Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Up until a week ago, Conte had 3 votes on this poll. 3!

And now your all pissed it's looking doubtful?

Fans didn't want him because his reluctance to built youth and his demanding and controlling style. So if Levy has rejected on this basis, he has done exactly what you wanted!!!

Climbing the football ladder can't be done quickly. It takes time. Be patient and enjoy the football. Its much more fun being the underdog.
It's the mess that it's made in doing it all. It makes other coaches look like afterthoughts if we have to seek someone else now. It looks embarrassing because we've been turned down for not being ambitious. There was hype, because he is a top coach, let's face it, and now that's been crashed... and we've been waiting to sort this out since April.

Fans didn't want him because his reluctance to built youth and his demanding and controlling style. So if Levy has rejected on this basis, he has done exactly what you wanted!!!

Climbing the football ladder can't be done quickly. It takes time. Be patient and enjoy the football. Its much more fun being the underdog.

What are you talking about?

Most fans wanted the manager to have more control over transfers and players.

The club is utterly pointless - how he has the nerve to charge what he does when we operate like absolute peasants is beyond me

conference league was made for us under levy

Fans are pissed because the managerial search looks a right mess, when other clubs seemed to have a plan and executed quickly. To be fair, we’re not privy to what’s going on and there’s a hell of a lot of internet noise, so I will wait to see what happens.

Enjoy the football? What do you think the fans have been calling out for this past season? I think most fans are reasonable about what it takes for progress to be made, but, again, exactly how much progress have we made?

Levy must have know before talks started that Conte would be demanding in terms of staff & players (he wants to win things) would Levy get the players needed in ? (think we know he would not) so why start talks with Conte ?

Hahahaha Conte has doubts due to the budget he will be given. I mean that has now just put off all other top managers as well. We all know where this is going, we've been Levy fucked again. Martinez will be appointed with next to no budget, Kane leaves and that money vanishes into the black hole, with a token amount being spent on a player that Levy wants and negotiates for that turns out to be a flop! Levy and ENIC continue to fuck this club harder than Leeroy does you Mrs while you're at work!

Fuck it. Let’s move on.

Spurs were way more shite before Enic. We haven’t finished outside the top 6 since 2012 up until the current season.

this is not a disaster. We have the best stadium and training facilities certainly in England and maybe the world. With COVID the club doesn’t have a lot of cash floating around (no clubs do other than those with major benefactors).

I get fed up with reading the negative shit without people grasping the positives. Yes Kane will be sold in all likelihood because that’s what he wants, not what Levy wants. The money will be useful at reinvesting in the team.

Enic have been good. I can’t remember the last time we finished behind Arsesmell.
Morning, Daniel, how's that manager search going?

If I thought Conte was possible I would of voted for him straight away, he’s one of the best managers in the world and fell straight on our lap

The fact he had interest in jointing and we’ve walked away because he wants to win things, Shows how much of a joke we are, not only that we’ve spent 3 days negotiating something for no reason, if we knew we couldn’t back him, it should of been a very quick enquiry to see if he would work under our conditions.

Now we’re back to square one, the whole footballing world knows we have no ambition and other managers know they’re not a 1st 2nd or likely 3rd choice, the only person I can realistically see us ending up with now is fucking Martinez, which would be utterly depressing.

We’ve had months to sort out a new manager, and we’ve completely fucked it up, clearly has been no plan, whole thing is a mess

Levy must have know before talks started that Conte would be demanding in terms of staff & players (he wants to win things) would Levy get the players needed in ? (think we know he would not) so why start talks with Conte ?
He didn't start talks, Conte has been sunning himself on holiday in Italy. This was a stunt fed to 'access' journalists to boost season ticket renewals.

Fuck it. Let’s move on.

Spurs were way more shite before Enic. We haven’t finished outside the top 6 since 2012 up until the current season.

this is not a disaster. We have the best stadium and training facilities certainly in England and maybe the world. With COVID the club doesn’t have a lot of cash floating around (no clubs do other than those with major benefactors).

I get fed up with reading the negative shit without people grasping the positives. Yes Kane will be sold in all likelihood because that’s what he wants, not what Levy wants. The money will be useful at reinvesting in the team.

Enic have been good. I can’t remember the last time we finished behind Arsesmell.
What are our options for manager though? Who are we left with

Joe Lewis is worth billions though isn't he. Surely he needs to speculate to accumulate. We are fuck all use to him as a mid table team with long term debt.

Invest a large sum now and reap the benefits...
Joe has put 20M into the club in over 20 years. Like me putting in a quid.
Nothing will change until this speculative old fuck dies

delete the club, let’s start again a la Wimbledon

He didn't start talks, Conte has been sunning himself on holiday in Italy. This was a stunt fed to 'access' journalists to boost season ticket renewals.
Haha I’m sure we spoke with his agent but likely a short convo when his agent realised that Div 1 clubs have more to spend and greater ambition than our investment leverage vehicle

This is a bit of an ameteur hour shit show really.

No one reeeally knows what's gone on I suppose except it's likely either we were in talks with a world class manager who doubted our ambition or one we wouldn't give any money to or were quibbling about his wages. And all of this because maybe we weren't prepared to pay poch's release fee.

Meanwhile we've had a world class stadium for a while now and still not managed to sell the naming rights that would provide a spanking cash injection considering our billionaire owner isn't forking out.

How can this not all point to levy being an absolute clown of a business man?

I'm surprised the new dof isn't just a cardboard cut out. His job is probably going to have him filing his research in the bin.

I don’t quite get the anger: Conte’s not coming because he can’t buy a ready-made team as if he’s playing real-life FIFA, he’s ex-Chelsea and clearly a bit of a dick. He’s like an amped-up Jose. I was amazed so many people wanted him and clearly he doesn’t rate himself as a coach if he thinks he can’t take on a project and actually improve players. I was excited as if he came it meant there was a massive transfer fund: he doesn’t seem to be, but we’re no worse off than we were a few weeks back.

I’m worried we’ll end up with a coach I don’t rate but we won’t know anything until the season starts and the first few games are played - even without transfers. That’s part of the joyous jeopardy of it all.

Back
Top Bottom