Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They are not devaluing their investment.
The eventual NFL franchise is the goal.
It has been a masterstroke
They even admitted this themselves when our own head of marketing let the cat out the bag.

I know this is the wrong thread but it's still worth reminding ourselves how gullible, hoodwinked and deluded our own fanbase allowed itself to become.

It is an NFL stadium

Tottenham may be the anchor tennants, but it was always built primarily with NFL in mind

Tottenham’s new stadium to offer NFL a ‘permanent home’ in London

Fucking anchor tennants.

How belittling to a once great football club

Last edited:
In all honesty every Spurs fan probably owes a debt of gratitude to Antonio Conte this morning.

He's surely exposed Levy as the lying, conniving fraud he is to even his most fanatical of followers.
Levy will not lose one minute of sleep over whether the fans are happy or not.

He is all soundbites - he probably strung Conte along just long enough to pass the season ticket renewal date.

What was hiring Jose about if not to win trophies immediately?? So if Conte wants to rebuild using transfer funds and not through younger players then so what. Surely that's what we need to do??? Young players will come through in good time with the right coaching set up there. But you want to propel the team to trophies and top 4 then you need to fucking SPEND. Honestly fucking joke club
Jose only got the Job because he told Levy what he wanted to hear.

He told Levy we had a fantastic squad and that he could win things with no additions.

No way Jose would have got the job if he'd told Levy the truth and demanded a healthy transfer budget like Conte apparently did.

I don’t think he’s had a massive kitty at any club and I don’t think he demanded that here
We don’t know what he wanted here - you’re right. If it’s 50m, then rightly anger; if it’s more to ‘compete right away’ (so CBs, RB, at least one new MF) then it would need to be big money we don’t have. Quick Google says he’s the third highest spending manager in the world, and has spent 677m Euros since 2016. That’s what - 150m a year(ish)? Not sure he’s the right fit for Levy.

We don’t know what he wanted here - you’re right. If it’s 50m, then rightly anger; if it’s more to ‘compete right away’ (so CBs, RB, at least one new MF) then it would need to be big money we don’t have. Quick Google says he’s the third highest spending manager in the world, and has spent 677m Euros since 2016. That’s what - 150m a year(ish)? Not sure he’s the right fit for Levy.
After 10’years of zero net spend prior to the last two years, we need to spend at least that to compete. Levy should have got investment into the club to fund the rebuild, either borrowing from Lewis or selling a minority stake

I should think every club in premier league is laughing at us right now . If you want to be a successful club/ business then don’t you hire the best . Speculate to accumulate was how I ran my decorating business you want the best people working for you. So you pay top dollar to get them and keep them .

I certainly don’t want Rafa, but I actually wouldn’t mind Parker. OK, sure he’s a loser with Fulham but I see a certain fire in him and a good amount of football intelligence that can probably do something with our squad, even without Kane.

Mason, Parker Maybe Rafa and that's it. I think Potter would rather stay at Brighton.

That’s my fear all these fans saying we are too big for Potter, he is going to look at us and think I’ll wait for another big club instead of the Spurs shitshow. We have degraded the entire reputation Pochettino built at this club, if Ten Hag or Potter will accept we should grab with both hands or be left with the likes of Martinez.

And the reason we don't have naming rights is because the bald gooner cunt has ruined many a offers already thinking he's smarter than everyone else - greedy scum maggot

Now post Covid we're fucked to get even half of those

Think of all the money we have already lost. If we got a £15m a year deal we would have £30m extra but we probably want £20m instead, by the time this comes we will have lost £45m worth of stadium sponsor all for a slightly bit more per year

Penny wise Pound foolish!

After 10’years of zero net spend prior to the last two years, we need to spend at least that to compete. Levy should have got investment into the club to fund the rebuild, either borrowing from Lewis or selling a minority stake
But he hasn’t, so he has to play the hand that’s available. Also, net spend over past 5 (as we were competing quite well 5 years ago iirc) has been in the region of 100m? Still not loads compared to City and Utd, but overall spend around the same as those clubs around us. The last two summers we’ve spent the best part of 100m in each - I don’t remember losing any players that people on here were sobbing over in those windows (apart from ‘Champo’ Trippier and ‘lazy c*** Eriksen’)...let’s not reinvent history just to be angry at someone we don’t like. Levy fucked up a few years back (together with Poch) in not refreshing the team; he replaced one manager with one of the most successful managers in history - it didn’t work; he’s seemingly brought in a DoF and now needs a coach. The half a billion is currently not available (but may be with some moderate success getting back into CL, some intelligent buying and selling and - yes - revenue from tickets and NFL games and concerts).

Goal number 1 has to be to compete with the likes of Everton, Arse, Leicester to make sure we get ahead of them consistently into the top 4. After time, and reinvestment, this pays for better players etcetera. A trophy (FA Cup at least) is nice along the way; Europa conference would be - I imagine - pretty much a minimum. It’s not what a lot of fans want to hear, but it works in cycles, and takes time.

I have it on good authority that the bloke in the ice cream van was merely a Conte look-a-likey. He's driven back up the A10 and is currently parked up round the back of Stevenage.

nyHGvKT.jpg

Edited, to add more abuse.

Last edited:
Jose only got the Job because he told Levy what he wanted to hear.

He told Levy we had a fantastic squad and that he could win things with no additions.

No way Jose would have got the job if he'd told Levy the truth and demanded a healthy transfer budget like Conte apparently did.
There may be Truth in that. But he did sign 8 players. Trophies cost money and here is levy trying to do it on the cheap. After the season we've had and the season ticket renewal. Conte was what the fans demanded.

Back
Top Bottom