Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
AlabamaSpur AlabamaSpur sounds like we dodged a bullet with Glasner.

Here are some comments from the Wolfsburg captain:

"I'm glad he's gone. He's certainly not a bad coach professionally and he was successful with us.

In the summer, I realised that it was going to be a difficult season for me and that something had changed in the relationship between the coach and me.

I had the feeling that the coach would use every little injury in the future as an excuse to leave me on the bench. And that's exactly what happened.

But I never had the feeling that I was sitting out for sporting reasons, but also for personal reasons. It wasn't just about football, that's why I'm so sad. I kept my mouth shut until today so as not to jeopardise the team's success

So often the coach had given me hope of a place in the starting eleven, which he then dashed with ever new excuses, it went on all the time. It almost destroyed me. I told my family before the games that they didn't have to watch because I wouldn't play anyway.

As a footballer I was broken, and as a person I was also badly hit. He is certainly not a bad coach professionally, and he was successful with us. But I'm still very glad that he's gone, because for me personally it was the worst relationship I've ever had with a coach in my career."

Whining fucking snowflake, like half the fuckers we have.

Lucien Favre is not a guy who plays how we would want. Nor does he have much ability to motivate players.

I think that's bit harsh, did good work at BMG, Nice and Dortmund - he can mix a bit of pragmatism with pro activism - but so does Klopp for example. Not saying they are the same or Favre is anywhere near as good, but he isn't Tony Pullis either.

Isn't Manure a self-sustaining super club? So it can be done, but I agree it's awfully hard and will take a long time. Much longer than fans are willing to wait.
Yeah hey certainly are, they had a colossal bit of good timing, the formation of a new league, PL money, good owners, the legend that is Ferguson, and half a team of quality players through their youth system.

Paratici will identify new #THFC head coach - PASSING THE BUCK #1
Levy will delegate on more football decisions - PASSING THE BUCK #2
Transfers on hold until new head coach hired - 50 DAYS
Some players had reservations over Conte - Bunch of moany little overpaid bitches, third time we've heard this shit.
Passing the Buck? that is what we want him to do. Surely you do not want Levy continuing to make football decisions.

We’ll probably see Mourinho sacked from Roma before we hire someone.
And.....re-hired by levy....GULP!
wrestlemania xv wrestling GIF by WWE

So, is the story that we lost out on Wijnaldum (and ended up with Sissoko) due to wages incorrect?
It did happen - same with Mane

Both players confirmed it

The fact Sissoko got a contract extension was reason alone for Levy to fuck off - he's absolutely clueless on the football side

So we have a chance to get a world class manager in and our chairman is a cheapskate who lacks any ambition.
Then our millionaire players are afraid of having to do too much work if we hire him.

There are so many utter scumbags at this club from top to bottom who need to go ASAP

It did happen - same with Mane

Both players confirmed it

The fact Sissoko got a contract extension was reason alone for Levy to fuck off - he's absolutely clueless on the football side
You also have to think of when this happened. You can't pay Wijnaldum more than your star players (Kane, Eriksen, Jan). That would have had a snowball effect on player salaries and our salary to turnover would have far exceeded what we could sustain. At the time, we simply could not afford them, Uncle Joe or not.

Now as far as the Sissoko contract extension is concerned, that's another story...

Well if it’s true (and that is unknown) that’s at least something, we might get an actual football man running the football side of the club.
Think what you like. Levy is NOT going to give up his grip to a DoF. He is the Trump of the premiere league.

Isn't Manure a self-sustaining super club? So it can be done, but I agree it's awfully hard and will take a long time. Much longer than fans are willing to wait.

Thing is you can't become a self-sustaining super club without success. No matter what the owners are doing off the pitch or in marketing we need to remember that the product is ultimately the football. To become a club like United you need to get those American/Chinese fans to start buying your stuff, why would they do that at Tottenham?

Back
Top Bottom