EURO 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't care about it, I just tried to explain some ofthe reasons behind booing, rather than call out 20k people racist.

Status quo is gonna resolve by players taking a knee. Give me a fucking break. It's just PL PR stunt.

Is just a thing nowadays. Soon as you don't agree with everything BLM or any other organisation says, you're racist. Fuck off. I'm not allowing it.

It keeps people talking about whereas quite a few out there would rather we changed the subject and pretend like it doesn't exist.

You don't get to allow anything you arrogant twat!

It keeps people talking about whereas quite a few out there would rather we changed the subject and pretend like it doesn't exist.

You don't get to allow anything you arrogant twat!
Listen, on my reponse you said I'm racist. Nowyou're calling me arrogant twat.

Says a lot about you. If I said I'm not allowing you calling me racist because we disagree that's it.

It's so easy to label people this and tht nowadays, grow up!!

Ha, spoken like a true racist. Look at these people getting so uppity and for so damn long. Why can't they just act as if everything is okay and racism is no longer an issue?

I'm not bothered by it, anyone that is obviously has some issues. Some people are comfortable with the status quo but others aren't.

It's such a non-issue to me but those booing are turning it into one and creating a really ugly situation. So what if they're no longer doing it in the US? Racism is everywhere including within the UK and Croatia.

My girlfriend is Filipina, my best friend since childhood is black and I was listening to the Jackson 5 this morning. I think the whole taking the knee thing is now an absolute farce, and I'm certainly no racist. Originally it made some sort of impact to an extent but it's not and will never be anything like some kind of remedy to tackle racism.

My girlfriend is Filipina, my best friend since childhood is black and I was listening to the Jackson 5 this morning. I think the whole taking the knee thing is now an absolute farce, and I'm certainly no racist. Originally it made some sort of impact to an extent but it's not and will never be anything like some kind of remedy to tackle racism.

Not getting into the whole "my best friend is black" argument but it keeps the issue in the spotlight which seems to wind up a lot of people many of which are racists.

Why boo anyway? What exactly are they taking umbrage with? For delaying kick off by a few more seconds? It's a sick joke.

Not getting into the whole "my best friend is black" argument but it keeps the issue in the spotlight which seems to wind up a lot of people many of which are racists.

Why boo anyway? What exactly are they taking umbrage with? For delaying kick off by a few more seconds? It's a sick joke.

Yeah, I don't agree with the boo's at all. I don't even agree with boo-ing players at games as sometimes happens.

I think people/fans are just tired of players taking a knee, why? Because it means fuck all. It could be done for a game or two, but for a season or two it's ridiculous. They aren't doing it in USA anymore.

Of course they are some racist fans, but don't think majority of them is against it because they are racist.
Southgate said they do it to show solidarity with each other - other professional footballers that is. They don't care what you think, it's not aimed at you.

Southgate said they do it to show solidarity with each other - other professional footballers that is. They don't care what you think, it's not aimed at you.
I'm not bothered by it, I was just trying to explain that maybe people who are booing aren't racist, at least not them all.

My 5 takes from today's game:

- Why is Tyrone Mings anywhere near the squad? I could name 4 or 5 better defenders than him that aren't going in seconds, the likes of Dunk, Tarkowski and his Villa team-mate, Konsa. Then there's Tomori at Milan too who's been outstanding for them.

- When is Jadon Sancho going to show up for England? I know he had one good moment that hit the bar, but he turns into John Smith when he pulls on an England shirt compared to the Jadon Sancho that plays for Dortmund.

- We're fucked if Kane gets injured. The drop of quality between him and Calvert-Lewin is like night and day. I'd honestly have taken Bamford over Calvert-Lewin as his all-round game is better.

- Ward-Prowse has to go, and I've been saying this for weeks. Very good player, even without his set-pieces, and won't get the acclaim he deserves until he leaves Southampton for a bigger club.

- Grealish is some footballer. As part of a front three though does he carry enough goal threat himself? You could have a front three of Foden, Sterling/Rashford and Kane with Grealish the playmaker, leaving Rice and Mount in the middle, if you want to put your emphasis on attack.

Last edited:
Modric, Brozovic and Kovacic against Rice, Hendo and Mount :mourglasses:

Mount is a better player than Kovacic. Or at least he has more to his game, as they're different sort of players. Not much in it between Brozovic and Rice either quality wise. Modric is still quality but he's not quite what he was seeing as he's 35.

Last edited:
Mount is a far better player than Kovacic. Not much in it between Brozovic and Rice either quality wise. Modric is still quality but he's not quite what he was.
Far better? Kovacic was their best player last season, voted by the fans.
Rice is good player, but cmon mate, Brozovic is at this level for years with a lot of experiance.

Don't do that. Ughhh, that's why everyone around Europe always think you are arrogant bunch.😭

Exactly. One is there to support the team. The team believes this is the right thing to do and had clearly stated why they do it. The disingenuous reasons for not supporting it aside (my assumption is that you're racist), why boo? Fucking weird. Just stand there and shut the fuck up.

Rice is good player, but cmon mate, Brozovic is at this level for years with a lot of experiance.

Don't do that. Ughhh, that's why everyone around Europe always think you are arrogant bunch.😭

Well, you started it mate.

:harrysmile:

Anyway, Grealish and Kane and Foden are better than any of your attackers or is that arrogant?

:pochsmirk:

Not one sane Chelsea fan would take Kovacic over Mount. They're both good players but as I said, Mount has a better all round game. I'd take both at Spurs but if I could only pick one I know who I would be choosing. Brozovic I'd take over Rice, sure, but ability wise I don't think he's much if any better. Just more experienced, like you say. But if you're saying that your midfield three is so much better than England's best three, which you seem to be implying, then I don't agree with that. In terms of experience at the top level then there can be no argument.

Well, you started it mate.

:harrysmile:

Anyway, Grealish and Kane and Foden are better than any of your attackers or is that arrogant?

:pochsmirk:
I'm taking what I can 😭

Our beat chance is our midfield, of course you have better squad, that's why you're top 3 favourites and we are 9-10.

But I do think our midfield trio is better(much) than yours. Mount is there the only one I rate highly.

Rice is nice player, but don't compare him to Brozovic, not yet.

We'll see if we can take the posession like we did in 2nd half of semifinal. Doubt because you're at home, but ability of that trio in midfield is high as you can get in world football.

Back
Top Bottom