Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

will come and join the adults on here. 👍
Looking Around Star Trek GIF

Gossip from Spurs training (I have mate I meet in the pub who works there) pinch of salt- he says the word is Conte wanted to change lots of staff to bring in his own including sacking the likes of Ledley King. I’m sort of siding Levy if this is true

Gossip from Spurs training (I have mate I meet in the pub who works there) pinch of salt- he says the word is Conte wanted to change lots of staff to bring in his own including sacking the likes of Ledley King. I’m sort of siding Levy if this is true
why ? what changings in skill level did Ledley bring to our defence ?
good players don't make good coaches

Im not doubting what your friend said mate.
It's probably true.

However, what did Levy think would happen with Conte. The status quo ?

Levy is out of his depth here. He allowed a media circus to unfold from the get go.
FTR, i am not in the Conte camp, as I posted a while back that the Levy / Conte relationship would be toxic.

Problem for Levy, for such an astounding businessman, he has left ENIC and by design Spurs looking like Championship material.

" Reputational damage ", ... Daniel.

wasn't Ledley in charge of coaching the defence....how did that turn out?

Ledley was only an ambassador for the club until very recently, so if Levy pulled the plug on Conte because he didn't want him as a coach it would be utterly ridiculous

I think Conte needs to change his expectations on how much any team bar Chelsea or Man City will be spending in the near future. Inter Milan, Real Madrid and us balked at his requests and I suspect others will too. Let’s see if any other team picks him up this summer. I suspect not.

Certainly a manager needs to bring his own staff.

BUT

A club also needs continueity, we can't go on changing the entire backroom everytime a manager quits or is sacked, it is killing the footballing department.

It's obvious what the sollution is: A DoF who handles the staffing at every level apart from first team.

If Conte really didn't come because he didn't have a big budget that for me says a lot more about him than the club.
Surely the best managers in the world are those who are able to get the best out of a smaller budget.
If you can just buy the best players then of course you would be successful but apart from Chelsea/Man City that's not how football works.
The fact that Conte is not up for a challenge suggests a lot about him. In fact compare it to Poch who was willing to leave Neymar/Mbappe etc.. and come back here.
That says a lot for me.

If Conte really didn't come because he didn't have a big budget that for me says a lot more about him than the club.
Surely the best managers in the world are those who are able to get the best out of a smaller budget.
If you can just buy the best players then of course you would be successful but apart from Chelsea/Man City that's not how football works.
The fact that Conte is not up for a challenge suggests a lot about him. In fact compare it to Poch who was willing to leave Neymar/Mbappe etc.. and come back here.
That says a lot for me.
Or maybe, just maybe, he saw that some of the players here are so shit that they're uncoachable. He was up for a challenge at Inter, Juve (who finished 7th before he took over) and Chelsea, so maybe the issue is with us, rather than him...

That says a lot for me.
Come on. Do you think poch was willing to leave to us.? He sold himself to madrid supposedly and spoke to us. This automatically made psg extend his contract by a year. Poch knew what he was doing and it didnt involve joining us.
Plus leonardo isnt impressing the owners at psg so of he goes poch has more control there

Back
Top Bottom