Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
get what youre saying but other that conte what manager would please the fans? seems to be a shortage of established quality managers. some of these new guys have to make the breakthrough.

lets be honest our main problem has been the squad and now levy has got an actual DOF in to deal with it we should see a positive change.
My choice from the beginning is Rafa Benitez.
He has the experience and CV, and he's worked under a tight cunt already at Newcastle. Ashley is basically Levy with a Geordie accent.

You could argue he is getting on but I'd much rather a man with PL experience who knows what it takes to win trophies than some rando with no CV who is probably Paratici's golfing buddy.

Can anyone possibly tell me how this guy is better than Dyche, Potter or Howe?

why do we spend millions getting these continental journeyman managers who have no EPL experience and who’s only career involves jumping from club to club, failing miserably at Porto and Roma but gets a 3 year fucking contract at spurs??!?! Why?!?!

and yet the likes of Dyche get disregarded and laughed at as not serious managers???

Surely if you’re going for the gamble of a manager with mainly just potential in his locker then you may as well gamble on one that has managed in the Premier League like Nuno or Potter. Or just go for the safe pair of hands given the situation and talk to Benitez who knows what he’s doing.

get what youre saying but other that conte what manager would please the fans? seems to be a shortage of established quality managers. some of these new guys have to make the breakthrough.

lets be honest our main problem has been the squad and now levy has got an actual DOF in to deal with it we should see a positive change.
There’s the Levy problem in a nutshell right there, always doing the right thing at the wrong time or doing the wrong thing at the right time….Setting up a DOF for a manager who has as much chance of being fired by Christmas as he has of winning the league during his 3 year contract, is like not signing a single player during 3 transfer Windows for a manager who was actually doing well….

Levy is a strange cat 🐱

why do we spend millions getting these continental journeyman managers who have no EPL experience and who’s only career involves jumping from club to club, failing miserably at Porto and Roma but gets a 3 year fucking contract at spurs??!?! Why?!?!

and yet the likes of Dyche get disregarded and laughed at as not serious managers???
Probably cheaper.

Fonseca is worse than David fucking Moyes, and we ripped the piss out of West Ham when they appointed him.

Moyes has actually taken Everton close to top 4 and managed at Man Utd one of the biggest clubs in world football.

Even Moyes CV makes it look like we are about to hire the janitor as our manager in comparison.

Mike Ashley grew up in south Bucks, not that far away from Slough where the Geordie accent isnt that prevalent.
Johnny Depp Whatever GIF

My choice from the beginning is Rafa Benitez.
He has the experience and CV, and he's worked under a tight cunt already at Newcastle. Ashley is basically Levy with a Geordie accent.

You could argue he is getting on but I'd much rather a man with PL experience who knows what it takes to win trophies than some rando with no CV who is probably Paratici's golfing buddy.
Ashley is from Maidenhead. He's Levy with more hair, pies and binge drinking.

Just realised he went to the same secondary school as me :mourweird:

There once was a fella called Fonseca
Who manages players like a tourista
He answers the call, fly's to Tottenham Mall
And states I am only here for the Açorda

So what I’m reading is he done alright with Shaktar (is that hard considering the standard of that league?) , pretty poor with Porto and even worse with Roma.

How does he deserve the job? Or am I missing something?

I'm laughing at all these bandwagon jumping cunts who'd never heard of this guy before yesterday....but now know that he's shite and will never do it here...

There was someone laughing at the fact that "wait and see" is leading the poll....Wait and see is the response when someone sensible see's a manager he's never fucking heard off and would like to wait and see, as it were, how the cunt is going to turn out...

The evidence is there for all to see on the Pochettino thread...
This, 100%. Often a forum becomes just a loo in which people discharge their frustrations with out switching their brain on
(not saying that Fonseca will be good, but I am not saying the opposite either)

Back
Top Bottom