Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unless we ever find out why the negotiations really collapsed I'm not going to launch into a round of Levy hate. We all take the piss out of the ITKs but as soon as rumours come out which are bad news we all jump on board and believe them.

Maybe Conte was making reasonable demands. Maybe his demands were mental. We may never know. But if he doesn't want to cometo Spurs then fuck him.

Unless we ever find out why the negotiations really collapsed I'm not going to launch into a round of Levy hate. We all take the piss out of the ITKs but as soon as rumours come out which are bad news we all jump on board and believe them.

Maybe Conte was making reasonable demands. Maybe his demands were mental. We may never know. But if he doesn't want to cometo Spurs then fuck him.
Do you need a hand signed note from Daniel Levy and everyone involved in negotiations showing you the reasons why?

Levy has done this MULTIPLE times in the past on MULTIPLE deals, everyone in the press and sources close to both camps have said the reasons why.

Levy didn't want to have more than 4 backroom staff replaced, didn't want to pay the manager the extra 3m and didn't think Conte had enough focus on youth and was too focused on transfers, he also told Conte that there is no pressure to win a trophy.

Why go for Conte if all that is true? It just shows how utterly inept Levy is.

But let's be completely honest, we know he was never interested in Conte, it's too coincidental that the day after season ticket renewals the "talks broke down" and unless people believe Levy is incredibly stupid, why would he think someone like Conte wouldn't want to spend money and win trophies?

He isn't stupid and this was all a scam to get supporters thinking we are going to be ambitious so people would renew.

I am sick and tired of seeing people hand-wave Levy and his band of crooks behaviour after so many factual incidents and reports of this behaviour since they have been our owners.

Anybody defending Levy and ENIC at this point are either spinless cowards, stupid fucking morons or bootlicking cunts, take your pick.

Levy waking up this morning and restarting his search for a manager.

tenor.gif

high school GIF

Maybe, I think they will have to flex that now..... I’m talking bargain basement players which Rafa will be aligned with

operation top half finish / above West Ham. We need to get comfortable as a fan base that this is the aim
That's what the limit of ambition is going to be? Finishing above West Ham, two years after reaching the Champions league final?

Very poor.

Yeah mate there's a difference between fucking trix and hercules and respected professional journalists like Ally Gold, Palmeri and Romano.

The bad news is coming from the respected guys.

Joe Lewis is worth billions though isn't he. Surely he needs to speculate to accumulate. We are fuck all use to him as a mid table team with long term debt.

Invest a large sum now and reap the benefits...

When is the investment greater than the return?

We could get in Poch and sign world class players like Neymar, Mbappe.... And still come 2nd in a 1 horse race.

That's what the limit of ambition is going to be? Finishing above West Ham, two years after reaching the Champions league final?

Very poor.
Have to be realistic - we have zero money. Owners that put less into the club than my 7 year old son does

Ashley has put in x10 more than ENIC

Why were we even looking at Conte when it totally contradicted everything said in Levys post season round up? Why are we still looking for a manager after 2 months? Its not just about Conte, its about the shambolic nature of our search which seems to have been round Naglesmann, Rodgers, Flick, Poch and Conte and we're still no closer. Its amateur hour. This process and Levy's decision making over the last 2 years is undefendable.

Joe Lewis is worth billions though isn't he. Surely he needs to speculate to accumulate. We are fuck all use to him as a mid table team with long term debt.

Invest a large sum now and reap the benefits...
Because i'm sure him and DL think with the right manager they can get back in the top four. And with that Champions league money. That is their only ambition. Trophies mean nothing to them,as they are not fans. They said this when they took over,but many,(myself included) glossed over it.

Let's face it. Conte would not have worked out at Spurs. He's not a coach looking to build a winning team over many seasons.

Most likely explaination is that Spurs need PSG to release Poch from his contract. This can only happen if they secure Conte.

The ball is now firmly in PSGs hands. Do they go for a serial winner, or continue taking a risk with Poch.

I think when a manger of Contes calibre is available and willing to talk, then you simply have to try.

I think Levy will offer as much as he possibly can without putting us at risk or over stretching our finances. Often much to our frustration, but a completely appropriate approach.

That negotiation has failed (so far?) Shows he wanted more than we could offer.

Isn't that what negotiation is about? It's not always guaranteed to be successful.

That said, with Patrici coming in, I wonder of negotiation really is over or if this is just a stall waiting on one side to shift a bit.

From what we were hearing things were close, and it seems Patrici would be Contes man, so I'm not sure we have heard the last of this one...

And if we have, so be it

Conte is an elite manager, he will be absolutely fine. He won the league at Inter Milan and Juventus, every club in Italy would love to have him there. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him end up at United when Ole fails to win anything.
Or down the road at the Scum

Fuck knows whats going on…heard that Poch was really never option and then that the SM team were geared up for the appointment of either Poch or Conte…..😆

Whole thing looks a mess. Levy is absolutely destroying his relationship with the fans, ESL, Jose now this crap. If there is a plan it looks like shit, we don’t have the money to do a Chelsea or City so why go for Conte. It’s brain dead!

I swear Levy just loves a big name but doesn’t think about the consequences of getting a big name. We should never have gone near Jose and we should never have gone after Conte with our finances. We looks like fools in front of the whole world.

I can just see it happening though

We all know Arteta is a glorified cone distributor and it’s amazing he’s lasted this long
We are fortunate that their owners are almost as poor as ours. They have no ambition either.

Back
Top Bottom