Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
Id pay no mind to odds, they mean nothing.

A couple of days ago Martinez was a dead cert, or Espirito Santo, last night was Conte....

Its just reflective of betting patterns, driven by media - which is 99% bullshit anyway
Obviously they mean something or the bookies would all go bust...
With everyone else falling away and Poch failing to win the French league I reckon its happening

But yeah its not nailed on of course, never suggested it was.

I will be honest, i dont think Poch coming back is the right decision for us or for him, but if he does come back i will get goose bumps signing "he is magic you know" in our first game back at the Lane! We have always been wondering what would have happened if Poch was backed more and Levy gave him the rebuild , looks like we might finally get our chance to see what he can do, even if he just makes football enjoyable again it will be a upgrade on Jose!

I know, I know...I foolishly placed this bet last night...

Screenshot-20210527-100803.jpg

If Poch returns no way is he taking the job without some cast-iron assurances. So all this Levy 'yes man' stuff is utter bollocks.

Personally not too keen on the idea as feels too soon and is definitely a late after-thought by Levy which isn't promising.

First paragraph is key but I am dubious but also if he has refreshed and now realises this is his club then we may have the stability we need.

What Pochettino wants is the ability to build his philosophy and belief and he knows we offered and still offer just that.

Sorry but this is bullshit. I love Poch but if we get him back it's because we can't find anyone decent to take the job. Or more likely nobody decent actually wants to take the job.

So let's get the guy who can put his arm around shit players like Winks and hopefully that will make them happy enough to play a bit better and save us having to make hard, tough decisions and rip the squad apart, which is what we actually need to do.

Plus all the angry ENIC out mob will quieten down now we've got our lovely, cuddly hero Poch back.

It's a cynical move by Levy and some people are already falling for it.
Absolutely this.

Im one of Poch’s biggest fans and I’ve often been ridiculed on here for “not letting him go” when referencing him in the past.

But this is such a cheap cop out move by Levy. He’s essentially abusing Poch’s love for the club as well as the fans love for him.

Any hope of clearing out deadwood players like Sanchez, Dier, Winks etc will die if Poch returns.

This is an utterly ridiculous appointment and frankly, I’m somewhat disappointed that Poch didn’t have the self respect to tell Levy that now wasn’t the right time, because make no mistake if (or probably when) he fails again, it could permanently destroy his reputation as a manager.

Back
Top Bottom