Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
To start don’t just think of him as an Ajax system guy. He cut his teeth with Bayern II when pep was there and learned under him. He brings a version of pep ball with him but he’s shown a clear vision to adapt to his talent under that system.

At Ajax he has had both domestic and European success (Lucas aside, that’s was a great run for Ajax beating real and juve over 2 legs).

He’s worked with youth systems at Bayern and Ajax and at the latter was able to continuously incorporate youth players into his system while still winning, and turning over the squad.

I think he’s a great option for us BECAUSE I think ENIC sucks, and that isn’t easily changed. He will make current talent better and incorporate youth while playing fun and winning football.

would I prefer conte and this mythical huge investment in talent? Of course. But it doesn’t exist and ETH is by far the best option to work in our current setup.

he could be better than Poch.

This is a great write up and you touch on what I wanted to add when you say turn over the squad and for me that is a key point. He didn't just do it based on the back of a few players, when he lost a lot of the key players he had he was able to keep having success. He brought in both youth- De Ligt, De Jong, Gravenbach and vets- Klaassen, Blind and Tadic and making it work with all of them.

Last edited:
The amount of people on here who flit from shit Twitter account to shit Twitter account, via shit media outlets, and take every word as gospel amazes me.

Bring back Ceefax and only Ceefax for official football news.

Having said that, I'm about to jump back onboard the Conte train given today's rumblings!

To start don’t just think of him as an Ajax system guy. He cut his teeth with Bayern II when pep was there and learned under him. He brings a version of pep ball with him but he’s shown a clear vision to adapt to his talent under that system.

At Ajax he has had both domestic and European success (Lucas aside, that’s was a great run for Ajax beating real and juve over 2 legs).

He’s worked with youth systems at Bayern and Ajax and at the latter was able to continuously incorporate youth players into his system while still winning, and turning over the squad.

I think he’s a great option for us BECAUSE I think ENIC sucks, and that isn’t easily changed. He will make current talent better and incorporate youth while playing fun and winning football.

would I prefer conte and this mythical huge investment in talent? Of course. But it doesn’t exist and ETH is by far the best option to work in our current setup.

he could be better than Poch.
Fair enough. When (if) appointed he will certainly have my support. Even Graham had that. Gerry the Mullet is the only manager I ever really hated.

This is a great write up and you touch on what I wanted to add when you say turn over the squad and for me that is a key point. He didn't just do it based on the back of a few players, when he lost a lot of the key players he had he was able to keep having success. He brought in both youth- De Ligt, De Jong, Gravenbach and vets- Klaassen, Blind and Tadic and making it work with all of them.

Ajax also hadn't won the league for 4 years before he got there. So while they have been a domestic giant, they were not dominating at that time. But have been since.

ETH or Potter are the best candidates for us.

George Clooney Film GIF by NETFLIX

Two possibilities:

1. Levy and the board are incompetent fucks with no plan, no philosophy and absolutely no fucking idea what to do next
2. Paratici has successfully already cut out all leaks and is finishing up a deal outside of the pressure of the media and silly season (and if true is a very good sign as a DOF/Scouting exec).

I know which one is probably right, but, despite constantly being proven wrong, I'm a Spurs optimist, so I'm choosing to believe 2.

Two possibilities:

1. Levy and the board are incompetent fucks with no plan, no philosophy and absolutely no fucking idea what to do next
2. Paratici has successfully already cut out all leaks and is finishing up a deal outside of the pressure of the media and silly season (and if true is a very good sign as a DOF/Scouting exec).

I know which one is probably right, but, despite constantly being proven wrong, I'm a Spurs optimist, so I'm choosing to believe 2.
It’s one, number 2 makes no sense they’ve had since April to work on an appointment. You don’t bring in a manager late for the window

Back
Top Bottom