Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've actually voted for him in this poll. But that was before we started flashing our panties to Conte/Poch et al.

If Levy thought he was the man, go all out and get him but it now feels he's something of last resort because he's realizing he can't get anyone else.

oh definitely. Levy completely fucked this up. It’s pathetic the way this went down.

I just think ten Hag could be a real success overall.

The way levy puts the fans through the mill im surprised our fanbase is still loyal. Getting beyond a joke now waiting so long for new boss. This is levys fuck up btw and its left a trail of devastation. Should have kept poch and sold up. Part of me thinks he sticks around as hes on a nice little earner and wont let go until hes satisfied weve won something. Not going to happen under him. As for conte...high maitenance and would have been gone within 12-24 months.
You got the nice little earner bit right but he doesn’t give a fuck whether we win something or not imv

What annoys me the most about this Conte shambles Is the fact he’s a free agent. Had he still been at Inter, I would of given Levy slightly more leeway as it’s difficult prizing managers of that class away from their clubs, but when he’s just become available, interested in joining us and we completely fuck it up due to our lack of ambition, I literally can’t accept it. He’s a fucking parasite this Levy and the quicker he fucks off, along with his saggy balled uncle Joe Lewis, the better it will be for all of us. Just maybe we might see Spurs win a trophy or 2.

What annoys me the most about this Conte shambles Is the fact he’s a free agent. Had he still been at Inter, I would of given Levy slightly more leeway as it’s difficult prizing managers of that class away from their clubs, but when he’s just become available, interested in joining us and we completely fuck it up due to our lack of ambition, I literally can’t accept it. He’s a fucking parasite this Levy and the quicker he fucks off, along with his saggy balled uncle Joe Lewis, the better it will be for all of us. Just maybe we might see Spurs win a trophy or 2.
For me the thing that annoys me most about it is it just exposes our lack of ambition to the entire footballing world. Every manager and player we talked to this summer will know were not interested in truly competing for things.

Who here wishes we had Roman Abramovich as our chairman ? What could of been ☹️
I don't wish for him personally, i think he should be in prison for the rest of his life, like the rest of the Oligarch crooks. It's one of the great scandals of the modern era how this bunch of fucking reptiles were able to rape a nation's assets and then just fuck off into the sunset to buy football clubs and hoard their ill-gotten gains.

However i wouldn't say no to a rich benefactor who actually had an interest in winning trophies. Joe Lewis probably can't name a single Spurs player and clearly has zero interest in football. That has allowed Levy free reign to practically run the club as his own personal fiefdom.

Put it this way if If Levy worked for Abramovich and not Joe Lewis, he'd have been fired fucking years ago.

I am willing to admit to not knowing enough about him to be optimistic. What is it we should be excited by ?

To start don’t just think of him as an Ajax system guy. He cut his teeth with Bayern II when pep was there and learned under him. He brings a version of pep ball with him but he’s shown a clear vision to adapt to his talent under that system.

At Ajax he has had both domestic and European success (Lucas aside, that’s was a great run for Ajax beating real and juve over 2 legs).

He’s worked with youth systems at Bayern and Ajax and at the latter was able to continuously incorporate youth players into his system while still winning, and turning over the squad.

I think he’s a great option for us BECAUSE I think ENIC sucks, and that isn’t easily changed. He will make current talent better and incorporate youth while playing fun and winning football.

would I prefer conte and this mythical huge investment in talent? Of course. But it doesn’t exist and ETH is by far the best option to work in our current setup.

he could be better than Poch.

A lot of the reason that they finished 7th was that Mendes brought in his clients that would have never gone to a similar team for so little.

Now that Mendes has maxed out the guys he can bring we can see that Wolves have no way to compete at anything other than bottom half of the table.

Nuno is such much like Jose in that he has no idea about the attacking game and relies on individual brilliance from players like Jimenez, Neves and Jota. When they went out the team struggled. You could see it even when they were doing "well" they were out played badly until the 80th minute when one of them would go on a run and a score on a rocket from outside the box to save them.

Nuno should be an easy no.
Solid manager with money behind yes.

George Clooney Film GIF by NETFLIX

Back
Top Bottom