Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

cf78f0522b5730463fb192093db0cc38.jpg

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F1c0d64de-dbb6-3343-8911-1f301159ec08.jpg

spurs_double_team_photo1961.jpg
90-91 10th
91-92 15th
92-93 8th
93-94 15th
94-95 7th
95-96 8th
96-97 10th
97-98 14th
98-99 11th
99-00 10th
00-01 12th

Enic took over in 2001 not 1985

fuck. You guys are all either teenagers or OAP’s with Alzheimer’s 🤣🤣

Tottenham's Premier League finishes since 2011-12​

2011-124th
2012-135th
2013-146th
2014-155th
2015-163rd
2016-172nd
2017-183rd
2018-194th
2019-206th
2020-217th

that’s way better than we used to be.

Notice the trend from 16-17 till now?

What do you think will happen when we sell Kane and Son buy the replacements on the cheap and get a cheap manager who is a yes man in?

We lucked out with getting the best striker in the world through our accademy Kane, and lots of the youngest we signed coming good at once

Levy then moved away from that scrapped the scouting department and refused to spend the money to take the next step

Once Kane and Son leave and we don't reinvest the money properly we will be slugging it out in 10th or worse again

Plan IMO was obviously to sell the club this year but covid fucked it and now the parasites will hang on until they get a sale

It's a grim few years ahead

Last edited:
Fuck it. Let’s move on.

Spurs were way more shite before Enic. We haven’t finished outside the top 6 since 2012 up until the current season.

this is not a disaster. We have the best stadium and training facilities certainly in England and maybe the world. With COVID the club doesn’t have a lot of cash floating around (no clubs do other than those with major benefactors).

I get fed up with reading the negative shit without people grasping the positives. Yes Kane will be sold in all likelihood because that’s what he wants, not what Levy wants. The money will be useful at reinvesting in the team.

Enic have been good. I can’t remember the last time we finished behind Arsesmell.

Daniel?

Wonder what Conte is thinking, he probably wasn't expecting the club to pull out.

Rejected by Real Madrid and Tottenham in the same window.

Not sure when a big opportunity will come up for him, he's burned his bridges in Italy. Bayern prefer German managers and all of the other big clubs in this country have settled managers, United won't get rid of OGS.

PSG is probably the only opportunity, but the players there won't stand for Conte's shit. Neymar will not be training like a dog, he's too cultured for that. Conte's questionable record in Europe must put them off too. They are also pretty keen to hold onto Poch atm.

Conte is definitely not Barcelona's kind of manager and Atletico have Simeoene.

Wonder what Conte is thinking, he probably wasn't expecting the club to pull out.

Not sure when a big opportunity will come up for him, he's burned his bridges in Italy. Bayern prefer German managers and all of the other big clubs in this country have settled managers, United won't get rid of OGS.

PSG is probably the only opportunity, but the players there won't stand for Conte's shit. Neymar will not be training like a dog, he's too cultured for that. Conte's questionable record in Europe must put them off too. They are also pretty keen to hold onto Poch atm.

Conte is an elite manager, he will be absolutely fine. He won the league at Inter Milan and Juventus, every club in Italy would love to have him there. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him end up at United when Ole fails to win anything.

It is true that the elite of the elite tend to be suspicious of the likes of Conte, or in fairness Poch.

Meanwhile Ancelotti who above all else keeps elite talents happy and effectively deployed has been at Juve, Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid, Bayern, and now Real Madrid again.

Allegri is that sort of manager as well. Zidane can have that kind of career if he wants it.

It is true that the elite of the elite tend to be suspicious of the likes of Conte, or in fairness Poch.

Meanwhile Ancelotti who above all else keeps elite talents happy and effectively deployed has been at Juve, Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid, Bayern, and now Real Madrid again.

Allegri is that sort of manager as well. Zidane can have that kind of career if he wants it.

It's because Conte likes to build his own teams, a lot of clubs now prefer to hire coaches to manage a set of players. This ensures you're not left with unwanted players / players wanting to leave once a manager is out of the door.

Ancelotti can manage any group of players.

Conte can't, it's his way or no way.

Conte is an elite manager, he will be absolutely fine. He won the league at Inter Milan and Juventus, every club in Italy would love to have him there. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him end up at United when Ole fails to win anything.

My worry now is that lot up the road see an opportunity and take him.

Levy deserves that to happen but our fans don’t. Genuinely worried about the club and it’s direction. I see nothing back backwards steps for the near future.

We have a world class stadium. A training ground with gym equipment. and unfortunately we are in a global pandemic so the ticket prices are going to have to be raised unfortunately to keep in line with current wage demands

it’s completely out of ENICS hands. You guys act like the owners spend all day out on a super yacht in the Bahamas.

I'm fearful Woolwich will get him and the failed negotiations we've had will just give the psycho winner added fire to kill us. We'll that's my nightmare at least.

ENIC just proving they have zero ambition once again.

Club is going nowhere, we will end up with a Martinez now, it's also clear Levy and co have fuck all intent to revamp the squad.

If Kane has a brain he should leave and go and win some trophies.

I doubt that Kroenke wants to spend that level of money and pay off another manager.

He is very much like Levy in that he wants to spend as little as possible to get to top 4 and no more than that.

Pages and pages demanding - rightly - that Levy stops interfering and appoints a DoF

So negotiations take place with Fabio Paratici, one of the most respected DoF's in the game, for him to join Spurs as our Sporting Director ... this would hopefully bring much needed oversight and long term planning to our playing staff and academy.

Then out of left field comes the option to appoint Conte, a big time proven winning manager one of the highest profile in the game, but also a total control freak.

So here's the dilemma: Conte wants full control of the transfer budget and squad selection, he's all about the short term and winning something .... that puts him in direct opposition to Fabio who is all about long term when it comes to recruitment and contracts.

So what do you want? After months and months of demanding a DoF should that plan now be binned and instead we leap in with yet another here today gone tomorrow manager?

Should we stick with a DoF and tell Conte to go feck himself?

Or should we try and appoint both and hope to high heaven the wheels don't come off in six months?

Come on backseat CEO's you have all the answers ... so what would you do?

and for the morons who will press disagree without the ability to comment - you sad fecks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom