Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
C'mon, consider the human element. How would you feel losing your job in the middle of a pandemic. Many of our staff have been there 10 years +
Well said. Just what I've been thinking. Let's hope Levy's showing a bit of loyalty to his staff and not just using them as bargaining chips.

Why in Turin?

Easier to fly out to Italy than for him to fly in I guess.

If he flies in to London he has to quarantine for 10 days before he can meet with the club to sign paperwork. We can send staff to Italy, finalize things and then let those guys work from home once back in the country.

Because we've had such a stellar year financially with a packed new stadium that generated so much revenue we don't know what to do with it. I mean, if this was any other year, I'd get the "Levy is a cheapskate" argument. But the one thing that would have allowed us to shell out a few extra quid has been fucking empty for the better part of the past one and a half years. Context, people.
Context? Joe Lewis is a multi billionaire. He can spare some especially as the stadium will earn it back in a heartbeat.

How do you like them apples?

Don't know much about Paratici beyond as Sporting director he oversaw some trophies at Juventus, his other "accolades" in the game including signing Ronaldo, Khedira, Rabiot and Aaron Ramsey to name but a few.

Hardly exciting, still don't know why Levy has such a hardon for Sporting Directors rather than just appointing a top drawer manager and letting him buy the players he wants for a fucking change, rather than trying to incorporate a load of shit that he didn't want which is our usual format.

We've been here before with Arneson and Damien Commoli.

So forgive me if I don't get excited about this appointment, I would say it would be good to get Levy out of the football side of things but we all know he will still be signing the checks and setting the budget.

Meanwhile, still no manager and no ongoing rebuild. Even sides like Villa are making strides in the transfer window, we are going to slip further and further behind.

Don't know much about Paratici beyond as Sporting director he oversaw some trophies at Juventus, his other "accolades" in the game including signing Ronaldo, Khedira, Rabiot and Aaron Ramsey to name but a few.

Hardly exciting, still don't know why Levy has such a hardon for Sporting Directors rather than just appointing a top drawer manager and letting him buy the players he wants for a fucking change, rather than trying to incorporate a load of shit that he didn't want which is our usual format.

So forgive me if I don't get excited about this appointment, I would say it would be good to get Levy out of the football side of things but we all know he will still be signing the checks and setting the budget.

Meanwhile, still no manager and no ongoing rebuild. Even sides like Villa are making strides in the transfer window, we are going to slip further and further behind.

Whilst you're probably right, because I don't like you, I'm still going to tell you to get lost.

:dembelefingers: :sonpoint:

Our situation is fcuking scandalous.

From May 31st 2019 full of hope to June 8th 2021 and seemingly hopeless is simply painful.

Our own clubdemic.

Last edited:
Hardly exciting, still don't know why Levy has such a hardon for Sporting Directors rather than just appointing a top drawer manager and letting him buy the players he wants for a fucking change,
Because modern football doesn't operate like that.

Zidane didn't pick his players at Madrid. Poch is not picking his players in Paris. Klopp and Guardiola are not picking their players at their clubs either.

Scouting and recruitment has moved past the era of the manager being heavily involved. All well run clubs have sporting directors that make sure that the manager has what they need these days. Not necessarily who they want, but what they need.

enhance nic cage GIF

Back
Top Bottom