Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just wonder if things change when he dies. He’s 84 years old. He can’t go on for ever surely?
tales from the crypt horror GIF by absurdnoise

Erik ten Hag now 2/1 Favourite.

Jesus wept. Will he arrive with a tube ticket and a fitness coach without a work permit.

Cannot wait for someone to claim this joker was first choice all along. “We were really impressed with how his team of next generation superstars managed to cough up a 3-0 lead with 45 minutes to play”.

and to confirm how cynical I am. Levy won’t be within 100 meters of a camera when they wheel this joke out in front of the media.

Last edited:

Jesus wept. Will he arrive with a tube ticket and a fitness coach without a work permit.

Cannot wait for someone to claim this joker was fist choice all along. “We were really impressed with how his team of next generation superstars managed to cough up a 3-0 lead with 45 minutes to play”.

and to confirm how cynical I am. Levy won’t be within 100 meters of a camera when they wheel this joke out in front of the media.
Erik ten Hag was more first choice all along. No. Seriously. He was.

Last edited:

Cannot wait for someone to claim this joker was fist choice all along. “We were really impressed with how his team of next generation superstars managed to cough up a 3-0 lead with 45 minutes to play”.

If he comes there will be some PR guff about him being a manager who fits in with our traditions of positive, attacking football built around our exciting Academy players. Or some words to that effect.

Cannot wait for someone to claim this joker was first choice all along. “We were really impressed with how his team of next generation superstars managed to cough up a 3-0 lead with 45 minutes to play”.

Turnarounds never happened in football before, shocker... you decide to overlook all the good work he’s done at Ajax because we managed to pull off one in a decade comeback in the dying minutes.

Turnarounds never happened in football before, shocker... you decide to overlook all the good work he’s done at Ajax because we managed to pull off one in a decade comeback in the dying minutes.
Maybe. And that’s a fair point.

Erik ten Hag might be the answer. I just can’t quite see what the question is just yet.

Maybe their fabled XG count is so high because he's instructed his players not to take chances from range, not to try anything audacious and to only shoot when there's a higher probability of hitting the target.
Maybe that inflates the Xg compared to other teams who score a lot more because they have a crack more often.
9th in the table for goals from outside the box. The average PL team take about 35% of it's shots from outside the box, I think Brighton are somewhere around 33%

Leeds have the lowest at slightly below 30%, while West Brom and Wolves are both over 43%. The highest recorded percentage of shots taken from outside the box in a season is Roberto Martinez's Wigan, they had 55% one year.

He was mine after Nagelsmann. If we get him there's a lot of optimistic possibilities for us.
I've actually voted for him in this poll. But that was before we started flashing our panties to Conte/Poch et al.

If Levy thought he was the man, go all out and get him but it now feels he's something of last resort because he's realizing he can't get anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom