Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs Community is in meltdown after they finally realised all the ‘ITK’ are guessers. They were all back slapping and dick stroking a few days ago when they all ‘confirmed’ Conte. They have banned everyone who questioned it. Pathetic pricks. It’s like a fucking playground over there. I have always posted there and just read this forum. Won’t be posting on SC any more, and will come and join the adults on here. 👍

You not met Sammy Spurs yet mate

If Conte really didn't come because he didn't have a big budget that for me says a lot more about him than the club.
Surely the best managers in the world are those who are able to get the best out of a smaller budget.
If you can just buy the best players then of course you would be successful but apart from Chelsea/Man City that's not how football works.
The fact that Conte is not up for a challenge suggests a lot about him. In fact compare it to Poch who was willing to leave Neymar/Mbappe etc.. and come back here.
That says a lot for me.
the best managers in the world are those with big budgets. Pep, Klopp, Jose, Allegri all spend big to win. Raneri is your example of winning without spending but not many rate him as the best.
In the 80s it might be possible but modern football is very consistent. Money brings success.
Even Mourinho can't win without money

Well, the rumoured rebellion by PSG players against Conte has kind of limited his options...
If he gets Kane & Son up top, with Tanguy & GLC in midfield, there's a good base for him to work with. Plus Reguilon playing for Sevilla destroyed Conte's Inter in the Europa League final, so he must be aware of how good a LWB he could become.
We all know we need CBs, and that's where the bulk of whatever transfer kitty is available should be spent.
But Loco Conte should relish the challenge.

:balescream:

Or maybe, just maybe, he saw that some of the players here are so shit that they're uncoachable. He was up for a challenge at Inter, Juve (who finished 7th before he took over) and Chelsea, so maybe the issue is with us, rather than him...
So he wanted a massive clear out of the deadwood quickly at low prices get some decent players in with the Kane transfer money so we could challenge for trophies and Levy baulked

In a nutshell I think that’s what has happened

So Levy will go for a manager who will work closely with him, use what we’ve got with of two or three going make a couple additions and take his time over a couple of seasons while we’re mid table
Like Potter or Howe

Spurs Community is in meltdown after they finally realised all the ‘ITK’ are guessers. They were all back slapping and dick stroking a few days ago when they all ‘confirmed’ Conte. They have banned everyone who questioned it. Pathetic pricks. It’s like a fucking playground over there. I have always posted there and just read this forum. Won’t be posting on SC any more, and will come and join the adults on here. 👍
Have a look at the Toilet thread or the Why did —- get sent off one before deciding!

But welcome anyway and I’m not an adult yet

Gossip from Spurs training (I have mate I meet in the pub who works there) pinch of salt- he says the word is Conte wanted to change lots of staff to bring in his own including sacking the likes of Ledley King. I’m sort of siding Levy if this is true
I'd have no issue with that. Like, I can't imagine Conte would have an issue with Mason and Ledley being involved with youth teams, which is more or less where they belong for the moment.

If Conte really didn't come because he didn't have a big budget that for me says a lot more about him than the club.
Surely the best managers in the world are those who are able to get the best out of a smaller budget.
If you can just buy the best players then of course you would be successful but apart from Chelsea/Man City that's not how football works.
The fact that Conte is not up for a challenge suggests a lot about him. In fact compare it to Poch who was willing to leave Neymar/Mbappe etc.. and come back here.
That says a lot for me.
I really don't think so. You're competing with Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool. Leicester, Woolwich will be there abouts. We need new starters in 4/5 positions.

It's the toughest league in the world and we've just finished 7th, if you want to bring in a manager who operates with the intention to win leagues and cups you have to give him some financial backing. If we bring in ETH, Potter or whoever, it's a different story, with the expectation on them spread over 3/4 years instead of 1/2. It's not clear what the numbers are, fair enough if he's demanding something silly like 200m, but if we can't back him with 100m worth of new players then I can't blame him for throwing his hands up.

...and of course if it is a manager at the Euros, then they'll be in late and hamstring our already fucking diabolical transfer strategy etc.

Not that we're likely to do anything until fast approaching the fucking deadline besides probably sell our best player.

I really don't think so. You're competing with Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool. Leicester, Woolwich will be there abouts. We need new starters in 4/5 positions.

It's the toughest league in the world and we've just finished 7th, if you want to bring in a manager who operates with the intention to win leagues and cups you have to give him some financial backing. If we bring in ETH, Potter or whoever, it's a different story, with the expectation on them spread over 3/4 years instead of 1/2. It's not clear what the numbers are, fair enough if he's demanding something silly like 200m, but if we can't back him with 100m worth of new players then I can't blame him for throwing his hands up.
I couldn't agree more
If a manager can win a major trophy with this squad plus 100M and Kane staying is a bloody good manager to me.

Back
Top Bottom