Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reinvesting from sales is Levy's MO, it's how he built the squad.

Nonsense to say he wouldn't reinvest cash from selling Kane.

Perhaps it's more nuanced, Conte wanted a £100m player to replace him and Levy wouldn't spend so much on one player?

Or, more likely imo, it's just a BS statement
Yep maybe he said I want to spend 100 on Lukaku and Levy told him to do one

I would say he became a defender that helps you win things when he helped Inter win the league. And in this scenario we are going off Conte wanting him so really what you or I think doesn't matter.

I think it is pretty clear that there were no crazy demands made or we would have heard about them now. The reporting on this whole saga has been pretty well covered so it seems unlikely that the over the top demands would have been missed and that Levy would be keeping those quiet while the fan base roasts him over his handling of the whole thing.

I have seen him play but not surprised to see you go to that weak insult.
Great so maybe we should sign Ashley Young for wingback since he also helped Inter win a league by your logic.

Great so maybe we should sign Ashley Young for wingback since he also helped Inter win a league by your logic.

If Conte is coming as manager and thinks that Young can do the job better than others yes.

But he hasn't ever indicated that. Its almost like your ridiculous hypothetical is silly and the reality of a multiple league winner actually wanting a player is much more relevant.

By the sounds of it a lot of madrid and psg players dont want conte and made it clear to their clubs bosses.
I dont think this matters because we know how soft modern day footballers are and how they dont like someone a little tough.
But the more i think bout it i dont think hes a great fit for us.
I think a lot of the anger is coming from the fact of how badly handled this all is by the clowns running us and the fact we are left with fuck all to choose from
We know how soft modern footballers are.... Do we? Really? Or do you just believe everything you see in papers and Twitter?

If Conte is coming as manager and thinks that Young can do the job better than others yes.

But he hasn't ever indicated that. Its almost like your ridiculous hypothetical is silly and the reality of a multiple league winner actually wanting a player is much more relevant.

Not silly at all. You said De Vrij is a defender who helps you win things because he won his first league title last season. Young played for the same team so by your pea-brain logic he is also a defender that helps you win things and we should SIGN HIM UP BABY. Reguilon who?

And when did Conte ever indicate to you that he wanted to sign De Vrij by the way? Personal phone call? Or do you just go around believing every tweet you read? MORON.

Not silly at all. You said De Vrij is a defender who helps you win things because he won his first league title last season. Young played for the same team so by your pea-brain logic he is also a defender that helps you win things and we should SIGN HIM UP BABY. Reguilon who?

And when did Conte ever indicate to you that he wanted to sign De Vrij by the way? Personal phone call? Or do you just go around believing every tweet you read? MORON.

No that is not how it works actually, I said that signing De Vrij with Conte coming in helps you win things because of what he did with Conte last season. I specifically referred to De Vrij.

I didn't say any player for Inter, I was specific about one player.

So no you can't just make up what you like and attribute it to me because I never said it. I know that is the only way you can argue is to make shit up but it doesn't make things true.

When the reports come from reliable sources yes they should be believed. And if he doesn't want to bring in De Vrij then there is a simple solution, don't bring him in! What a concept.

It is funny how much you are trying to make this into a big deal because of your pathetic little feelings.

No that is not how it works actually, I said that signing De Vrij with Conte coming in helps you win things because of what he did with Conte last season. I specifically referred to De Vrij.

I didn't say any player for Inter, I was specific about one player.

So no you can't just make up what you like and attribute it to me because I never said it. I know that is the only way you can argue is to make shit up but it doesn't make things true.

When the reports come from reliable sources yes they should be believed. And if he doesn't want to bring in De Vrij then there is a simple solution, don't bring him in! What a concept.

It is funny how much you are trying to make this into a big deal because of your pathetic little feelings.
More nonsense from TFC's resident clown!

Backtrack all you like little guy.

More nonsense from TFC's resident clown!

Backtrack all you like little guy.

Backtracking?

From what the shit you made up?

Feel free to quote where I said anything about Young. You can't just like can't ever quote the shit you make up.

Of course you will do what you always do when shown to be full of shit and that is resort to personal attacks to try and deflect away from your shit.

In hindsight it's all a bit more obvious.

For Spurs to get success, the manager needs to be a fucking miracle worker, not a chequebook manager whohad previous success because he could charge into the transfer market and pick who he wanted.

The longer this goes on, the more recognition Poch deserves for almost pulling off the miracle in his time with us.

Conte under the same restrictions might have done no better than Mourinho.

I think Poch is a good coach, but I don't think he worked miracles. When he had quality players at their peak, he produced excellent results (ok, no trophies, but we were right up there). When we had less quality to work with, the results went south (and I am talking about the league. Our Champions League final appearance was a very lucky cup run imo, we could/should have gone out at the group stage/quarters/semis etc.)

I mean Poch's peak team was prob something like:

lloris
walker-toby-jan-rose
wanyama-dembele
eriksen-dele-son
kane

That's just a team of really good players (when they were at an age of peak performance). It's not a miracle to have that team up there, they should be right up there. The mistake was not continuing to give Poch the quality as the likes of Dembele, Vertonghen etc declined, but we all know that I suppose.

I think Poch is a good coach, but I don't think he worked miracles. When he had quality players at their peak, he produced excellent results (ok, no trophies, but we were right up there). When we had less quality to work with, the results went south (and I am talking about the league. Our Champions League final appearance was a very lucky cup run imo, we could/should have gone out at the group stage/quarters/semis etc.)

I mean Poch's peak team was prob something like:

lloris
walker-toby-jan-rose
wanyama-dembele
eriksen-dele-son
kane

That's just a team of really good players (when they were at an age of peak performance). It's not a miracle to have that team up there, they should be right up there. The mistake was not continuing to give Poch the quality as the likes of Dembele, Vertonghen etc declined, but we all know that I suppose.
People basically give managers too much credit. At the end of the day the team with the better players wins 9/10 times so if you want to win a league or a Champions league you need to have better players than your rivals. It's quite simple really.

People basically give managers too much credit. At the end of the day the team with the better players wins 9/10 times so if you want to win a league or a Champions league you need to have better players than your rivals. It's quite simple really.
That's us finished then....!

Look at his record before making ridiculous statements. He took the worst Italy side in recent history and got them to a Euro quarter-final, beating Belgium, Spain and Sweden in the process with fucking Eder and Graziano Pelle as strikers. It's a shame our owners, and some of our fans, can't match that amibition. A real shame...
If the reports are to be be believed about him wanting assurances over money to buy players then my comment was correct. Also, it looks like he’s spent best part of a billion pounds on players in his time: not scared of splashing the cash, that’s for sure.
It’s about owners’ cash, not ambition.

Levy knew that conte would want to spend money (and we all know that we need new players here) so if he wasn't going to give him money why go into talks ?

I agree with a lot of the above and share the frustration created by false hope over nothing more than a time wasting exercise. Levy knew Conte wanted complete control and shedloads of shekels whilst at the same time Conte knew he wouldn't get either.

Both of them were fully aware it was dead in the water before their little legs took a step in the wrong direction therefore one can only assume they did it because they were both curious..... lending more than a little credibility to that old adage 'curiosity killed the kitty.'

Back
Top Bottom