Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte would have known Levy didn't spend money so ditto for him. Weird situation

It is quite possible that he looked at us and said to himself that Spurs are a big club with a massive fanbase, world class facilities surely they are ready to have a team that matches it. The owner might not have spent in the past but now that he has a chance to compete he can't be so stupid that he would not match my ambition.

Remember we know how awful Levy is Conte can only see from the outside and has no real understanding of just how stupid Levy truly is.

I think Poch is a good coach, but I don't think he worked miracles. When he had quality players at their peak, he produced excellent results (ok, no trophies, but we were right up there). When we had less quality to work with, the results went south (and I am talking about the league. Our Champions League final appearance was a very lucky cup run imo, we could/should have gone out at the group stage/quarters/semis etc.)

I mean Poch's peak team was prob something like:

lloris
walker-toby-jan-rose
wanyama-dembele
eriksen-dele-son
kane

That's just a team of really good players (when they were at an age of peak performance). It's not a miracle to have that team up there, they should be right up there. The mistake was not continuing to give Poch the quality as the likes of Dembele, Vertonghen etc declined, but we all know that I suppose.
You mean when Poch said we need a rebuild and it didn’t happen. He was even public with the painful decisions need to be taken. Levy tried to muddle on and her we are today

No Poch
No manager
No CL
No Europa League even
No clue
No investment

I e gone from incandescent with rage to complete “I couldn’t give a fuck anymore” mode in 24 hours. Am sat in the sunshine with an ice cold beer after a thoroughly enjoyable THFC free day. The worrying thing is that after 47 years of supporting this club, I think ENIC and the past couple of years have made me realise that this was a doomed love affair. Anger gives way to apathy after a while and I think I’m just going to enjoy life instead of getting mad at that little bald cunt and his wrinkly, tax dodging, old bald cunt boss.

Up until a week ago, Conte had 3 votes on this poll. 3!

And now your all pissed it's looking doubtful?

Fans didn't want him because his reluctance to built youth and his demanding and controlling style. So if Levy has rejected on this basis, he has done exactly what you wanted!!!

Climbing the football ladder can't be done quickly. It takes time. Be patient and enjoy the football. Its much more fun being the underdog.
Whether we wanted him or not, that's not the point here. The point is that its clear that Conte is ambitious and wanted assurances over our ambition and the kitty he has available to try and compete.
Levy failed to convince him.

Put the two together and you can clearly see we have fuck all ambition to even try and compete. We sacked Mourinho with zero plan, we are an utter shambles.

Plus the clock is ticking to get somebody in and then that person identify the targets they need and clear out the dead wood, so chances are we are going to be seeing the same sorry ass bunch of chancers making the same mistakes next season.

That's why people are agitated

One poxy league cup to show for it since this mob took over, and one constant factor throughout all the failure.

This cunt
:levystare:

When are the apologists going to wake up?

What use is a world class stadium when we are heading rapidly back to being a mid table, nothing club?

Had enough

Conte wouldn't have done miracles with this current group of players so if we weren't going to support him in the transfer market the appointment would just be another hollow PR move from the board.

Had Conte accepted on compromised terms then had us finishing 5th/6th again the board would shrug their shoulders and say well we got the best in the business in, what more can we do? Then we'd be hearing all the usual about how everything we touch turns to shit.

It's all very well throwing huge contracts at managers but the really good ones won't throw their reputations onto the fire for a project that's doomed to fail.

Conte wouldn't have done miracles with this current group of players so if we weren't going to support him in the transfer market the appointment would just be another hollow PR move from the board.

Had Conte accepted on compromised terms then had us finishing 5th/6th again the board would shrug their shoulders and say well we got the best in the business in, what more can we do? Then we'd be hearing all the usual about how everything we touch turns to shit.

It's all very well throwing huge contracts at managers but the really good ones won't throw their reputations onto the fire for a project that's doomed to fail.

Conte did very well with an average Italian squad.

He's a top coach.

Spurs Community is in meltdown after they finally realised all the ‘ITK’ are guessers. They were all back slapping and dick stroking a few days ago when they all ‘confirmed’ Conte. They have banned everyone who questioned it. Pathetic pricks. It’s like a fucking playground over there. I have always posted there and just read this forum. Won’t be posting on SC any more, and will come and join the adults on here. 👍

Spurs Community is in meltdown after they finally realised all the ‘ITK’ are guessers. They were all back slapping and dick stroking a few days ago when they all ‘confirmed’ Conte. They have banned everyone who questioned it. Pathetic pricks. It’s like a fucking playground over there. I have always posted there and just read this forum. Won’t be posting on SC any more, and will come and join the adults on here. 👍
Adults!!!!!
On here?????????

Are you sure you're in the right place?

Last edited:
Then I can’t believe they were done in good faith initially, or Levy was completely inept in terms of understanding how Conte operates.
It wasn’t a conspiracy to get ticket renewals. There’s thousand and thousands on the waiting list. It’s just levy being the same old cheap bastard
I reckon Levy just got him in to have a closer look at his weave, and to pick his brains about where and how to get HIS OWN done... :levyeyes:

Conte probably took offence cos he assumed everyone thought his hair was real.
But now the biggest baddest baldy in town has that information, he no longer has any need for Contes services.... he probably didn't even consider him for the Manager's job!

I expect Levy to be sporting his new look, come August!
1srmqbkxz6m61.jpg

Back
Top Bottom