

If Poch returns no way is he taking the job without some cast-iron assurances. So all this Levy 'yes man' stuff is utter bollocks.

Personally not too keen on the idea as feels too soon and is definitely a late after-thought by Levy which isn't promising.

Poch is now 8/11 on with the bookies (oddschecker)

Next candidate is a long way off - Conte at 8/1

chances are this is happening.

I have misgivings but the return of Poch is a damn sight better than the majority of names on our shortlist.

Id pay no mind to odds, they mean nothing.

A couple of days ago Martinez was a dead cert, or Espirito Santo, last night was Conte....

Its just reflective of betting patterns, driven by media - which is 99% bullshit anyway

Loved Poch the person, hoped he would win stuff, sad when it ended but it was the right decision.

But a Poch return has all the marks of Levy's "Easy way out" answer.

Rather than get the new coach and back them, bring back the popular coach, hope he reignites the team and gets the most out of them.

Wouldn't be Spurs if we didn't have one foot in the past.

Back
Top Bottom