Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
PSG have now triggered the additional year in Poch’s contract, keeping him there until 2023. If it’s true that Poch isn’t happy in Paris, and wants to leave, he’s now pretty much trapped?

I've been retired for a few months now, but when I was working (in a job that required thinking/planning etc) I found that if I took a small break it would give me time to unscramble my head, sort things out and return with good ideas.
It was energising. Hopefully this works for Poch too.
Well he had a small break before he became
manager at PSG

That didn’t work out very well

Don't get me wrong - loved Poch. But towards the end, his interviews were increasingly bizarre, his team selections and in game management were questionable at best & right at the end he looked a broken man. If he came back I’d give him all my support all over again, but would it really be any different? The nearly man with the nearly team. Levy fucked it up by not backing him in those 18 months when we didn’t sign anyone. That was unforgivable as it turned out and it will likely repeat itself unless and until we freshen it up at the club with some genuine investment in quality.
But being in the 3rd tier European competition doesn’t scream out “ambition and success” to many top players or managers for that matter.

It’d probably be cheaper to buy ten hag out of his contract compared to the prices being bandied about how much poch would cost

There is an Ajax fan on here who posted a long time ago that Ten Hag doesn't really want to manage in England, he prefers German football if he is to ever leave Ajax. So buying out his contract is not even an option if he has turned us down

There is an Ajax fan on here who posted a long time ago that Ten Hag doesn't really want to manage in England, he prefers German football if he is to ever leave Ajax. So buying out his contract is not even an option if he has turned us down
Alasdair Gold said ten Hag is interested in becoming the manager.

Somewhat unlikely for Daniel isn’t it? Unless he really wants Poch
Down to poch end of day. Way i see it psg didnt fully trust poch giving him just an 18 month deal now all of a sudden extend his contract based on not winning league which is normally a gimme. Likelihood is if he dont win league next year he will be sacked. Ball is in his court. Either way we need to put it to bed and not drag on. We need to rebuild. Think developments will happen tomorrow imo.

Down to poch end of day. Way i see it psg didnt fully trust poch giving him just an 18 month deal now all of a sudden extend his contract based on not winning league which is normally a gimme. Likelihood is if he dont win league next year he will be sacked. Ball is in his court. Either way we need to put it to bed and not drag on. We need to rebuild. Think developments will happen tomorrow imo.

Hopefully it won’t be too much longer now, we really need to get this rebuild under way ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom